Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624523 times)
Nightfox
Advanced Kitten

"The Emerald shine of the Aquatic Ruin..."

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1320 on: June 06, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »

In small request, if you can make room, I'd like to see a slot for the "Break the Targets" stage.
Not a clone, but using the actual stage slot, as seen here*.

Also, any other of the miscellaneous stages, I feel like they could all have an additional page, but I've only seen one mod on the vault that adds pages, and it added a whole 'nother set of two.

If we could also add pages to this, I bet that one page being the miscellaneous Brawl/Melee (regularly) non-battle stages, then the fourth page could be SSE stages, or vice versa.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0H1VdtMzo

EDIT: In the least, I'd like to see STGTARGET (Stage ID 30) added in.

EDIT(2): ..and why aren't you using the normal Online Training Stage (2F), and then just making the no-items mod an optional addition through having or not having the STGONLINETRAINING.pac file? Especially with the L/R/Z+A going on, having it as a STGCUSTOM makes it more confusing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:51:09 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1321 on: June 06, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »

EDIT(2): ..and why aren't you using the normal Online Training Stage (2F), and then just making the no-items mod an optional addition through having or not having the STGONLINETRAINING.pac file? Especially with the L/R/Z+A going on, having it as a STGCUSTOM makes it more confusing.

I wanted 3 alternates for Castle Siege (Static) and couldn't think of how else to do it without forcing all STGCUSTOMs to have 3 alternates as well. That would take up a lot of space on the SD card - somewhere around 200 MB extra. Maybe I should do it anyway though. (It wouldn't reduce the download size as long as I use 7zip or rar.) Or maybe I could put it over STGHOMERUN or something? Never tried that.

Do you have a link to a thing that adds pages to the stage select screen?

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1322 on: June 06, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »

STGCONFIGTEST would be a great dummy, that way everything else still works, (and testing controls would be more accurate).

Stage ID: 2A

EDIT: No link, but I'll keep looking. I know I saw it somewhere on here..
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:57:05 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1323 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »

I decided to add 2 more alternates to each STGCUSTOM and move the Online Practice Stage back to where it was.

If I add an icon for the targets stage, I'll need to take another stage out or merge two together (regular/alternate) - which 2 would make sense? I thought about putting Flat Zone as an alt of Flat Zone 2 but I couldn't figure out how to make an alt for STGGW.

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1324 on: June 07, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »

Does it work with GW_en, or is there a code to force the use of the GW file?

Also, Target Smash could easily have alternates of it's other stages, or other mode-exclusives, but then using blast-barrier fixes. If that becomes the case, I could easy make such.

The Smash 4 Final Destination is already merged to Z+A, so I'll assume you used what was it's slot, and say Peach's Castle Melee/64 could merge. "How to Play" could merge with Target Smash too, if you're still doing three alts on all STGCUSTOM. Also, Kongo Jungle Melee/64 could be merged.

Also, Castle Siege statics (unless it's already 3-in-one), could be swapped out with Omega on L+A.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210826

Things I'd like to inform of, too:

Gamer:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211527

Gamer (Omega):
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211571

"Fixed" 64 Battlefield:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210655

L+A 3DS Online Training, current one could be R+A:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211345

Smash 4's Hyrule 64:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209491

Smash 4's Dreamland 64:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209944

Wrecking Crew (Double Omega's for placeholder?) :
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209527

I know not all of it would fit, but.. Some are just easy file swaps that could improve this pack.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:03:16 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1325 on: June 08, 2016, 12:24:05 PM »

I've already got Castle Siege Omega along with the statics, and the SSB4 versions of those four N64 stages. I'll add the 3DS Online Training at least.

How to Play has SSB64 Intro as an alternate, but I wonder if I could make How to Play a Dream Land alt instead, and move SSB64 Intro over to Trophy Room or something. Then maybe I'd put Castle Siege Static on the 2nd page?

I'd like to add some of ALM5252's Omega stages too, for the ones that are modeled after stages that are in SSB64/Melee/Brawl, even if they don't quite match the SSB4 versions. (Except maybe Halberd, that one is different because SSB4's version is a platform.)

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1326 on: June 08, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

Understandable, although I've only ripped 3DS models, so I wouldn't know if it were the actual Wii-U model.

That said, I also believe that with module swapping on per-button, couldn't you also just add X/y/(D-Pad?)+A for Castle Siege only; thus cleaning up one more space, and making the hunt for statics of an already-existing stage easier?

EDIT: Not to mention, STGEMBLEM03 (or something) with the lava pit is close enough to "static," as it just rocks back and forth a little. I personally like that, and or people who want it motionless, it's easy to just replace that stage on it's own. I'd bet that people would either be all-out, or all-away from that stage's mechanism.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:58:11 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1327 on: June 08, 2016, 05:35:10 PM »

The problem is I don't quite know how to use the alternate stage loader with STGEMBLEM when not all of the stages are st_emblem based. So currently I have:
    * STGCUSTOM01 = First stage (castle)
    * STGCUSTOM01_L = Second stage (indoors)
    * STGCUSTOM01_R = Third stage (cave/lava pit, except it doesn't move)
    * STGCUSTOM01_Z = omega
    All are over st_final - not sure how to port those first 3 to st_emblem.

I think the omega stage was originally over st_emblem though - if that's true I could put that on STGEMBLEM and get rid of the other 3.

There's no way AFAIK to make it load just STGEMBLEM_00/01/02.

EDIT: I just tried Castle Siege Omega on STGEMBLEM_L and STGEMBLEM_00_L and it didn't seem to work - just loaded regular Castle Siege.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:01:07 PM by libertyernie » Logged

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1328 on: June 08, 2016, 08:03:52 PM »

7.0 with STGEMBLEM_00_L.pac (AND STGEMBLEM.pac simultaneously) loads for me, but I'm also using just a texture mod for Castle Siege in that case. Strangely, then after trainsformations, 01_L and 02_L are vanilla (in-game), but 00 and just STGEMBLEM remain loaded here.

Not sure if that's a module problem, or the new code you got there.

Also, maybe:
    STGEMBLEM = Normal
    STGEMBLEM_L = Omega
    _R = Outside (static)
    _Z = Inside (static)

..and if it's necessary:
    _X/_y = Cave (static)

Of course, _* would also fit with *+A on SSS if you go with this.

The ASL Tool supports all GC Buttons for alts, and even crazy things like  L+R+B+A, although that sounds more like a wreck.. X(or y)+A sounds reasonable, though.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:06:04 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1329 on: June 09, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »

Yeah, the new code might be the problem. If I could I would put them all on STGEMBLEM and use a +X, but I doubt I can get it working. (I already have a +X for Battlefield.)

EDIT: New problem using the ASRL code with Castle Siege. After I load it, it makes the code "stick" in its current setting - i.e. if I load it with +L, it thinks +L is held for all subsequent stages. Looks like this is true even if Castle Siege is not listed in the ASRL code.
    With this in mind, maybe I should take Castle Siege out and put a STGCUSTOM25 in that spot? It could be those 3 separate versions I made + the omega stage.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:51:37 PM by libertyernie » Logged

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1330 on: June 10, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »

As I was trying to say, rel-less ports with the ASL Tool's codes would be useful. Mostly to prevent crashes, but also with these kinds of problems.

That said, though, I think it makes sense to set a placeholder for a stage being problematic if it's necessary to use a half-buggy code. Did/does P:M have issues with that, too?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1331 on: June 10, 2016, 06:43:54 PM »

As I was trying to say, rel-less ports with the ASL Tool's codes would be useful. Mostly to prevent crashes, but also with these kinds of problems.

That said, though, I think it makes sense to set a placeholder for a stage being problematic if it's necessary to use a half-buggy code. Did/does P:M have issues with that, too?

No issues in Project M. Maybe they're doing something special to work around it?
    Anyway, here's what I think I'll do:
    STGCUSTOM01 -> Castle Siege static stages
    STGCUSTOM25 -> Online Practice Stage and variants
    STGCUSTOM26 -> Target Smash!! 1, 2, 4, 5

I'd like to use STGCUSTOMs here now that I set them up to have 3 alts each - that way people can easily replace the stages themselves. I decided to skip Target Smash 3 because the launch pad doesn't show up when you use it outside target smash mode.

Post Merge: June 11, 2016, 02:38:13 PM
    Lylat Cruise has the same problem, but I don't have a good replacement version of it. Should I take it out?
    If I did, I'd probably move the online practice stage (STGCUSTOM25, icon 60) to that spot on the SSS, and add an STGCUSTOM27 (reuse Lylat's icon 15?) in the second-to-last row on page 1. Either way, the STGCUSTOMs are a bit out of order. I suppose I'd replace it with ALM5252's Lylat Cruise omega stage (which doesn't look the same as in SSB4 Wii U, but that's all right.)
    Either way, I'm also going to make a version of the pack with the ASRL code taken out (and Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise back in) when I'm done.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:38:13 PM by libertyernie » Logged

rtgleason
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1332 on: June 12, 2016, 06:49:24 AM »

I have a problem with the new Stage expansion pack when I had no problem loading using Riivolution. Whenever I press the buttons required for the alternate stages, they still stayed the same. The Online Practice and Target Smash stages also freeze when I select them on this pack. Can anyone help, please?
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:52:06 AM by rtgleason » Logged

Ryan Gleason reporting for duty!

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1333 on: June 12, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »

The 8.0s version isn't quite done yet, so that might be part of the problem. (The version in the OP doesn't have target smash in it so I think you might be using 8.0s.)
    Note that for the alternate stages, they'll only load if they're on the SD card - keep this in mind if using USB or RiiFS.

rtgleason
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1334 on: June 12, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »

OK. And also when 8.0 is finished, I hope the Alternate Stage Loader code in 8.0 will allow me to use L+A, R+A, Y+A and X+A for all the stages and extra stages in the 8.0 expansion pack, because whenever I put L+A and R+A alternate stage options for stages that are not Final Destination and Battlefield, the R+A alternate stages don't show up, just the L+A ones.

Ryan Gleason reporting for duty!

Pages:  1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92
    Print
    Jump to: