Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Question - Brawl Texture Hacking?  (Read 4135 times)
Zinarei
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:52:54 PM »

I know that this is a pretty generic question, but how exactly does one go about making texture and music hacks from the Brawl iso? Editing the iso at all really. I mean the one topic here mentioned "Revolution Dev kit" but I don't know what that is nor do I know where to download it. I'm just frazzled right now. I wouldnt normally ask for help with this stuff but I wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »

If your goal is inserting textures and music into the ISO, then you want WiiScrubber.

And next time... read the FAQ first.

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »

You don't really need the iso any more for texture hacks (use the SD loader), just the music hacks still require it.

Basically...

To make texture hacks:
    ASH (+TexConv, + NTcompress --- they ARE downloadable in the FAQ... just hidden --- but not very well)
    Texture PACs (also downloadable from the topic)

Music Hacks:
    (Read the FAQ --- specifically the music one by Vyse --- I've never done it)
    Need WiiScrubber to put it back onto the ISO (in above FAQ)
    Need to load the iso somehow (Backup loader or USB Loader, mentioned in FAQ)

Zinarei
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »

I'm sorry for not reading the faq, and yes I've known about the sd method aand I've done it. I just would rather load it through a disk to edit the music and the images. But yes, I understand... Is there any tutorial that may better help me locating all the editable files? Again I'm sorry to have posted this. I've nothing to blaim but forgetfulness. Oh and I hear that to edit you need files from a Dev Kit?

Edit: Yes, I feel like an idiot for not looking. Found most of what I nmeeded. If I could just get a fast description of the dev kit...? I cant find it/I dont know what its for

Double edit: I'm such an idiot >_> I've got what I need x_x Thanks people. Close or delete this topic if you want.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 06:49:56 PM by Zinarei » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: