Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Super noob - Riivolution help  (Read 1080 times)
Iscariot125
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:19 AM »

Hey everybody. I'm incredibly new to the hacking world of... well, anything. I have no Idea what I'm doing with any of this, but I'm usually a quick learner, so I'm following the tutorials on this site and others to figure out how to use Riivolution, but I'm utterly failing at it. I'm trying to start with Captain Falcon's texture hack for Master Chief V2, and I'm utterly failing. If someone could do a ground up walkthru for getting the files in the right place and all the files I need, that would save my life. I already have riivolution, gecko, and HBC, but I'm still utterly failing. None of the walkthroughs really go step-by-step (even the one you have here), I'n I'm becoming incredibly lost. I know that when I figure out how to do one, I can do the rest I want to do, but I just need to get off my feet, so, again, a step-by-step walkthru would be incredibly appreciated, from the instalation of Riivolution to the completion of the mod. Thank you.

TheHatMan
Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:45 AM »

you need to open up the XML file you are using to figure out where the files go

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

Jaklub
Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »

Well, I failed in setting up Riivolution too. But happily, I stumbled upon a Brawl texture pack for it. I took out the xml and everything started working.

So, here's what you should do (instructions written quickly, it's been a while since I've been setting up Riivolution).
    1. Install Riivolution (this one should be easy enough).
    2. Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?662ybji53sjyhvv Sadly, I don't know who made the xml files, so I can't give credit.
    3. Unpack the files and put them into the "riivolution" folder in the root of your SD card.
    4. Put your hacks into the "ssbb" folder in the root of your SD card. They have to be unpacked, btw.
    5. If you want to use codes, put the gct file into the "codes" folder in the root of your SD card.
    6. Run Riivolution.

Should work.
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:32:45 AM by Jaklub » Logged

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: