Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stage rel files?  (Read 2266 times)
Aero
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »

Is there some list that marks which stages can replace others? For example I want another stage to be Onett, which stage can this one go over? A list like that.

Guamboy27
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »

Using hexing, or a certain program, any stage can go over another stage using .rel files. Here's a guide for .rel files: http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files
    If you can't hex, a tutorial for a program can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/WackaAlpaca#p/u/16/wq0rGN7m_Ms
    And the program itself is in the description of the tutorial. .rel files are to be placed here:
    pf -> module
    The program is actually really good unless your making a .rel file for a custom stage. Also, I think hazard damage and water levels can be found within a .rel file if your an experienced hacker.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:23:12 PM by Guamboy27 » Logged

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »

Using hexing, or a certain program, any stage can go over another stage using .rel files. Here's a guide for .rel files: http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files
    If you can't hex, a tutorial for a program can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/WackaAlpaca#p/u/16/wq0rGN7m_Ms
    And the program itself is in the description of the tutorial. .rel files are to be placed here:
    pf -> module
    The program is actually really good unless your making a .rel file for a custom stage. Also, I think hazard damage and water levels can be found within a .rel file if your an experienced hacker.

I already have the program, but I want to know if there's a list to tell if a stage can go over another. When I don't get the right one, my Wii freezes. I almost lost my SD card and SD card reader like that.

Guamboy27
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 08:31:20 PM »

I already have the program, but I want to know if there's a list to tell if a stage can go over another. When I don't get the right one, my Wii freezes. I almost lost my SD card and SD card reader like that.

Hmm... well, try using the wiki link to find the names of .rel files when downloading. If you need to know which stage the stage you have goes over without a .rel file. First of all, you need to know the names of stages. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6.0
    Okay, so generally the stage on the vault will tell what stage it goes over. If it comes with a premade .rel file, and your confused what stage it goes over, open it up in Brawlbox, the name will be the first thing you see.
    Often, lesser liked stages / stages that are hard to hack over will come with .rel files and these methods will have to be used.

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »

Hmm... well, try using the wiki link to find the names of .rel files when downloading. If you need to know which stage the stage you have goes over without a .rel file. First of all, you need to know the names of stages. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6.0
    Okay, so generally the stage on the vault will tell what stage it goes over. If it comes with a premade .rel file, and your confused what stage it goes over, open it up in Brawlbox, the name will be the first thing you see.
    Often, lesser liked stages / stages that are hard to hack over will come with .rel files and these methods will have to be used.

Well I knew this, but I don't really want to assign a customed stage it normally goes over. More like a stage it doesn't actually belong on, or a stage people haven't said it goes over. Some of my stages that I rel'd are on stages it shouldn't go on, or that people haven't said they do replace. I have Lake of Rage over Rumble Falls, but it actually goes on Jungle Japes (and freezes over others). I just wonder what stages can go over other stages that haven't been pointed out when you put a custom stage over that unassigned stage. A list would help, if one exists.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:44:38 PM by Aero » Logged

Guamboy27
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »

Well, with .rel files stages can go over any other stage of course. But without using .rel files, it really depends. Lake of Rage (and other swimming stages for Jungle Japes) can only go on Jungle Japes. Stages that use wind from Green Greens only go over Green Greens. However, some Final Destination stages can go over a lot of other stages without .rel usage. But, no list of this information (that I'm aware of) exists.

Aero
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:56:56 PM »

Well, with .rel files stages can go over any other stage of course. But without using .rel files, it really depends. Lake of Rage (and other swimming stages for Jungle Japes) can only go on Jungle Japes. Stages that use wind from Green Greens only go over Green Greens. However, some Final Destination stages can go over a lot of other stages without .rel usage. But, no list of this information (that I'm aware of) exists.

I didn't not know that. Thanks. So what could stages like Onett Go over? It's like almost neutral cause it has no swimable, climbing, or other things besides cars htting you.

Lethal Blade
    Supreme Kitten

Hi

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 05:55:11 AM »

As Guamboy27 said, it depends on what you modify the rel file to replace. Rel files can replace any stage you want so technically Onett could go over any stage in brawl with a modifyed rel file

Allies: Mario Vontaz, thepika98, Infernape99.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: