Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question! I want to repair my hacked menu 4.2 Wii.  (Read 2633 times)
Amy
Mega Kitten

The Night Butterfly

View Profile Awards
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »

So, my Wii doesn't read disks. It stopped reading Wii disks sometime when I was playing Brawl. Only Wii games wouldn't work. I was also told that it messing up might be something related to Brawl. I'd like to know what that's about.

I was informed from other hackers that the laser disk drive or something needed to be replaced. I was wondering what would happen if I sent it to Nintendo. Again, I was informed by hackers that one of two things would happen.

1) They would format it and update it to 4.3, eliminating my hacks.
2) They would send it back unrepaired and tell me to get a new one.

Nobody said anything about legal issues and pressing charges?

Anyway, I'd like any feedback from that being said. Should I send it in?

Another question: I've heard updating to 4.3 removes the hacks. So...if I were to update to 4.3 and send it in, would that remove traces of hacks, preventing them from saying "we will not repair a hacked Wii. Buy a new one?"

Oh, and my hacks being removed is NOT an issue for me. I expect them to be gone and I will not hack it again. I use my hacks on somebody else's hacked Wii.

mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

If your Wii is hacked, professionals will NOT repair it at all.

Miniova
    Extreme Kitten

Real life strikes again!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

If your Wii is hacked, professionals will NOT repair it at all.
    Not true...  there is one possible way to do it, but if you do it, note that you won't be able to play backup's from the disc drive anymore.  They replace it with the newer drive that makes it not possible to read dvd's.

What you have to do is brick your wii to the point where it has the black screen that comes up upon booting the wii.  If you wanna know if you have it right, look up savemiifrii and try to bring up the recovery menu.  If you can't bring it up then nintendo won't be able to detect your hacks.

I did this about a year ago though... so I don't know the status on if they can detect it now, so don't take my word for it.  You could just start playing your games from a usb loader.

People if you have anything you need to ask me(especially the katana ness thing) please talk to me over AIM. I'll be more than happy.  AIM is Gradybryson1993

Amy
    Mega Kitten

The Night Butterfly

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

Well, I don't know anything regarding the usb loader, I'm not really interested in it. Bricking my Wii sounds a bit risky and more trouble than what its worth.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

Well, I don't know anything regarding the usb loader, I'm not really interested in it. Bricking my Wii sounds a bit risky and more trouble than what its worth.

Using a USB Loader program is the least risky choice, though you'd still need your DVD drive in order to install ISOs.

Amy
    Mega Kitten

The Night Butterfly

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

Maybe. I think, if I do send it in, all they will do is just send it back without repairing it, right? If that happens, well then I might as well try USB loader.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »

Maybe. I think, if I do send it in, all they will do is just send it back without repairing it, right? If that happens, well then I might as well try USB loader.

There are a decent number of USB Loaders to use, but WiiFlow has been the most efficient on my end.

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:52:13 PM »

If you DO send it in if they upgrade your wii to version 4.3 it does remove homebrew BUT you can bring it up again with stacksmash  but you have to remove all of your stages that you made with stagebuilder

and if they return it unfixed then you do the last resort usbloader to load brawl
    sorry that i'm not much help with this but i gave you all i know. Smiley

-

Amy
    Mega Kitten

The Night Butterfly

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Smiley If anybody has any additional info or anything, I'd appreciate it. Smiley

So, it sounds what I should do is (because I don't care if I keep hacks, or not) just update it 4.3 and send it in, and if they return it unrepaired, then just use a USB loader. So, any cautions as to doing this?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 06:45:09 AM »

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Smiley If anybody has any additional info or anything, I'd appreciate it. Smiley

So, it sounds what I should do is (because I don't care if I keep hacks, or not) just update it 4.3 and send it in, and if they return it unrepaired, then just use a USB loader. So, any cautions as to doing this?

Let's just say that I did exactly what you're planning on doing (though my Wii's System Menu is already at 4.3), and it ended with my Wii not getting repaired; using Homebrew affects the coding on your Wii, which Nintendo will not do anything to repair it.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: