Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: what should i do next?  percent is how easy it should be to do
Professor Oak on PT (85%) - 11 (34.4%)
Poppy Bros Jr on TL (80%) - 1 (3.1%)
Regulus (from Bomberman) on TL (75%) - 1 (3.1%)
Mr Krabbs on Dedede (75%) - 5 (15.6%)
Tails on Fox (70%) - 7 (21.9%)
Eggplant Wizard on Dedede (70%) - 0 (0%)
Leafeon/other Eeveelutions on Ivysaur (65%) - 5 (15.6%)
Klungo on DK (60%) - 0 (0%)
Axem Rangers (from Super Mario RPG) on ? - 70% - 50%, depends on base character - 1 (3.1%)
a different Pokemon (i have a separate list for them) - 1 (3.1%)
do my suggestion!  (post what it is.  i may or may not be interested) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: Snoopy's Stuff - 10-20 Samurai Jack is released  (Read 40340 times)
Snoopy
Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 08, 2011, 12:07:25 AM »

To Do List (in no certain order):

Max (from Bomberman) on TL
    updates to my first few vertexes (Bomberman and Adeline)

Previews

Bomberman V2

the main thing to notice is the head is much less square.  that was the main thing i wanted to fix in the V2, along with the texture, which isn't completed.

Releases

Samurai Jack

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23346

wifi safe.  i edited all the faces, so he doesn't have just one static face.  i didn't edit the sword handle, because it exploded worse with each patch i did.  i even tried hand hexing the vertices into place, but still nothing. 

GIR

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22550

so after a few exporting issues, and finally getting over my laziness of putting it off, GIR is finally released.  has 2 versions, regular GIR and serious GIR.

i would have included pigs over the Pikmin, but the game lagged every time i tried replacing them.  so GIR has just regular Pikmin.  and don't mind the legs so much, there was some major polygon stretching if i renamed the leg bones.  on the positive side, GIR should actually be wifi safe, since i didn't do any bone edits.

Munna

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22161

Munna is made from Ness's backpack.  not too sure where i got the idea from, but i liked it.  normals are nulled because it looked pretty bad otherwise.

Hitmonchan

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20136

i figured that having him just be on Little Mac may not please everyone, so i did a quick port to put him on Sheik as well so you can actually play with him, since it’s been done for a few other Little Mac vertexes before. it is a bit glitchy, but it is a one slot swap. both are included in the download.

Dual release, Dexter and Snoopy

Snoopy
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18520

Dexter
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18521

i had planned to vertex the Pikmin as well, but DasDonkeyBox kept giving me an error when trying to do so, so i figured i'd make 2 versions of each instead.  Joe Cool's glasses move around a little bit, but that's because of how i made the glasses.  for Dexter and Joe Cool both, i made the glasses out of Olimar's eyes, so i had to hex the eye bones to a different index so that the glasses would always be showing.  the problem is that i couldn't find a good bone to use so the glasses would sit still, but i found one that Dexter could use, but Joe Cool couldn't (the bone that attaches to Olimar's bag, since i used the bag as Snoopy's back spot).

V2 of Snoopy includes the Flying Ace and Woodstocks vertexed from the Yellow Pikmin on all the Pikmin in all 3 of the Snoopy files.

Animal Crosser v2

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17780

the Animal Crosser!  now 75% more generic-ness!  modeled after the Gamecube version, so he has the viking helmet on.

Bomberman

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17369

tired of not having a good Bomberman vertex on TL, i decided to make my own.
    has renamed bones, so it will desync wifi.  

Adeline

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17370

Adeline has been on a few people's to-do lists, but never gets done.  so i got tired of waiting, and made her myself.  i wish i could actually texture decently, because the face still seems a bit Toon Link-ish to me.  but i've worked on her long enough, and want to move on.  i'll probably update her later, but she's good for now.
    has renamed bones, so it will desync wifi.

so enjoy, and expect more to come.  i'll try to keep my vertexes wifi safe, because i know a lot of people play on wifi.  i don't (lack of a usable wireless connection), so i don't care, but i'll try to avoid bone edits.  i'm obviously not doing a good job so far...

oh, and check my Vault for other stuff i've done (it's not much, and it's all old, but it's still good in my opinion).
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:01:48 PM by Snoopy » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »

So the "Model Swap Master and Pot King" has returned with vertexes!  Bomberman looks freakin awesome.  I love his head.  It's so square Awesome Face

Though I think the texture could be a little less "flat".  Just a minor criticism.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »

Bomberman are epic.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »

wow i never expected you to vertex, and your pretty good at it. i downloaded both bomberman and adeline. Wink

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »

wow i never expected you to vertex, and your pretty good at it.

Yes. That's the best version of Bomberman I've seen.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »

wow i never expected you to vertex, and your pretty good at it.

Yes. That's the best version of Bomberman I've seen.
    Definitely. I love that it's finally on Toon Link.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:43 PM »

thanks guys, good to see you like them.  i didn't realize how easy vertexing can be, most people make it sound rather hard, but it's not.  now if only i could say the same for texturing...

but here's the next vertex i'm making

since i gave up on using his model to make a full character out of (too glitchy and i couldn't make the tools work right), i decided it would be easier to make a vertex of the Animal Crosser.

after i'm done with him, i'll probably make a poll or something for what i do next.  i have a lot of ideas, just not sure which to do first.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »

Good!

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »

Animal Crosser is out!  it doesn't look as good as i was hoping, but i couldn't move Ness's mouth without it freaking out at me, but other than that (and maybe the head being a bit rounder), i think it's pretty good.  and yes, the bat is the shovel.  he was also going to have regular hair, but the shading on the hat was being stupid, so i just left it as a hat.  and i was also going to make the bat into the net, the fishing rod, and the axe, but i got a bit lazy/busy, so the shovel is all i did.  and since it is the Animal Crosser, it's fine with me if you edit it, and i almost expect some retextures (just because mine isn't the best), but if you put it in the Vault, at least just credit me.

as for the poll, i'll be doing them all anyways, but i'd like to know which one i should do first.  as for how i got the ideas, this is how. 
    one popular but never could work model swap was Kat and Ana over the ICers, so i'd think it's be a good one to do. 
    for Poppy Bros Jr on TL, almost all the same reasons as making TL into Bomberman, right proportions, infinite bombs, but this time i wouldn't have to edit the hat, which would be nice.
    with Dexter on Olimar (yes, Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory, the old cartoon show), i'm not entirely sure how i got the idea, but i got thinking about it, and the proportion size is about right, but then what sold me was the thought to make the Pikmin into robots.
    Leafeon on Ivysaur, and/or other Eeveelutions, i picked Leafeon first not only because of the correct proportions, but also because of the type matching.  but i say and/or the others because they're all about the same, and once i get a decent base, i could rather quickly make them all (or so i assume right now, i haven't looked at Ivy's verts yet).
    about Professor Oak on the Poke Trainer, it's about time he shows these kids how to win with Pokemon.
    and Hitmonchan on Little Mac, another failed model swap attempt that i would think is still wanted.

so if you actually read all that, take a cookie and a drink.  but you can see kinda what i look for in a potential vertex candidate.  i look for correct proportions first, then a possible moveset match.  i realize that moves can be changed to match a model, but if it doesn't have to be done, that's all the more reason to do it my way.  like Leafeon and Hitmonchan, correct proportions and matching moveset, it's just that much better and convincing that it should have been that way to begin with.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »

Nice work on the Animal Crossing Boy Wink  I voted for Dexter just to see the little robots.  I think they should all be different colours and sizes though, to correspond with each Pikmin.

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Hey! Listen! Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

I never ask for much, and whenever I do, it's not for much, so..... I DEMAND FOR EEVEE ON IVYSAUR!!!!

If you'd be so kind. I kid, I kid. But eevee on Ivysaur would be nice...

Roy
    Newbie Kitten

Roy Is Our Boy!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »

Your aswome

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »

The Animal Crossing Boy is amazing. The hands look a little weird but I guess there's nothing you can do about that.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 09:35:38 PM »

thanks guys, i'm glad it worked out as well as it did, even with some of the textures having to be resized a lot (the shirt mainly, it went from a 32x32 to about 100x100).  i'm slowly re-discovering my photoshopping skills, because the hat not only has the 3 main colors (orange, blue, lighter orange), but also has others as well, thus making it not as flat texture wise.  now if i could say the same for the shorts...  and the Animal Crossers hands are a little weird looking probably because of the way i made them, i just shrunk all the fingers down and made that the end.  i think that's why, but the shading is a bit weird because of it.  i did the same thing with Bomberman, but i (accidentally) found out that TL doesn't have arms beneath his sleeves, so i just rotated the hands by 180 degrees, and put the shrunken end into the sleeve.

anyways, when i do Dexter (depending on what the poll says), i'll do like SDoom said, and do different colors and sizes of robots so you'll know which Pikmin you're using.  

and Adiron, don't worry, Eevee will be included with the Eeveelutions.  

as for the poll, i forgot to mention, it'll close in about a week.  i'll work on some of my other unfinished stuff between now and then.  and like i said, i'm going to do everything in the poll, it's just that this will help decide the order they are worked on.  maybe after i make a few, i'll put in some other options in.  i have a small list labeled 'possibilities', as in they could work, but i'm not too confident they would.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:37:05 PM by snoopy » Logged

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »

alright, poll is closed.  i'll be doing Dexter first, then Kat and Ana, then Leafeon and the other Eeveelutions.  i can already see how Dexter will work out vertex wise, and if it goes as i see it, it will be awesome.  but one question, should i keep the backpack, or not?  i'm thinking not, but i'm not sure.

and sorry for not saying anything earlier, but i stayed off the internet for April Fools day, and i was gone for the weekend.  and the poll was tied between Dexter and Kat and Ana, so i let it go a little longer.

but i kept myself busy while the poll was going.

yes, it's Snoopy from the old Peanuts comics.  and yes, that's where my screen name came from.  and also yes, he's on Olimar.  and also yes again,  i'll be making the Pikmin into Woodstocks.  i'll work on Dexter now, but i'll work a bit on Snoopy as well, and hopefully have them both out soonish, possibly a duel release.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 9
    Print
    Jump to: