Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1812366 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6030 on: October 16, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »

It's a 6th Gen Pokemon with a unique ability. When it attacks, it goes into Blade Form. When it uses its Signature Move, King's Shield, it goes back into Shield Form.

My only issue so far is figuring out how to quickly transition from Shield to Blade in the animations without the Shield clipping. So this project may take a while to get going.

I'm still working on Wisp, so don't worry.

Edit: The following user has been removed from the Wisp Tester Build.
    Alejandro MiddleCorn. Reason: Has taken too long.

I will now send the most recent stuff to the current testers..

The reason is that I'm too busy to test it. But I forgot to tell you.
    Sorry for making you wait so much.

Just... school problems.  Undecided

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6031 on: October 16, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »

Well, you should have mentioned that earlier.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6032 on: October 16, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »

Well, you should have mentioned that earlier.

I wasn't able to even touch the computer. And yesterday, when I could, I forgot.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6033 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

Yes, I'm using the X/Y boneset for Aegislash. With added bones to make it work in Brawl.
    If you don't mind my asking, how'd you get the bones into BB?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6034 on: October 16, 2014, 08:14:10 PM »

You must make sure the bones do not have spaces in their names.

Also, do this to resize your model, so it's not so big.

Quote from: mustan9
    1.) Save your project.
    2.) Delete everything else in your scene except your rigged character.
    3.) From the menu select "Customize / Units Setup.."
    4.) Click "System Unit Setup"
    5.) Under the system unit scale change the "1.0" to "1.5"
    6.) Save your rigged character to a new project called "temp.max"
    7.) Change your system units setup back to "1.0"
    8.) Open your first project with everything in it.
    9.) Delete the rigged character.
    10.) From the menu select "File / Merge..."
    11.) Open the "temp.max"

Though since you're making the model smaller when doing step 5, make the number smaller than 1.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

JesucristoCROW
    Mega Kitten

Are you speaking to La Bello?

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6035 on: October 17, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »

I never saw your hacks KJP, i tried the Charizard and Ganondorf, they're very good, in fact i will stay with Ganondorf because of the sword >Cheesy mwahaha

Therenover
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6036 on: October 17, 2014, 06:40:15 PM »

It is finally here; my not so perfect analysis of the current WISP.

So i'm going to go bit by bit on this one.

But before i go into the moves, i am going to point out the biggest FLAW that wisp has.
    that flaw is Telegraphing, most of you might not see this as a problem, but i do. Most of the Brawl fighters are fleshy or have limbs or a way to tell you how they are going to punch/kick/shoot/hit you in some way. Wisp has always had this problem, it floats there ever ominous just glowing its evil colours and then.... KABOOOM! it hits you with something completely unexpected. Hilariously  fun if you are using it. completely rage inducing  if you are a poor victim.
    My only suggestion on this matter is make it somehow telegraph the moves. either by flashing or have a row of lights/elements line up. Without it, it was a horrible one week long Learning curve to learn. and that curve was predicting the unpredictable. needless to say, it taught me how to be more annoying to my players, but Wisp V1, and V2 are great for telepathic conditioning.

Running Speed:  The older V1 was slower, and V2 is slightly faster; it is somewhat noticeble. but the speed is fine i see no problems with the current speed. originally Wisp felt slow for an incorporeal elemental being.

Weight: She weight a lot less now , and is easier to knock out, which is a double edged sword. With her extreme aerial mobility throwing her into the air with all of her midair jumps is a risky move on both players parts. but this is fine, it alone is an interesting gamble.

Jab: I see no problem with the jab, albeitly i think it should push back a smidge more, it's easy to jab lock with it if you know what you are doing.

Side Tilt: It's good move, though the knockback could be a few points less. but it is extremely minor.

Up Tilt: This is a very strong move, of course it's easier now to get out of, and slightly more situational than V1. the damage is fine and so is the knockback. doesn't need changing.

Down Tilt: Works as it should, although i noticed it causes a small bit of lag when there ar 4 wisps on the screen. needs no chaning.

Dash Attack: This move feels tricky, because i don't feel like i'm dashing. i know i am, but the feeling of a dash move isn't there. might be the lack of telegraphing, it works as it should. it feels akward.

Side Smash: This move's only problem is the telegraphing, it's pretty strong at full power, as most smashes are, It's pretty cool to look at, and i noticed that it has an ability to angle (as mentioned in the readme) So with the unpredictable element involved on WISP i was able to completely decimate them with this move. heck because of the Telegraphing advantage i was able to use this move 60% of most of my fights because of how rewarding it is to use it. Good damage and decent knockback, like a good smash should be. the only necessary was mentioned above.

Up Smash: This move, similar to the Side Smash is pretty much the same. It does exactly what you want it to do as a move, looks good on the GFX, and it does what it should. but again, telegraphing.

Down Smash: This move was rarely used, but when i did, it was to ledge guard worse than a lvl 16 CPU. it's perfect for this task. if misused seems broken. but with more testing, the move is pretty balanced on regular non ledge stages and is pretty good at keeping people off of your butt.

Aerial attacks/ All angles: For the sake of laziness and lack of actual combat data, i'm going to lump them. In really short. because of wisps amazing aerial mobility/agility/domination, these moves are easy to chain into a flying opponent and you can keep them up there with you. These work too well in tandem. and they seem to do a lot of damage in fire mode. (more on fire mode later) pretty obesely powered if you can use it well. which isn't hard with the floatiness and extra jumps.

Nuetral Special:This move i don't use much, and when i did. it was in fire mode. But the standard version has a starry explosion that now has as sweet spot. the sweet spot rather than doing extra damage puts a flower on your opponents head. This move isn't as rewarding as the V1, but V2 feels more rewarding due to this mechanic. Although i think it needs more tweaking, not on the move but the GFX. it is confusing because it seems that it has more range but it doesn't. i think this should be fixed.

Side Special: Okay one of my favorite Specials because this one (as explained in the readme) as you do more damage and connect damage the more it charges to make a stronger attack. but the more you get hit the less the charge gets making it more difficult to get your strongers attack out of it. This move i really like, it encourages you to be extremely offensive, and the lack of Wisp's ranged moves to keep your opponent away, you only have that option left.
        The move, as you go on, has a farther and stronger variant of itself. so the way it has been coded and  is earned is perfect, i wouldn't change this one bit! it's an ever eternal tug o' war between you and your opponents. it is even more interesting when your opponenets know this gimmick and they fight even harder, and you have to try harder, so the fights are really, REALLY, interesting.

Up Special:This move, in particular in the V1 was pointless, you have a tornado that you keep your opponents in the air yay? In V2 you can move left and right Hooray?. i don't mean to sound cruel or mean, but this move is pretty bland and pointless.

Up Special PK:I like this version, not sure what element it was tied to, but it is much better than the tornado of insecurity and pushiness. You have a PK electric ball you can controll in any direction you want for a short period of time. You are invincible while you are in it, and it hurts those around it. pretty good move, my only complaint is that if you are ontop of the ground and you get out of it, the End lag is too punishing.

Down Special: This is one of the few moves that does Telegraph and is fine because of that. but the V1 was slower and was stuck you in place when you used it. but that was fixed in V2 by giving it a speed boost and a penalized version of it if used too early. i like this move, and doesn't need to be changed.
    *note
    This move is pretty good at gimping someone who is charging an attack. Like Samus, charging your N-B use Down-B. let go immedietely, you just shunted her. i like this part about it, but i think it should be done around the second time it has a charge. not the first.

Down Special Air: This move wasn't changed, but i don't like it too much, it puts you to the ground faster, i think it should be a move that teleports you to the ground instantaneously to make it a wee-bit different. It's an idea, you don't have to use it.

Fire mode
    I want to keep this short. Basically it has a few different moves that make it more variable and take advantage of Wisp's alternating "costumes" or elemental like effects. And i'm going to be biased because i love these types of movesets where you can use a taunt, or a combination of buttons to get a new form/attacks. but Pyro Wisp has its share of problems

I mentioned the aerials on Fire Wisp makes it pretty dominant. not sure if there are fire versions for the aerial attacks, but i noticed that when i do hit someone with the fire moves it does more damage.

Standard Special Fire:This move is pretty butt-hurt-inducing. it's pretty strong to use but has Pichu syndrome and hurts itself upon use. this move is pretty decent and because of the exreme pay-off needs no balancing. but if i may have some input and an idea. You can use it immedietely and it'll do damage as it should, but it could be like the Side special but in reverse. the more damage you take, the stronger it gets, but the more damage you do, the weaker it gets. This way it acts as a "BACK OFF" move.

Up Special Fire:This move, is so OP, where do i begin? In short, This move is like Fox-Fire without Endlag and it explodes at the end. I am able to play monkey in the middle with one monkey with this move. Of course it doesn't do much damage, but the knockback is pretty annoying. All in all this move needs help. in many ways, i had to stop using it because it was annoying all my friends.

Final Smashes? I see what you did there ...
    In short, the Fire wisp's Final smash is more balanced, the Vanilla one is just a Super Nova that is decimating. but who cares, it is a final smash.
    Holy mother of text -___-
    do you want me make my review longer this time? I apologize if they've been too short

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6037 on: October 17, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »

do you want me make my review longer this time? I apologize if they've been too short
    Don't be pressured because of my review. This is how i review, everyone does things differently. i just do things differently. I don't think he'll care about he size of the review, more or less what the review covers. EG what is good, too good, bad, needs help, etc.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6038 on: October 20, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »

Im still around , review will be up doon.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6039 on: October 20, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »

So I don't run into any issues with testers again in the future, if I'm accepting testers for a project, please state if you're in school/college or not when applying to be a tester. I'm quite an understanding person, though I can be rather harsh sometimes.

I never saw your hacks KJP, i tried the Charizard and Ganondorf, they're very good, in fact i will stay with Ganondorf because of the sword >Cheesy mwahaha
    Thanks. I do plan on revamping my Ganondorf eventually.

If you want to give detailed explanations of your thoughts, then feel free to do so. As long as you're giving coherent feedback, a good paragraph or two might be good enough. Unless you have more than one thought on more than one move. It's kinda why I don't accept very many testers as some people tend to not be very detailed in their thoughts. It's also why I booted Alejandro from the tester list.

Don't be pressured because of my review. This is how i review, everyone does things differently. i just do things differently. I don't think he'll care about he size of the review, more or less what the review covers. EG what is good, too good, bad, needs help, etc.
    This is also agreeable. Quality over quantity.

Im still around , review will be up doon.
    Alright.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6040 on: October 20, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »

I won't offer to be your tester anymore. I'm too busy with my own projects and catching up in one of my classes. I did a pretty crappy job on Charizard and I don't wanna let ya down again.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6041 on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »

doon.
    *soon
    And from this day forth I shall stop writing without the aid of autocorrect.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6042 on: October 20, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »

Okay, while the site was down, i've been testing. i've given my self two more days for a comparison review. I'll have a human tester whos good at giving me feedback as well. This is usually why mine take so long, it is only because I use humans as my play testers moreso than advanced AI. A person will tell me what is the problem, and then i go into said problem. Computers have no problem predicting Telegraphing, but my players, do. either way, expect an up to date review soon.

I won't offer to be your tester anymore. I'm too busy with my own projects and catching up in one of my classes. I did a pretty crappy job on Charizard and I don't wanna let ya down again.
    Well i hope you are successful in school my friend. I wish i could go into college, but i barely escaped Highschool with an actual Diploma. not the discussion for here, but the the I.Q tests ever since elementary school give me a 42 so I cannot apply for a lot of the jobs i've wanted. But, not the place for this crappity crap, Do a good job, if you are good at PSA, then you cans do school just as good.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6043 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »

That's fine. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

*soon
    And from this day forth I shall stop writing without the aid of autocorrect.
    ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Okay, while the site was down, i've been testing. i've given my self two more days for a comparison review. I'll have a human tester whos good at giving me feedback as well. This is usually why mine take so long, it is only because I use humans as my play testers moreso than advanced AI. A person will tell me what is the problem, and then i go into said problem. Computers have no problem predicting Telegraphing, but my players, do. either way, expect an up to date review soon.
    That's alright by me. Though would you like the most recent build? I've added some more things since then. Same goes for Scout and Therenover.

-Command Grab for Darkness Wisp Down Special that heals and adds Variable to Side Special. Victims can break out by mashing, A, B, Z, L, R, or the C Stick. Though mashing becomes more difficult the more damage the victim has.
    -Ice Wisp's Counter starts sooner, and the attack traps more efficiently.
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:31:17 PM by KingOfDreamland » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6044 on: October 20, 2014, 03:30:25 PM »

Oh please send us the newer version, this way i don't have to do two reviews for one thing.

Though with a bit of fair warning, i'm not too keen on the healing move. so i'll try and leave my bias out of this one.

Pages:  1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: