Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1808685 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5385 on: May 18, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »

So, a headbutt like attack instead of the tail attack?
    I'm fine with that. Cheesy

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5386 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »

Lookin good on the animations.

For the raptor,

My only nitpicks are that everything moves back to idle at the same time (foot lifts up, hands start counter rotating, head comes back all at the same time). It's fine when it's a wip, but for polish, it'd help with flow for things to overlap and follow through instead of everything moving from A to B at the same rate/time throughout.

Also at the start of the lunge, I feel like his right leg should come up a bit, body lean back a little more, then push off with the grounded leg.  When he comes back, his body/head should come back first, then the foot shoot be be delayed and pulled back at some point.  

An even smaller nitpick would be that the hands seem to start rotating back when he comes back.  Instead, it should follow through with it's initial rotation and be dragged back like a rope/cloth/(w/e works for your imagination) object being pulled.

Again, it looks pretty good.
    Thanks.

Is this any better?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5387 on: May 18, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »

I think the right leg should remain extended a bit longer than the rest of his body.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5388 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »

ehh actually you took a wrong step back.  Along with what Gravity said, the head arc is broken now (the old one was better).  Also don't forget about letting the hands continue to follow through with it's rotation. 

I dunno about this one, but maybe have the a tail whip faster, more in sync at the beginning with the lunge? -with follow through ofc.

zutox
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Donator Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5389 on: May 18, 2014, 04:32:32 PM »

Take a look at the last animation for raptor. He ends up standing on one leg for a moment, pushing his entire body weight backwards on the leg that is already behind his center of gravity.
    I really like that he moves his leg forward with that bite, but that leg is also the last thing he should pull back, simply because it's that leg he supports himself on when pushing himself back Smiley

You Never Know!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5390 on: May 18, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »

I think the right leg should remain extended a bit longer than the rest of his body.
    ehh actually you took a wrong step back.  Along with what Gravity said, the head arc is broken now (the old one was better).  Also don't forget about letting the hands continue to follow through with it's rotation. 

I dunno about this one, but maybe have the a tail whip faster, more in sync at the beginning with the lunge? -with follow through ofc.
    Take a look at the last animation for raptor. He ends up standing on one leg for a moment, pushing his entire body weight backwards on the leg that is already behind his center of gravity.
    I really like that he moves his leg forward with that bite, but that leg is also the last thing he should pull back, simply because it's that leg he supports himself on when pushing himself back Smiley
    Is this better? I see what you did there ...

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5391 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »

Yeahp, buut how about having the front foot slide a bit (instead of a complete halt)  after the lunge and drag on the ground back to idle instead of picking it up all the way (or a mix of this).  His front knee sorta extends too far and looks off. 

Everything else looks better now.  Hand motions are looking good too.

....nope nope...Maybe have the jaw close at the same moment or a moment after he lunges completely.  With a lunge like that, you kinda expect his jaw to snap close ykno?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5392 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34:20 PM »

Yeahp, buut how about having the front foot slide a bit (instead of a complete halt)  after the lunge and drag on the ground back to idle instead of picking it up all the way (or a mix of this).  His front knee sorta extends too far and looks off. 

Everything else looks better now.  Hand motions are looking good too.

....nope nope...Maybe have the jaw close at the same moment or a moment after he lunges completely.  With a lunge like that, you kinda expect his jaw to snap close ykno?
    How's this?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5393 on: May 18, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »

mhm I think it looks a whole lot better now. The only thing that catches my eye is that the front foot should ease back into idle instead of abruptly moving and stopping.  But that's such a small detail that I wouldn't really worry about it too much.  I doubt anyone would even notice in game.  By this point, I think it looks pretty solid.  I don't got much else to say.
    « Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:54:42 PM by TheShyGuy » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5394 on: May 18, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »

mhm I think it looks a whole lot better now. The only thing that catches my eye is that the front foot should ease back into idle instead of abruptly moving.  But that's such a small detail that I wouldn't really worry about it too much.  I doubt anyone would even notice in game.  By this point, I think it looks pretty solid.  I don't got much else to say.
    That's a relief.

Thanks for the pointers, everyone. \o0o/

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5395 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

Based on the poll, I have nerfed Smokescreen by making it run on a timer and reducing the knockback.

I have updated the poll once again. This may be my final poll in terms for Solo Charizard.

As for the public release, I'd like to make it sometime before July of this year. All that's left is to complete Standard Charizard's Final Smash (waiting for TheShyGuy), make Mega Charizard Y recolors [I was wanting Nano to do these, but I don't want to put too much work on him (since he has school and his own projects to tend to), so I'll attempt them myself], and to get him working over Link for those who don't want to use BrawlEx (Carnage provided me with the needed files and codes).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5396 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »

Sorry, Brawl Minus has had me busy which is kind of strange considering I thought I wouldn't be. I know it's been like a week, but I'm finally gonna get to trying this out.

Post Merge: May 21, 2014, 03:05:37 AM
    Aw man... this much feedback is ridiculous. Time for some spoilers.

Regular Charizard

Suggestions-
    1. His side tilt should be Fire fang. It goes well with tilts as he could lunge in and snap either high, medium or low.

2. His jumping should NOT be nearly as powerful as it is. Seeing that he gets multiple, it shouldn't even kill. I think set kb would work well for it, as a gtfo kind of move. It's currently better than his Uair which makes a statement of being pointless if it keeps this function.

Honestly, I feel that these KO percents are very close to what Y form should have but with a few differences.

Down Smash- 133ish
    Flare Blitz- 80/90 (both main killboxes)

Current Kill Percents
    Jump- 58 (vert hitbox) 80 (diagonal hitbox)

Up Tilt- 126 (Sweetspot) 141 (sourspot)
    Down Tilt- 125 (Sweetspot) 134 (Sourspot/flame hitbox)

Side Smash- 75
    Up Smash- 96
    Down Smash- 146

Nair- 111
    Fair- 100 (sweetspot)
    Bair- 103 (sweetspot)
    Uair- 116
    Dair 107

Up Throw- 102

Flare Blitz- 69 (sweetspot) 80 (Closest hit)

X Charizard

In terms of Balance... He's way too powerful. His damage output is fine, but if he isn't supposed to rely on knockback, then his growth needs some serious nerfs. I imagine he isn't supposed to be very combo heavy, and if that's the case then he'll be fine with less growth.

Suggestions-

1. Dragon Claw animation could be looped to play twice? So 4 slashes as opposed to 2. It would at least seem like a combo if he did more slices and would feel much more intimidating to see him cover more distance as well.

2. Down B moves- It seems weird that the ground focused Zard would have fly and glide.

3. As a power type, his jab combo should deal a little more damage on the last hit. I'd say just add 2 or 3% more.

4. His up and down tilts should deal about 2 more damage. So that it can kill on par with the Y version after he gets his growth nerfs.

5. Powerwise, his attacks should be scaled with regular Charizard. I would suggest 3% more damage on last jab and dash attack, 3% stronger tilts, 3-4% stronger aerials, and 4-5% stronger smashes and throws. Doing so would allow him to keep the same knockback values as damage directly relates to how far the opponent is sent. This would be a large enough boost in itself though not as much as Y Charizard gets in terms of KB.

Current Kill Percents

Dash Attack- 88

Up Tilt- 62 (sweetspot) 74 (Sourspot)
    Down Tilt- 64 (sweetspot) 70 (Sourspot/firebox)

Side Smash- 25
    Up Smash- 40
    Down Smash- 79

Nair- 55
    Fair- 47 (Sweetspot)
    Bair- 54 (Sweetspot)
    Uair- 61 (sweetspot)
    Dair- 52 (SPIKES shouldn't kill off the top from 50!)

Front Throw- 112
    Up Throw- 34

Dragon Claw- 63 (both hits connect/ sakurai angle on second, no charge) 30 (both hits connect/ sakurai angle on second, full charge)

Flare Blitz- 25 (sweetspot) 32 (closest hit)

Fire Spin- 69 (initial hit) 50 Vert (sweetspot)

Final- Killing from 0. Dealing 100 Dmg.

Y Charizard

In terms of Balance... even for someone relying on KB he is TOO strong. This is like Marth tipping all day with damage ratio 2.0

Suggestions-

1. Heat Wave needs to be toned down in damage. If he's supposed to focus on knockback he should have no uncharged moves dealing over 20%. This move currently does 28. Lower the initial hitbox damage between 8 and 12%.

2. I would say 1% more damage on last jab and dash attack, 1% stronger tilts, 1-2% stronger aerials, and 1-2% stronger smashes and throws. On top of that damage add around 10-20 growth to those attacks. This makes him a bit stronger than normal Charizard and allows him to kill a good percent eariler. But he won't get his opponent to kill percent as quickly as the X version will.

Current Kill Percents

Dash Attack- 88

Up Tilt- 62 (sweetspot) 74 (sourspot)
    Down Tilt- 64 (sweetspot) 70 (Sourspot/firebox)

Side Smash- 33
    Up Smash- 40
    Down Smash- 79

Nair- 60 (sweetspot)
    Fair- 51 (sweetspot)
    Bair- 59 (sweetspot)
    Uair- 68 (sweetspot)
    Dair- 55 (SPIKES shouldn't kill off the top from 50!)

Front Throw- 87
    Up Throw- 20

Fire Blast- 117 (Sweetspot)
    Heat Wave- 55 (sweetspot)

Final- Killing from 0. Dealing 128 Dmg.

Bugs or Exploitable Terrors
    Fire Blast-
    1- If you aim at the floor you can spam this move. Not too useful but it can knock someone off the ledge if you use it at the right spot.

2- The entire GFX doesn't hit. Seems to only hit with the center.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:07:20 AM by Kienamaru » Logged

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5397 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »

The jumping is not supposed to do damage. That issue is due to not using the correct FighterXX.dat because I put Mega Charizard X's Up Special Animations for the normal Aerial Jump Sub Actions.

I really need to get the Link version working, because I'm tired of that same complaint. Your thoughts will likely change after the issue is fixed.

I'll send all the testers another updated version after I get everything fixed up for the Link version.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5398 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »

I finally got around to testing him today.

-The jump does damage, which I'm fine with, but it does too much knockback. I know you are working on fixing this, but I kinda like it.
    -Zard X is basically just a punching bag in the air, but I assume you did that to balance his ground game out. Kinda like Zelda.
    -Flare Blitz is a tad too strong. I'd say if you keep it this trong, add a bit more recoil damage.

That's really the only problems I saw with it. This is a very nice moveset that plays nicely and is fun to use. Nice job, KJP.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5399 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »

kjp read my second pm instead of the first since i skipped a 0 in the code and its a 17 liner code.

Pages:  1 ... 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: