Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 9 (21.4%)
Blue. - 8 (19%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.9%)
Green. - 8 (19%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.8%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages:  1 ... 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1795272 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6630 on: August 02, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »

Hey, hey, it's time for another update!

In the meantime of the downtime, I made a very simple cosmetic mod, which was requested by Choice Scarf.
    The said mod gives Pikachu a metallic effect for its Up Smash, alongside an additional moveset edit to give the attack an on-hit metal SFX.

Download Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212553

I also have another Deoxys model update from jaystring. The newest entry is Defense Form, alongside tweaks to Normal and Attack Forms.

Normal:

Attack:

Defense:

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6631 on: January 16, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »

Did I just let my thread die for 5 months? Unacceptable.

I unfortunately don't have much to show, but this isn't really a post to show things, but just an update for the general state of things.

It's been too long since I've worked with Brawl outside of personal edits and helping people, but I really want that to change. I'm going to list my process of making a moveset in hopes you'll all understand.

My process of making characters revolves around multiple things.
    1.) Picking a reasonable character I would personally and reasonably like to see in a Smash game (which was why I dropped all my 3rd Party characters). There are special exceptions to this, like for example: Misery. I only picked her up because a friend wanted to see her finished, but didn't have the skills/knowledge to finish her.

2.) Writing down a moveset with source material and original content with the character's knowledge in mind, alongside designing the moveset around Brawl's current limitations.

3.) Once I have the first 2 steps done, I then think of which Brawl characters I can use as a base for my moveset. After that, it's time to get the needed models and textures. It doesn't end there though. I still need to create a custom Brawl-based skeleton for the character, then rig it, then import, apply materials, fix Bone IDs with PSA editing, and test.
    3a.) Depending on how complex an idea is, I usually play around in PSA with the base character, and see if I can get my desired effects. If I'm unable to, then it's back to the drawing board. Either that, or ask those with more knowledge with me to see if my limitation can be overcome.
    3b.) While the model stuff is fairly easy, making sure it's high poly enough for Brawl without breaking limits can be a bit of an issue. Especially with models from systems and games from after the Wii's lifetime.

4.) Once I'm absolutely sure I can make this character, it's finally time to begin animating. While I can animate, I'm out of practice, and my quality will of course, take a dip down. I don't usually mass animate though, outside of things like walking, running, idle, etc. When I animate an attack, I almost always do the PSA work after I'm done with the animation, then I test that said attack until I'm satisfied, ironing out any glitches I find along the way.

5.) After I get enough progress done, I will then either show pictures or a short video, and wait for feedback while I continue working.

6.) With enough motivation and interest, the character is eventually complete, but there's two things missing. Cosmetics and SFX...

7.) Cosmetics are quite easy for me, if a bit time consuming. My old Cosmetic method was to pose a model and use the material preview of v0.76b, and take snapshots, but now that I can render in 3DS Max, I import the posed model, adjust scene materials, and render. Rinse and repeat until all recolors/alts are done.

8.) Next are SFX. This is unfortunately not my biggest strength, as one has to find both a usable SoundBank and enough SFX for the character himself/herself/itself. I'll then have to edit the SAWND accordingly, hoping not to hit file size. Then it's time to find the IDs and apply them in PSA.

9.) After this extremely long process, the character is now complete. This is when I begin writing up txt files on what to do to install and how the character works. After that's all done, I take some preview snapshots and a release video, zip up the relevant files, upload to DropBox/Mediafire, and submit to BrawlVault. I always have the BrawlVault submission ready before I upload my release video to Youtube.
    9a.) Before I zip anything, I do a bit of gameplay to make sure there's no glitches or crashing. If I find any, I get those as fixed as possible before I make my upload.

10.) Once everything's uploaded, I wait a bit for feedback, and if I agree with what someone has to say and/or reports a glitch that can be easily triggered, then I make edits accordingly, and update the download, but my process isn't done yet...There's one final step...

11.) And that final step is making a Project M version. Up until Solo Charizard, I usually made the Brawl version first, then made a separate download for the PM version at a later time, but when I made Solo Charizard, you can see there were a lot of different versions, Brawl, BrawlEx, Project M, and PAL to name the main ones. I made the Brawl version first, then I ported it to PM and PAL afterwards.

It's a very long process, and while I can do it, I've been losing interest and motivation due to two main things.

1.) Brawl modding has been losing activity in favor of Sm4sh modding.

2.) I'm only one person doing all of this, unless I specifically ask someone to help out with model work (in which they are properly credited).

So I'm here to ask of something that'll really help with my work. And that is if any of you reading this either are or know someone who can animate decently who's willing to work for free (I will never accept money for Brawl mods), then please let me know, preferably through Private Message on either KC-MM, SmashBoards, or Discord (KingJigglypuff#8570). I would specifically like to have someone take on the workload of animation, so I can strictly focus on the PSA work, which might make the process longer, but more efficient. While I don't have much need of a modeler (as I can ask a few people who for the most part are willing to help me out), anything to lighten my work load would be much appreciated.

Thank you for those who read this, so now I'll show something I've been working on for the past few days to get my spirits back up.

I believe I previously mentioned that I was going to make my own Ridley PSA, but then scrapped it when BaganSmashBros revealed his Classic Ridley.

Who here remembers the recolors that were made for my now scrapped moveset? Well don't worry, those recolors are still going to be used as recolor options for his Classic Ridley.

Here's a preview of them.
    I still need to do some adjustments to the Meta Ridley alt though. You can also see that I've ported the moveset to Brawl as well. I'll also be re-balancing this character. The reason why I'm doing this over Deoxys is because I'm considering scrapping my current progress and turn Deoxys into a true transformation character with the help of Pyotr's advancements.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

CaliKingz01
    Supreme Kitten

Ultimate is out But I'm Not Giving up on BRAWL!!!

• Awards Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6632 on: January 27, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »

nice to see you still doing mods.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6633 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:39 AM »

Pushing my requests aside, I've made a very quick mod to partially make up for my activity. I hope it'll suffice in the meantime.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213899

It's a Super Sonic model import using the model and materials from Sonic's Final Smash file, and edited to make it one slot with everything a Sonic import should have.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6634 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »

Does that mean that the upward quills on that model are animation?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6635 on: February 01, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »

Mild update, but I now have my own Discord server. If you routinely follow my work, then feel free to join the server.

https://discord.gg/PngDxcC

Does that mean that the upward quills on that model are animation?
    That's correct.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6636 on: February 08, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »

Getting back to Ridley, I've spent the past hour or so making recolors for the Meta Ridley alt (huge thanks to tryptech for splitting the texture parts for me).
    I've updated the Album I've posted a while back with the Meta Ridley recolors (link: http://imgur.com/a/GVc3A), but if you don't feel like scrolling down in the album, then open the spoiler below.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Chimæra
    Mega Kitten

That doesn't sound good.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6637 on: February 12, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »

Not bad, I wonder how he will play.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #6638 on: February 13, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »

Loving the details.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6639 on: February 24, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »

Bit of a minor update for some old submissions.

For those who downloaded my Project M Link, Mewtwo, and Roy ports, I've made an update to each of them.

The updates are as followed:

Link:
    -Attribute and minor coding edits to the BrawlEx version to make Rapid Jab mashing more consistent, as previously, it was difficult to get Jab 3 to come out. If you're not using the BrawlEx version, then you don't need to update.

Roy:
    -Awakening alt costume has been inserted, replacing the recolor based on it, alongside the sword glow edits.
    -Roy now has a proper model for Clear Mode.

Mewtwo:
    -Mewtwo now has a proper model for Clear Mode.

Speaking of Clear Mode models, I've also made Clear Mode models for Waluigi and Classic Ridley.

Waluigi:
    ]

Ridley:
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:37:00 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6640 on: February 24, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »

holy [censored]
    Predator stuff here

someonelikeme
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6641 on: March 04, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »

ey kingjigglepuff, can we get the Storm Master Sareena peach moveset mod? i mean i searched everywhere and i couldn't find it anymore, ik it's an old mod but i just wanted to ask you since you made it

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6642 on: March 04, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »

I'm sorry, but I got rid of that PSA years ago. I remember someone uploading a mirror somewhere, but the thread was made a really long time ago, so I don't think you'll be able to find it.

If anyone has my really old PSAs on them, feel free to PM me the mirrors, and I'll might make uploads to BrawlVault.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6643 on: March 06, 2017, 05:43:50 PM »

Another minor update, but for something unrelated.

For a secret project I'm planning on, I've decided to update a few things on Nanobuds' Mega Lucario. You can view the preview renders here: http://imgur.com/a/HBsSr

If you don't feel like going to the album, look at the below spoiler:

For what was supposed to be my current project, Deoxys, I'm heavily considering scrapping my current progress, and using Lucario as a base character, rather than Toon Link, as Lucario already has two moves I need for Deoxys as a base (Aura Sphere and Extreme Speed), when I would have normally needed to manually code something similar if I keep using Toon Link as a base. I'm also going to consider putting Deoxys on hold until I'm able to get 4 way true transformation working, as with the current limitations and how I have to work around them, Lucario doesn't have the assets I need to do so. This doesn't mean I'll be able to get started on Sceptile though, as I still need someone to finish Sceptile's model assets.

For my edits to Bagan's Classic Ridley, I'm waiting until one minor thing from someone before I can show more progress on it.

If you're wondering what Marioking64DS is up to (since I'm his one man band when it comes to moveset editing), his team's current project is King K. Rool. If you want to view progress, then follow his Twitter page to keep updated. https://twitter.com/Marioking64DS
    [I also have a Twitter (that I rarely post to) as well that you can follow, too. https://twitter.com/KingJigglypuff]
    « Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:47:17 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #6644 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »

Great updates. Sceptile or Deoxys, whichever comes first, I'm truly hyped.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  1 ... 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: