Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 9 (21.4%)
Blue. - 8 (19%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.9%)
Green. - 8 (19%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.8%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages:  1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1795190 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6660 on: April 17, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »

If any of you were wondering why I released a bunch of unfinished projects, since I've scrapped these projects, I've released my current progress on these projects for those with the skills needed to finish these projects if they wanted to.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6661 on: May 18, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »

Big bump update coming!

To complement my 23rd birthday, I've decided to release my balance overhaul to Classic Ridley!

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214292
    Direct Download (if KC-MM acts up): https://www.dropbox.com/s/svdindfc7lauk3u/Classic Ridley Balance Overhaul.zip?dl=0

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6662 on: June 15, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »

No activity in over a month...Feels bad, man. Well let me fix that (hopefully).

I've finally released my overhaul to Nanobuds' Mega Lucario I teased a few months back.

Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214388

Other than that, I unfortunately don't have anything new to show, but I can say that an update to Waluigi (since I've been working with Marioking64DS on Waluigi) is currently in the works. He'll be bigger, faster, and stronger too!
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:44:23 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6663 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »

Another bump, boys, but this time it's something important.

I've finally gathered myself a small group of people to help me get my projects done.

Which projects? Well I want to work on one at a time, so for now, I've set up a strawpoll for those to vote on which Fighter we'll work on first.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13225687
    Voting will end this Friday.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6664 on: June 21, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

how far along did you get on Xeno?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6665 on: June 22, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

As an FYI, any Fighters previously announced in this thread, but not seen in the poll have since been scrapped.

For those looking forward to the Fighters in question, I give my apologies. I needed to trim the fat off my planned projects, so I had to make some sacrifices.

how far along did you get on Xeno?
    Before my old computer died, I made very little progress. With the files I uploaded on the previous page, I've made even less progress.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6666 on: June 22, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »

This is why we do our projects within Dropbox™, fellas!*

*Sponsored post

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6667 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »

I usually don't upload a project until I'm done with it or if I'm sending to a Beta Tester.

Though I feel I should be clouding my beta projects more often. Which is why I got myself a new 2TB Hard Drive (since by 1 TB Hard Drive's almost out of space).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #6668 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:36 PM »

Dropbox "autoclouds" a file if it's inside the local folder.

You can literally not do anything but open and edit the file, and it will always have an updated version on the cloud with no additional effort whatsoever

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6669 on: June 23, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »

Thanks for voting, everyone. The poll has been concluded. Here are the results from 248 voters.

Though just because there's a winner, that doesn't quite mean we'll work on it first. The poll was just for which Fighters people themselves would like to see worked on. I'm aware I said the poll would be to see who's worked on first, but after talking with a backroomer, I may go back on this. If anything, it'll be more of a pick between any of the top 5 voted Fighters.

Edit: I've also made an entire overhaul to the OP to reflect my more recent works.
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:22:06 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #6670 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:34 AM »

Thanks KingRarePepe

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6671 on: July 05, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »

A very minor update, but I've gotten to updating my Unofficial Cupid Pit PM Alt to its v3.6 counterpart. I'm not promising anything, but I'm also considering making my own spin on the Cupid Pit recolor to make it fit more in line with how Brawl models are recolored (so I'm not just ripping someone else's recolor, since the included recolor isn't mine), alongside giving the recolor its own slot, so you don't have to replace slot 04 (this will be a BrawlEx/PMEx edit only though). This doesn't mean I'll update my other unofficial alts, either.

Changes since the update:
    -Updated to v3.6.
    -Updated wing glow GFX during Side Special's Glide (since the glow was altered to change itself to red over the course of 60 Frames).
    -Pink feathers during Down Taunt and Air Jumping.
    Download.
    Direct Download for if KC-MM acts up.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6672 on: July 16, 2017, 03:47:41 PM »

Hey again, I've got another update! Not for anything existing, this time, the content's all new!

If you've seen my posts on Twitter and Discord, you'll know very well what I'm about to show, but why haven't I updated my thread with this information? Well that's because I want to get as much information as possible before making an update post, as a Forum post allows much more freedom than Discord's 2,000 or Twitter's 140 character limit. I also get to explain things in more detail, but enough rambling from me, let's get to the point!

Today's update shows the reveal of a side project I've been working on for about a week or so now. Don't think this is my main project, as this is something I'm just gonna be working on as my group members finish up what they need to do with Smash 2. Once they're done with what they need to do, we'll finally be able to work on the main project, but until then, let me introduce to you all this "New" Challenger...

(Recolors + Full Scale Renders)
    If you don't feel like reading the incoming wall of text, skip to the TL;DR part upon opening the spoiler below.
    If you're wondering why the term "New" was in quotations, here's your reason, since technically, the Red Alloy isn't a new Fighter, as it's already in the game. It's just not in a playable state (only being playable through Gecko codes). Though this reveal isn't just for the Red Alloy. Following the Red Alloy, I'll also be making slots for the other three Alloys, but for the sake of this reveal, I will only put my focus onto the Red Alloy, as it's the Alloy who has the most progress right now.

"Why even do this when we can already play as the Alloys ourselves with Gecko codes?", you ask. My answer to this is playing with the actual Alloys themselves proves to be unstable and easily prone to crashing. Alongside this, Alloys are unable to shield, dodge, grab ledges, use items, or use Specials (3/5 of these issues were fixed in Project M). My take on the Alloys puts them over actual Fighters for maximum stability, which also means they get to shield, dodge, grab ledges, use items, and use Specials. Though so they're not just flat out copies of the originals (Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, and Zelda), I've decided to make the movements, attributes, normal attacks, etc identical to the originals, but have their Specials be unique takes on the originals (think Sm4sh's Custom Specials).

In addition to this, this will be the first time the Alloys have been properly ported over their respective Fighters. From my understanding, there have been two previous attempts from two different users to get the Red Alloy to work over Captain Falcon. While both were able to do so, both attempts had their ups and downs. The first attempt (back in 2012 by Iwvi) went the route of rigging the Red Alloy over Captain Falcon's skeleton, and while it does the job, the model rig faces the limitations of the glowing parts on the hands, heels, waist, and face not facing the camera, alongside the body lines not having color animation. The second attempt (back in 2014 by SonicYakumo) went the route of porting the Red Alloy's model over Captain Falcon, and again, while it does the job, this method has its own share of limitations, the first of which requires the use of an edited moveset file, due to different Bone IDs.

My method, however...is much more simple and effective. Using the "magic" of the more recent BrawlBox versions, I was able to both get the Red Alloy properly ported over onto Captain Falcon and keep its glowing bits following the camera without the need to fix Bone IDs with PSA. With the help of Sammi_Husky, I was also able to get the body line animation working, too (unfortunately, this requires the use of a module).

My efforts can be seen with the gif below (click on the image to see a smoother playthrough of the showcase).

TL;DR: I've done the first proper port of the Red Alloy over Captain Falcon. Take a look at the spoiler below to check out what I have in store (there's also a couple Yellow Alloy previews in there, too).

I'll now go into further detail on Red Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.
    <Standard Special: Detonation Punch>
    As shown in the preview image, Detonation Punch isn't quite the instant damage like Falcon Punch is, instead requiring the user to press B again during the active Frames (when the fist is out) to cause an explosion with moderate damage and outstanding range. In addition to this, the explosion has transcendent priority, meaning it won't clash against opposing attacks. Like Falcon Punch, Detonation Punch can also be reversed.

<Side Special: Timed Boost>
    Timed Boost isn't as straightforward as Raptor Boost, as Timed Boost requires the user to press B to strike, rather than waiting to touch someone during traveling. Timed boost also has the unique property of gaining extra damage (and shield damage) if B is pressed right as Red Alloy touches another Fighter. Both un-timed and timed strikes have their own ups and downs.

<Up Special: Falcon Strike>
    Falcon Strike is a very straightforward move, even more so than Falcon Dive. This is because Falcon Strike does not have the ability to grab foes, but instead has a hitbox which weakens as the move travels. Falcon Strike also goes 20% higher than Falcon Dive.

<Down Special: Falcon Kick Fury>
    There's only one thing that separates Falcon Kick Fury from Falcon Kick, and that's having multiple hits that drag foes along before sending them off, unlike Falcon Kick's singular hit. This in return gives Falcon Fury Kick less overall power than Falcon Kick. In addition to this, Falcon Kick Fury loses less momentum on hit than Falcon Kick (due to it being a multi-hit move).

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>
    Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Red Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Intangibility, Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds.

If you wish to view the images used in this post, follow this link to view the imgur album.

And with that, I conclude this announcement. This might have been a lot to take in for something so minor, but this is the beginning of things to come. I plan on making write-ups and previews in this format for my future projects (though I don't think there will be as much text as there was in the opening paragraphs of this post). There's no current release date right now, as I want to make one big release when I get all the Alloys done, but I'll be sure to make updates as I progress with this project. Thanks for staying through until the end.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:19:06 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6673 on: July 18, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »

Upon the completion of coding the Final Smash, it has been since added to the previous master post.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #6674 on: July 18, 2017, 06:22:42 PM »

Everything is coming along so great, I love it. I will definitely add this to my game and I can't wait for the rest of the Alloys.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  1 ... 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: