Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 9 (21.4%)
Blue. - 8 (19%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.9%)
Green. - 8 (19%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.8%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages:  1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1795074 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6675 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »

Like with the Red Alloy's reveal masterpost, I have another masterpost for a related Fighter...

(Recolors + Full Scale Renders)
    Introducing the second member of the Fighting Alloy Team! Here comes the Yellow Alloy! Based off of Mario, this Alloy has rounded stats, but is slightly bigger, meaning it has more range, but is also a bigger target. Check out the below spoiler for what's in store for the Yellow Alloy.

I'll now go into further detail on Yellow Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.
    <Standard Special: Fast Fireball>
    This is probably as straightforward as it gets. This variation of Fireball trades duration, bounciness, and damage for a very quick fireball. It has less than half the duration, but covers similar distance, due to how fast it is, but it has major damage and knockback scaling reductions as the projectile travels before it terminates.

<Side Special: Shocking Cape>
    This variant of Cape trades its ability to turn foes around (potentially gimping recoveries) and a little speed for a shocking powerful hit that sends foes back. The reflector of Shocking Cape is stronger, but the reflect window is shorter, alongside the reflection bubble being a bit smaller than Cape's (to compensate it being smaller, the reflection bubble is further out than Cape's as well). The aerial vertical momentum of Shocking Cape is also less than that of Cape's.

<Up Special: Explosive Punch>
    Sacrificing the distance and height of Super Jump Punch, Explosive Punch gains two linking hits which total up to a great amount of damage.

<Down Special: Scalding F.L.U.D.D.>
    This variant of F.L.U.D.D. charges much faster, alongside also doing damage and knockback, but at the cost of distance (the water also lasts less than that of the regular F.L.U.D.D.)

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>
    Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Yellow Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Final Smash Intangibility, Final Smash Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds. This Final Smash is also shared by all 4 Alloys.

If you wish to view the images used in this post, follow this link to view the imgur album.

Thank you again for tuning in. Tune in sometime later for the next Alloy!

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

teh-myuutsu
    Banned
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6676 on: August 01, 2017, 04:58:04 PM »

Create a hack to #BringBrawlBack

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6677 on: September 18, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »

Whoops. An entire month went by without me updating anything. Let me fix that...

I've been meaning to make a masterpost about the third member of the Fighting Alloy Team, but a limitation held me back. I wanted to wait until I got that limitation out of the way, but before you knew it, a month went by, so I'll just make the post anyway, and update if I get past the limitation.

So without further adieu, I present to you this next challenger.

(Recolors + Full Scale Renders)
    Introducing the third member of the Fighting Alloy Team! Here comes the Blue Alloy! Based off of Zelda, it's said that its core provides power to the other Alloys. Check out the below spoiler for what's in store for the Blue Alloy.

I'll now go into further detail on Blue Alloy's Specials. Click on the gifs themselves for smoother playback.
    <Standard Special: Nayru's Protection>
    Unlike the other Alloy's Specials, the Blue Alloy's Specials aren't as straightforward. Point in case, its Neutral Special. Just using the move does nothing, but if the Blue Alloy hits an opponent early on, it'll be encapsulated by a barrier, which provides both passive Knockback-Based Heavy Armor and projectile reflection. This barrier lasts for 3.5 seconds (210 Frames), and will break upon its timer running out, getting hit by an attack which pierces its knockback protection, or getting grabbed.
    (Visuals and move balancing have been updated since this first preview. See the gfycat below this one to see the updated visuals.)

<Side Special: Din's Bomb>
    This variant of Din's Fire trades mobility and charging ability for more control and consistent damage. The traveling wisp also explodes upon contact. This was the move with the limitation I was talking about, which is why there's no preview for this move.

<Up Special: Farore's Rush>
    This variant of Farore's Wind trades distance and unpredictability for speed and power. During the traveling segment of the move, foes will be sent in the direction the Blue Alloy is going if hit before being hit by the ending hit.
    (Visuals have been slightly updated since this first preview. See the gfycat below this one to see.)

<Down Special: Overload>
    Since the Blue Alloy can't transform, I had to make an entirely new move for the it. The Blue Alloy opens up to heal 1% before returning to idle, but if the B Button is held, the Blue Alloy will loop its opened state, healing 1% every 16 Frames, but be careful. If B is held for too long, the Blue Alloy will begin to catch fire and spark. If B isn't let go after a short duration when it begins to catch fire, the Blue Alloy will explode, damaging itself, which would undo all the healing it did, but in return, the explosion is large and powerful, capable of KOing at low damage. In addition to this, if under the effects of Nayru's Protection, the Blue Alloy's knockback protection will be weaker and it will heal 1% per 32 Frames, rather than heal 1% every 16 Frames.

<Final Smash: Cruel Mode>
    Upon absorbing the power of the Smash Ball, the Blue Alloy gains a newfound strength from the inner depths of Cruel Brawl. This newfound power quadruples the knockback scaling of all non-Item and non-fixed knockback attacks, allowing for very early KOs, but at the cost of having no protection (Final Smash Intangibility, Final Smash Super Armor, etc) throughout its duration. This effect lasts for 12 seconds. This Final Smash is also shared by all 4 Alloys.

If you wish to view the images used in this post, follow this link to view the imgur album.

Thank you again for tuning in once more. Tune in sometime later for the final member of the Fighting Alloy Team!

Don't think this is the end of this update, as I have an additional thing in store, which isn't Alloy-related. Over the past month of so, I've been working on my update to my overhaul to BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley. While I won't go into specifics, I do have two things I want to show.

First is the much anticipated Meta Ridley alternate costume...Thanks to the combined efforts, of IWantGames, Moblin, and Draco_The, it's finally here!

Complete with its own slot-specific tail glow and recolors. In addition to this, Meta Ridley's wings produce their iconic laser wing flap SFX, rather than the standard wing flap SFX.

You can view Meta Ridley's renders (+recolors) by visiting this link. Huge thanks to tryptech for rendering these for me.

The second thing I wanted to show is that I've successfully added Ridley to All-Star Mode. This will also be included in the next update.

For release, there's no set point yet, as I want to wait for Bagan to publicly release his updates to his own Classic Ridley before I release my updates to my overhaul.

There's one final thing I'd like to say before I end this post: Neither the Fighting Alloy Team nor my overhaul to Classic Ridley are my group's main project, but I'll be keeping it a secret of whom they are until they're ready for a reveal.

Ending on that note, you are now at the end of this post. Thanks for taking the time to read this massive post. Smiley
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:43:11 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6678 on: September 18, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »

I'm glad there are still some very talented people carrying Brawl Hacking on. Great job on these, I'm definitely going to add them to my game.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6679 on: October 01, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »

Gonna give a bump to this thread to show everyone my further improvements to Ridley's (+Meta) recolors. A general suggestion was to use Gradient Maps, rather than Color Maps, since the former keeps the texture's lighting, while the latter doesn't. You can see the fruits of my labor in the below spoilers.

Ridley

Meta Ridley

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6680 on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:24 PM »

Huh, surprised you're still PSA'ing Brawl!

Looks neato too!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6681 on: October 03, 2017, 07:56:24 PM »

Now here's something you don't see every day from me: A stage edit. These stage edits involve some personal edits to Xerom's Mario Bros.: X stage.

Features:
    -Stage ported over Jungle Japes. Includes a module to use over Mario Bros.
    -Water can now be swam in, in addition to stretching the stage downward to prevent swimming exploits.
    -Replaced the POW block with the one from SMFan's "Mario Bros. proper" submission (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209960), in addition to making it a background object, rather than a platform.
    -Stretched the stage itself outward slightly, so the platforms hover over the stage, rather than hovering offstage.
    -Replaced the Warp Pipe with the one from Mario's Entry file.
    -Replaced the brick and pipe textures with the vanilla textures.
    -Applied Fighter shadows to the platforms and floor.
    -Darkened the overall stage lighting, alongside giving it a subtle blue hue.
    -Removed unused models and textures, in addition to modifying redundant materials.
    -Stage Selection Icon included.
    Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=214854

1080p HD previews.

Huh, surprised you're still PSA'ing Brawl!
    And there's no signs of me stopping anytime soon. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6682 on: October 18, 2017, 11:46:30 PM »

a new stage? thats something we dont see everyday

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6683 on: October 19, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »

Any chance for you to make new PSA's using the Soundbank Expansion?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

teh-myuutsu
    Banned
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6684 on: October 20, 2017, 02:48:11 AM »

There are a lot of very complex and interesting hacks on the vault.

Question: Are any of you here coders? Just curious.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6685 on: October 20, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »

Any chance for you to make new PSA's using the Soundbank Expansion?
    The update to my overhaul of BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley will be the start of my PSAs using both Effect.pac and Soundbank Expansion from this point on. The Alloys won't be using a Soundbank Expansion though, since they're using SFX from existing Fighters.
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:32:38 AM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6686 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »

The update to my overhaul of BaganSmashBros' Classic Ridley will be the start of my PSAs using both Effect.pac and Soundbank Expansion from this point on. The Alloys won't be using a Soundbank Expansion though, since they're using SFX from existing Fighters.

That's good to read.
    And yeah, Alloys don't really need another soundbank as they're clones of actual fighters.
    I also hope your best PSA's also get updated with those two expansions.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6687 on: November 06, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »

Going to give a minor bump to let you all know I'm still working on stuff. I've also added my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley under the "Current Projects" label. Unfortunately, progress for the poll winner hasn't been made recently.

For those looking forward to my Alloy project, I've decided to port Kirby's model over onto Jigglypuff's moveset for the Green Alloy, as Kirby lacks a BrawlEx module, due to complications regarding his Copy Ability Articles. There's a few minor issues I still need to fix, but otherwise, it's an almost perfect port. I just need to port and edit Jigglypuff's Special animations to fit over Kirby's skeleton + Idle.
    The current issues I'm facing at the moment are as followed:
    -Jigglypuff has less shadow bones than Kirby. This can be fixed, but requires tedious hex editing.
    -When using Rollout, Kirby's model does not spin (Jigglypuff's model still spins though). I'm assuming this is something controlled in the module, as I haven't found anything relevant in PSA, so I'm going to have to ask around for this one.
    Though despite this, I've managed to experiment with some ideas I've had for the Green Alloy's Specials. While I wanted to wait to show previews, it's going to be a while until the Green Alloy itself is in a preview-able state, so I'll just show my rough drafts in the meantime.
    Side Special: A custom variation of Pound taken straight from Sm4sh.

Up Special: A custom variation of Final Cutter taken straight from Sm4sh, but with some minor tweaks. Since this preview, the Beam Sword has been replaced with the Primid's Beam Sword.

Down Special: A custom variation of Rest, but this time, it's an original concept.
    This is all I have to show for today. I'm hoping to show off more things in the near future.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6688 on: November 23, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »

Two weeks without an update? I better fix that. I've been keeping this under wraps for a while (since I didn't want to reveal a release date, but then suddenly have to make a delay), but I'm hoping to release my update to my overhaul of Classic Ridley early December, but in the meantime, since BaganSmashBros is giving me permission to show these (since these are brand new animations he's made that haven't been shown until recently), have a teaser treat of what's to come with this overhaul update.

New Back Throw:
    New Up Throw:

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6689 on: November 23, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »

Ooooh those definitely look fantastic, up throw especially, haha.
    Looking forward to seeing how Classic Ridley turns out this time.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: