Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 9 (21.4%)
Blue. - 8 (19%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.9%)
Green. - 8 (19%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.8%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages:  1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1794999 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6735 on: September 08, 2019, 09:15:43 AM »

The Fighting Alloy Team Pack has been updated with an alternate all-in-one version, which utilizes costume hijacking to condense all four Alloys into a single slot on the CSS.

I'll repost the initial links, so you don't have to scroll through for them. Wink
    BrawlVault: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217000
    Dropbox (if KC-MM goes down): https://www.dropbox.com/s/unc5e85vcccxqb2/Fighting%20Alloy%20Team%20Release.zip?dl=0

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6736 on: December 03, 2019, 07:32:19 AM »

It's that time again. Time for another update, but this time, it's not about any of my projects, but rather my Youtube.

If any of you were wondering why my content has suddenly gone private, it's because I have decided to private my videos in protest of COPPA. For those out of the loop, COPPA was a law passed by the FTC back in (I think) 1998, with the law getting renewed every 10 years. It was expected to get renewed on 2023, but were pressured by child advocacy groups to renew it earlier.

COPPA's guidelines force content creators are to mark their videos based on whether or not their content is targeted towards children. And if they mark something incorrectly, they can be fined $42,000 per incorrectly marked video. Even one of these fines are enough to bankrupt most people. The guidelines regarding what's considered child-targeted content are very vague and don't allow for nuance (Example: Animations intended for adults).

If you're in the United States, I strongly recommend submitting a (civil) comment to the FTC regarding COPPA's strict and vague guidelines. https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=FTC-2019-0054-0001
    The deadline to submit feedback is December 10th with the regulations coming into effect in January 2020.

If you decide to keep your content on Youtube, please do so with extreme caution, lest you be heavily fined.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6737 on: December 15, 2019, 08:48:46 PM »

For those who are out of the loop, I've been teasing a side project with vague hints on my Twitter. It's time that I finally reveal what this side project is. Here's what I have to show...

'It's just Charizard.', you say to yourself... Just be patient, and all will be revealed.

Behold! The number zero!

Deal some damage, and the number increases!

Que Pikachu punching bag montage.

This number will increase based on the amount of direct damage (I.E. Non-projectile damage) you deal, with its cap being 150 damage dealt during a single stock.

And it will reset if you get KO'd, so be careful.

To initiate this number check, activate your shield, and press B at anytime while shielded (basically L/R + B).

So what happens when this number reaches 150? An aesthetic indicator will activate, which will allow you to...

Press A during Neutral Special's startup (basically A + B)...

To turn into an egg...

And presto! Mega Evolution has been achieved! You can pick and choose which of the two Mega forms to use by holding A for Mega X or B for Mega Y. Though if a button isn't held, it will instead randomize an option for you. Your Mega Evolution will also go away if you are KO'd, requiring you to deal 150 damage again to get it back.

So now let's go over what Mega Evolution has to offer, starting with Mega X. When compared to its default counterpart, Mega X sports higher falling speed (10% increase), higher gravity (10% increase), and higher ground jumps (10% increase) in addition to all direct (non-projectile) attacks receiving a 1.15* damage bonus. All fire attacks have also been changed to deal aura damage alongside all red effects being changed to blue.

In addition to the changes I listed, Neutral Special changes from Flamethrower to Thunder Punch (taken from P+). A horizontal rush on the ground and a dive punch in the air.

Side Special also changes from Heat Wave to Flare Blitz. A powerful move with recoil damage. While it's mostly a port of its Smash 4/Ultimate counterpart, this move has one key difference, being that the move ends in Fall rather than Tumble when ending in the air or making contact with an enemy/wall.

Now let's head on over to Mega Y. When compared to its default counterpart, Mega Y sports lower falling speed (10% decrease), lower gravity (10% decrease), lower ground jumps (10% decrease), higher air speed (10% increase), higher air mobility (10% increase), and one additional air jump in addition to all direct (non-projectile) attacks receiving a 1.1* damage bonus. All fire-based attacks also have an increased base damage (before the 1.1* multiplier, knockback compensated).

I bet you're wondering what that lingering flame in its mouth is for? Well that's because Neutral Special changes to Fire Blast (this is the only Special which changes when using the Mega Y form), a powerful piercing projectile which initiates a 10 cooldown when used (the flame will re-ignite once the cooldown time passes, but it will not decrease when using Neutral Special). Though when on cooldown, Neutral Special changes to Smokescreen, a powerful gust of smoke which blows back foes and can potentially gimp a recovery with proper prediction.

For some added flair, if you win a match when Mega Evolved, your chosen Mega form will show up on the Results Screen, but will revert to the default form if you lost or quit the match.

For those who remember, yes, this is the fabled revamp to Solo Charizard which was thought to have been canceled. This revamp aims to be smaller in scope and more balanced than its original counterpart (though I'm aware some aspects of this mod can and will be considered too strong and/or unfair depending on one's perspective), but is overall a more casual-oriented mod, as I'm well aware how much of a huge buff adding such a mechanic would be, especially on a powerful mid-tier like Charizard.

In terms of release, I want to wait until I finish the Mega Evolution GFX before I release, as what I have now lacks a few iconic effects (such as the rainbow ribbon). For now, this revamped mod will be for Project M only, but might have P+, Brawl, and Brawl Minus versions if there's enough demand.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6738 on: December 19, 2019, 06:59:29 AM »

Here's a preview video of my Mega Evolving Charizard. It's on my Drive, as I'm still protesting Youtube.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UrSG_g0h5jUA8mzOBoxUTn-rexsTqlmF/view

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DPBOX
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6739 on: December 19, 2019, 01:34:43 PM »

Oh, I'm so glad you're revamping Solo Charizard! I've always loved that mod!

I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
    http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6740 on: December 21, 2019, 03:25:58 PM »

The transformation won't force players to use a Gamecube controller, right?
    Because remember not everyone owns one.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6741 on: December 21, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »

No, it won't. The Mega Evolution activator just requires you to press the A button anytime during Flamethrower's startup animation if you meet the Mega Evolution requirements.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6742 on: December 25, 2019, 10:31:10 PM »

No, it won't. The Mega Evolution activator just requires you to press the A button anytime during Flamethrower's startup animation if you meet the Mega Evolution requirements.

Flamethrower is possible now?
    It was commonly forced to be removed or replaced in the past with a different move.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6743 on: December 26, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »

That's because previous limitations forced me to model port Charizard over onto Link for the old version. However, recent advancements let me return this project back to its roots as an actual Charizard replacement.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6744 on: January 12, 2020, 02:07:04 PM »

With some further understandings regarding COPPA, I feel confident with making my videos public again, but if something happens, I'll make my videos private again.

From this choice I've made, I have decided to upload my previous Mega Evolving Charizard preview video to my Youtube. https://youtu.be/v4sFkwYVoMg

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6745 on: February 28, 2020, 08:59:09 PM »

I have some rather unfortunate news for those looking forward to my Mega Evolving Charizard side project. Said project has to be canceled due to file size limitations. I'm sorry to have teased this project without further testing things...

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6746 on: February 29, 2020, 07:24:29 AM »

Was it THAT over filesize?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6747 on: February 29, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »

Yes, the file I have right now is about 613 KB, while the current limit is about 597 KB. I was able to increase the limit to 700 KB, but that ended up breaking Subspace, which is why I had to cancel the project.

However, I may consider lowering the scope of the project to just allow Charizard to Mega Evolve into Mega Charizard X only, but that's for another time.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

DPBOX
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6748 on: May 17, 2020, 12:23:09 AM »

Quote from: KingJigglypuff
    Yes, the file I have right now is about 613 KB, while the current limit is about 597 KB. I was able to increase the limit to 700 KB, but that ended up breaking Subspace, which is why I had to cancel the project.

Then make 2 versions of the mod, a stripped down version that will work with both Subspace and regular matches and a full version that will only work with regular matches.

I'm probably not going to be here very often. If you want to chat, send me a message at SMWCentral.
    http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=20977

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6749 on: May 18, 2020, 07:53:46 AM »

I'm not going to do that. If anything, I'd split the two Megas into their own options (IE: v1 will use Mega X while v2 would use Mega Y).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 447 448 449 [450] 451
    Print
    Jump to: