Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Needing some help with a stage I'm making - Mostly model import issues...  (Read 6099 times)
Difegue
Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 30, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »

So, I ripped an .mdl0 from the Haruhi wii game to use as a stage. I got the brres out of the iso, and got it showing in BrawlBox just fine thru FortWaffles' programs. I added it into good ol' Final Destination, and removed the main platform after editing the collisions to make it a walk-off stage.

Problem, it doesn't work ingame. :/ I'm pretty sure I followed closely the instructions to add a model into a pre-exisiting stage, so I dunno what's wrong. Maybe it's a problem with the collision data or animations... It's not a character model with a bunch of bones either, it's a pretty simple one Sad

It's my first attempt ever at stage hacking, so I don't know what to do to fix it.
    Here's what I've got done so far, could someone take a look at it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?cqzi4i99dv0e98v

Also, any reason the file size didn't decrease at all even through I deleted the 3D model of the FD platform? Given, I left the textures in(just in case deleting it was a wrong idea), but still...
    I'd like to know how to get rid of FD's hugeass background either. Can I just replace the ModelData (0) Roll Eyes with the one from, say, the Wifi training stage?

Please note that I didn't edit the camera, death boundaries or lightning yet. I just want the damn stage to work, then I'll get to the pretty part, I guess  not impressed
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:18:51 PM by Difegue » Logged

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »

wow, this already dropped to the second page.
    Come on, can't anyone help me with this?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »

I wish I could, but I yet have no knowledge of Stage hacking. D:

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:29:16 AM »

wow, this already dropped to the second page.
    Come on, can't anyone help me with this?

The filesize is due to textures mostly. Final Destination uses really big textures, if you're not using a texture, just delete it. The stage will work without them. If decreasing the filesize isn't enough, then we should see what else could be happening.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »

Also, I generally use a modified version of the WWR to put stages over FD. The FD file has some weird lighting effects and stuff.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »

The filesize is due to textures mostly. Final Destination uses really big textures, if you're not using a texture, just delete it. The stage will work without them. If decreasing the filesize isn't enough, then we should see what else could be happening.

Holy flipping wow, never doubt the stage guru. I deleted every texture from the FD platform and background, and now it works like a charm. I thought filesize wasn't a problem since I use Riivolution, but it apparently is.

Anyway, now I have to edit everything camera and boundary-related. (On to chuy's tutorial, welpp)
    Also, the wall of the model I imported is kinda low. It's probably fixable by camera, but how can I create a 2D model so I could put it on top of the model to give an impression of the wall being longer?

oh btw ForOhFor, could you link me that modded WWR? FD's lighting probably won't be such a problem, buuut you never know :V

EDIT: Well, I got the boundaries, camera, lighting and collisions done. But I have three more questions:

1)I didn't realize it before, but one of the textures isn't showing up. Here's what the stage looks like in brawlbox atm:

Ingame, the texture for the floor shows up on the blackboard  Oh shi~
    I did insert the blackboard texture in the stage .pac, so how do I fix this and get it to appear?

2)Well, I wanted to add a few more background elements... I imported a chair from the same game(you can see it on the BrawlBox pic and it looks perfect ingame) and a book(not in yet), and actually wanted to get a character(Nagato) reading the book model on said chair. Since that would remain pretty static, I thought it would be possible. The models for the characters on Haruhi Wii are broken up into several mdl0s, but since it's just stage decoration, I thought I could put them up together through animation. However, after importing the first model into brawlbox...
    MAXIMUM BONE TREE ASPLOSION  Awesome Face Any way to fix this besides re-fixing each bone's position manually?
    Because that model does have a [censored]load of bones, you know.

3)Anyway to fix the little lighting thing on the left?(see first picture) It's likely because of FD's lighting, but I don't wanna report everything to a new .pac  Im srs here
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:37:28 PM by Difegue » Logged

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »

Bumping >_< I'd really like someone to tell me about getting the character mdl0s to work with FortWaffles' tools, since it would likely work the same for every other character ripped from the game.

I can provide the .brres or .mdl0s if necessary...

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »

For the lighting thing, is it that sphere in the middle? That only shows up when the stage is replacing FD. If it's replacing something else and you're using an FD .rel, it won't be there.

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

Oh, the light from the crystal in the FD platform? Yeah it's there too but it's under the stage so it's not the problem. I was talking about this:

Also, as you can see, I fixed the problem with the blackboard texture(lurking does wonders) Cheesy

But I have yet more problems :V :
    -I figured out how to add a 2D model to extend the wall, but the texture it uses always stretches up to fill everything so it looks ugly and doesn't fit with the original model
    Basically, how can you make it so that instead of stretching the texture, it tiles it? By tiling, I mean it repeats the texture...sorry if i'm not expressing myself properly on that one, english isn't my main language >_>

-So yeah, that huge white thing. It's a third model import, like that little chair. The issue is that whenever I try to move it around, a few parts stay stuck at (0,0) so it stretches the model...

I tried to delete bones or vertices but it doesn't work, and the book is only one polygon so I can't delete them either :V How can I move that one correctly through animating?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 12:14:24 AM »

Oh, the light from the crystal in the FD platform? Yeah it's there too but it's under the stage so it's not the problem. I was talking about this:

Also, as you can see, I fixed the problem with the blackboard texture(lurking does wonders) Cheesy

But I have yet more problems :V :
    -I figured out how to add a 2D model to extend the wall, but the texture it uses always stretches up to fill everything so it looks ugly and doesn't fit with the original model
    Basically, how can you make it so that instead of stretching the texture, it tiles it? By tiling, I mean it repeats the texture...sorry if i'm not expressing myself properly on that one, english isn't my main language >_>

-So yeah, that huge white thing. It's a third model import, like that little chair. The issue is that whenever I try to move it around, a few parts stay stuck at (0,0) so it stretches the model...

I tried to delete bones or vertices but it doesn't work, and the book is only one polygon so I can't delete them either :V How can I move that one correctly through animating?

i can try to help u out with this.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »

The master of Tatsuports? Please do  Awesome Face
    What do you need? I can give you .brres of all the models I need in the stage, and the stage .pac itself.

Also, it would be great if you could explain me how to avoid the stretching, since it does it with a lot of models I import(mostly when I port character-type models...)

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »

The master of Tatsuports? Please do  Awesome Face
    What do you need? I can give you .brres of all the models I need in the stage, and the stage .pac itself.

Also, it would be great if you could explain me how to avoid the stretching, since it does it with a lot of models I import(mostly when I port character-type models...)

pm me everything u have used for this stage, including the .pac file!

as for ur stretching issue... i have come across this so many times on some of my work.. and its cause ur moving the model while viewing it. some models do that if in ur model view. in order to prevent that, u have to open the model list to bones and edit it that way, and there it wont stretch.

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »

Really? I decided to move them through animations and it works as well, it's just that I can't preview the whole thing in the collision editor.

However, some animations don't work, so I have those 3D models here and they stay at (0,0,0) no matter what I do.
    I'll send you the .pac file and .brres I used Smiley

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »

Really? I decided to move them through animations and it works as well, it's just that I can't preview the whole thing in the collision editor.

However, some animations don't work, so I have those 3D models here and they stay at (0,0,0) no matter what I do.
    I'll send you the .pac file and .brres I used Smiley

alright. ill look at it asap... even tho im workin on my stage atm xD

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »

Sent. Thanks a lot for helping with this :p

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: