Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: CSP Halp  (Read 23052 times)
TotalNub
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »

Alrighty, here we go again.. Okay, so, I decided that I would FINALLY put some CSP's over the default ones (Finally got sick and tired of guessing which color was which costume  not impressed ) and I followed the mini guide that was placed in the "The Complete N00B's Guide To Brawl Hacking" which is the following:

Code:
CSPs (Character Selection Portraits)
If you download a character and you receive a picture file along with it, this is what it is supposed to be used for. CSPs are the pictures of the character that appear on the Character Selection Screen. Note that these are completely optional and don't have to be used along with the character. Here's how to put them into the game.
1. Download the original common5.pac from the link above and open it in BrawlBox.
2. Expand (Click the + button next to) "sc_selcharacter_en" and then "char_bust_tex_lz77".
3. Each of the "MiscData[_]" files contain the CSPs for a different character. Expand the MiscData and then expand the "Textures(NW4R)" within them. Click on each TEX0 file to see the original CSPs for that character.
4. Expand each of the MiscDatas until you find the character you want. Choose the color that you have the file set over and then right click the TEX0. Click on "Replace", and then find the image that came with the downloaded file (or your own image if you are making CSPs). When you are done, save the common5.pac file and put it in your SD Card.
5. If you are using an sc_selcharacter.pac file (Ex. A custom CSS), you'll have to do the following steps for your CSPs to appear.
6. Open your common5.pac in BrawlBox. Expand "sc_selcharacter_en" and right click on "char_bust_tex_lz77". Click "Export" and save it to your computer.
7. Now open up the sc_selcharacter.pac file you downloaded in BrawlBox. Expand it and find "char_bust_tex_lz77". Right click it and hit "Replace". Find the "char_bust_tex_lz77" you exported from your common5.pac.
8. Save the sc_selcharacter.pac file and put it on your SD Card.

Now, i've done exactly as I should which is Replace the default PNG in the "Textures(NW4R)" folder of the Common5.pac file and I saved the common5.pac file into this directory:
"(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\system\"

Then I inserted the SD card back into the Wii, Started up SSBB via Gecko, everything was running fine.. Till I selected "Brawl" in the "Group" menu. As soon as I pressed A, selecting "Brawl", the deafening long sustained "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" was heard. I reset the Wii in hopes of it just being a glitch and tried once more. No luck. I then tried going to the "Training" screen, and the "Beeeeeeeeeeeeep" went off there too. So I presume I am doing something wrong? Can anyone help me in this issue? -The Total Nub.

TheMTorres29
Extreme Kitten

TheMTorres29/TMT29

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:04:51 AM »

Make sure you dont have any corrupt files and the portraits are the correct size. I had the same problem before Cheesy

I am an EXPERT Kitten  c:

TheMTorres29
Extreme Kitten

TheMTorres29/TMT29

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »

BTW my prob was corrupt files...just sayin

I am an EXPERT Kitten  c:

DTST
Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 02:47:17 AM »

Make sure the files are the same size as the one your replacing also if I remember right(I don't use gecko anymore i'v moved to riivolution so I don't remember very well) you need the sel_character for gecko common5 is used for riivolution now

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »

I'm sure it isn't anything corrupt, and what is this sel_character you speak of? Shocked?

Also i'm using the CSP's that come with the character mods (ie. Sephiroth over marth), so i'm sure the size is correct
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:09:15 PM by TotalNub » Logged

Lethal Blade
    Supreme Kitten

Hi

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »

Use the selcharacter in the menu2 folder, it freezes with common5.pac (for me anyway)

"(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\menu2\"

In this directory the sc_selcharacter goes there.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:11:35 PM by Lethal Blade » Logged

Allies: Mario Vontaz, thepika98, Infernape99.

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 02:03:51 AM »

I know this may sound noobish but.. What exactly is the selcharacter and where do I get it from? xD;;.. And do I use both common5.pac AND sc_selcharacter.pac?

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 03:23:56 AM »

Sel_character has all the textures from the character selection screen. You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170#zeaiah0s5p7d5,1

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »

So would I do the exact same procedure, but by using sel_character instead? (Open Sel_character on BrawlBox and do all the procedures on there)

Also do I use both sc_selcharacter.pac And common5.pac? Or just the sc_selcharacter.pac
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:56:27 PM by TotalNub » Logged

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »

You can use both if I remember right

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »

The file sc_selcharacter.pac is compressed, so its size will be affected when you replace portraits.  Make sure that its size doesn't go over 3.79 MB when using Gecko OS.

Tip: You can adjust the palette of your portrait so that it uses less colors.  That can reduce the amount of memory it uses when compressed.

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »

Okay so just to clarify.. Do I NEED common5.pac? Or can I just use sc_selcharacter.pac..

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »

Okay so, I just tried once more by using the sc_selcharacter.pac method.. I followed this guide:

5. If you are using an sc_selcharacter.pac file (Ex. A custom CSS), you'll have to do the following steps for your CSPs to appear.
    6. Open your common5.pac in BrawlBox. Expand "sc_selcharacter_en" and right click on "char_bust_tex_lz77". Click "Export" and save it to your computer.
    7. Now open up the sc_selcharacter.pac file you downloaded in BrawlBox. Expand it and find "char_bust_tex_lz77". Right click it and hit "Replace". Find the "char_bust_tex_lz77" you exported from your common5.pac.
    8. Save the sc_selcharacter.pac file and put it on your SD Card.

I did all that and retried, hoping it would work this time. Still isn't working, going to that annoying "Beeeeeep" whenever I try to get to the Character Selection Screen. Just to make sure it wasn't the card itself, I reformatted it and tried again to no prevail.. Any other thing I could be doing wrong? D:

TotalNub
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »

Anyone got anything?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »

you probably have a corrupt file or the file is too big. upload the file, and ill take a look at it.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
    Print
    Jump to: