Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Kratos Aurion updated moveset (5/1) - SaxMeister13's Stuff  (Read 18048 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:53:43 AM »

God i want to see the Kratos move set Cheesy
    If it's out i'm so gonna download it Cheesy

SaxMeister13
    Expert Kitten

ninja cat comes closer while not modding

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:45 AM »

Ah, so Kratos does get Guardian Field in the PS2 version?  I've only played the GC one, but I know Guardian Field from Luke/Asch (obviously  Grin ).  Maybe I will do it, but the mechanics will have to be different from Asch's to keep things interesting.  I want to keep the possibility of a Kratos/Asch battle actually being fun.

Today is my junior recital, so by this weekend I should be majorly back in the swing of things.  Thanks for your patience, guys - I'm gonna get this done.

@PrideToBeMe - it's not out yet, but I'm working on it.  I'd say it's about 20% done at the moment.

@Reiner - thanks for the comments!  A few thoughts:

* I'd love Kratos to have Thunder Blade; I just have no idea how to code it.  Also, it seems to conflict with giving him Super Lightning Blade.

* I agree that Demon Fang doesn't feel like an FTilt, but I feel like he should have it somewhere and I don't know where else.  Sonic Thrust could work, though...it would probably feel almost exactly like SLB except without the lightning, though (and less damage, ofc).

* Asch's B-Air is a false projectile and is limited by the mechanics of false projectiles.  You'll find that it stays roughly level with his feet, so if he's still ascending then so will the projectile.  I don't know how else to code it.  I could go for a little farther and faster, but when I tried giving it knockback it became way too spammable.

* Slag Assault is still really poor, I know.  Part of that is that it's gotta be a custom animation and I'm really lousy at those, but it's still on my to-do list.

* It wasn't my intention to make OL a once-per-match thing, just once every so many hits; I'll take a look.

LookItsLink
    Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
    Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »

Could you make it Guardian instead of Guardian Field?
    If damage reduction is possible, do that. If not, could it you make it so he has super armor frames instead?
    (it would be a useful move to dodge final smashes or as a nice panic move to avoid getting smashed)
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:05:54 PM by LookItsLink » Logged

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »

@Reiner - thanks for the comments!  A few thoughts:

* I'd love Kratos to have Thunder Blade; I just have no idea how to code it.  Also, it seems to conflict with giving him Super Lightning Blade.

* I agree that Demon Fang doesn't feel like an FTilt, but I feel like he should have it somewhere and I don't know where else.  Sonic Thrust could work, though...it would probably feel almost exactly like SLB except without the lightning, though (and less damage, ofc).

* Asch's B-Air is a false projectile and is limited by the mechanics of false projectiles.  You'll find that it stays roughly level with his feet, so if he's still ascending then so will the projectile.  I don't know how else to code it.  I could go for a little farther and faster, but when I tried giving it knockback it became way too spammable.

* Slag Assault is still really poor, I know.  Part of that is that it's gotta be a custom animation and I'm really lousy at those, but it's still on my to-do list.

* It wasn't my intention to make OL a once-per-match thing, just once every so many hits; I'll take a look.

For Thunderblade, I imagine you could probably ask Mr. N for a bit of help on that. If you checked out his work on Soren (Marth PSA) then you could probably try something Thoron-esque for his thunderblade. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "it seems to conflict with giving him Super Lightning Blade".

For Demon Fang, why not have it as a standard B?

I see, I can somewhat understand what you're getting at. However, if you slowed down the Demon Fang animation then it'll give enough time for someone to move out of it, right? Or you may want to up the damage by  1% or so.

Slag Assault is understandable.

OL, I found that it charges rather quickly. You might want to increase the number of hits before it fully charges - if you plan on having it as a multi-use/match.

Good luck with the coding. I'll be sure to test and give feedback when you do.

SaxMeister13
    Expert Kitten

ninja cat comes closer while not modding

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »

If damage reduction is possible, do that. If not, could it you make it so he has super armor frames instead?
    (it would be a useful move to dodge final smashes or as a nice panic move to avoid getting smashed)

I agree...but on DSmash?  That would be a really odd place for it, but that's where I'd been thinking of GF.

@Reiner - At the moment I'm thinking of implementing SLB for Kratos in much the same way as I implemented LB for Asch - a thrust and a lightning strike.  Casting Lightning would feel to me like exactly the same thing, sans the thrust.  I can play with graphics and try to make it feel different (and of course the damage/KB would be different too) but ultimately it would feel kind of redundant to me.  I like Lightning better as well, though, so I'm still thinking about it.  What kinds of stuff could I do to make the two moves more different?

So here's an updated moveset (also updated in the OP):
    FTilt: Sonic Thrust
    UTilt: Light Spear?
    DTilt: Grave Blade
    FSmash: Super Lightning Blade
    USmash: Light Spear Cannon
    DSmash: Guardian Field?

B: Fire Ball / Eruption
    ^B: Victory Light Spear?
    >B: Wind Blade / Air Thrust
    vB: Judgment

Final: Shining Bind

I'm currently looking for some good GFX for Judgment.

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »

I agree...but on DSmash?  That would be a really odd place for it, but that's where I'd been thinking of GF.

@Reiner - At the moment I'm thinking of implementing SLB for Kratos in much the same way as I implemented LB for Asch - a thrust and a lightning strike.  Casting Lightning would feel to me like exactly the same thing, sans the thrust.  I can play with graphics and try to make it feel different (and of course the damage/KB would be different too) but ultimately it would feel kind of redundant to me.  I like Lightning better as well, though, so I'm still thinking about it.  What kinds of stuff could I do to make the two moves more different?

So here's an updated moveset (also updated in the OP):
    FTilt: Sonic Thrust
    UTilt: Light Spear?
    DTilt: Grave Blade
    FSmash: Super Lightning Blade
    USmash: Light Spear Cannon
    DSmash: Guardian Field?

B: Fire Ball / Eruption
    ^B: Victory Light Spear?
    >B: Wind Blade / Air Thrust
    vB: Judgment

Final: Shining Bind

I'm currently looking for some good GFX for Judgment.

Instead of using Super Lightning Blade, why not use Hurricane Thrust? It could be put to use for a good combo, and it would have a different feel from Asch.

As for judgment... I haven't the slightest clue at the moment. I will continue to mull it over, though.

Orphan
    Founder Of Watered Down Studios
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Dedicated Hacker Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »

when is this kratos coming out?

corban123
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »

I know this thread is a bit dead, but i was wondering if you leave the files with Asch_ at the beginning, how can you make them work?

roninlast
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 01:33:15 PM »

How far is this thing now?

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: