Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: 'Echo Blade' Zelda: Needs Feedback for Balancing~  (Read 45958 times)
SnesS
Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2009, 08:56:30 PM »

really? I had no idea. the only zelda games i've ever played were seasons&ages, plus the game that came before that one. then I tried Twilight Princess when it came out, and I didnt really like how they changed the game. I looked through DS versions of the game before, but it looks like they changed it too much. Twilight Princess was overall just confusing to get used to (to me of course). I'll have to try and finish Twilight Princess some day though.. I'm still somewhere in the beginning of that game lolz.

And about that "Megaman X1 - Sigma 1st" brstm, I cant seem to find it =x Do you by any chance remember who posted it?

Also, I saw some image changes with Zelda when you switched through colors. Does that work for the Brawl+ code set? It all seems pretty confusing to me to understand =/
1) twilight princess blew mah mind. but honestly, i could only play thru it once or so, then half way thru it again i get bored. the ds ones... i really dont like as much. theyre TOO innovative, u kno? its cool to use the touch pad once in a while, you hafta use it for everything.

2) i make my own brstm files. ifya want, i can send you the sigma music + a lot of other music from different games too.

3) when u say image change, do u mean the custom character screen portraits. i guess it works for brawl+. i dunno how brawl+ works. to my knowledge, theres a program that installs brawl+ for you by installing a code and putting pac files all over the place. dont take mah word for it tho...

freezinboi280
Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »

that would be great, i'd like to see what other brstm's you use as well. but the sigma one is the one i'd like to try out the most. i remember how frustrating it was to get through megaman games on the gameboy color lolz

I never knew how to add codes to the current code you have, so I probably wont mess with that. I remember when I was trying to find out how to add the music code for Brawl+ to get brstm's to work in Brawl+, but I could never find out. Then I read that their newest nightly build release was able to play brstm's, so I kind of changed to that one and never bothered to find out how adding codes work.

But yeah, the character portraits was what I meant.

SnesS
Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »

that would be great, i'd like to see what other brstm's you use as well. but the sigma one is the one i'd like to try out the most. i remember how frustrating it was to get through megaman games on the gameboy color lolz

I never knew how to add codes to the current code you have, so I probably wont mess with that. I remember when I was trying to find out how to add the music code for Brawl+ to get brstm's to work in Brawl+, but I could never find out. Then I read that their newest nightly build release was able to play brstm's, so I kind of changed to that one and never bothered to find out how adding codes work.

But yeah, the character portraits was what I meant.

i made this post a while ago
http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=2279.0

freezinboi280
Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2009, 10:02:02 PM »

yeah I saw your post just earlier today when I was searching for the megaman song, except the downloads werent there, except for a dragon ball one.

kiro
Mega Kitten

Mah boi! Blood is what true vampires strive for!

• Awards Featured Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #94 on: September 26, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »

I seem to be having a problem with the moveset. I put it in Zelda's folder and named it FitZelda.pac, but her moveset is still the same. I can't figure out what went wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #95 on: September 26, 2009, 11:08:28 PM »

yeah I saw your post just earlier today when I was searching for the megaman song, except the downloads werent there, except for a dragon ball one.
    thats the thing. u hafta request it then ill post it cuz its annoying to upload ALL of them

freezinboi280
    Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #96 on: September 26, 2009, 11:19:10 PM »

I seem to be having a problem with the moveset. I put it in Zelda's folder and named it FitZelda.pac, but her moveset is still the same. I can't figure out what went wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

on your SD card, did you make sure that the file has the file extension ".pac"? Because sometimes, usually on Windows XP, some of the .pac files didnt have the extension at the ending after extracting the files.

thats the thing. u hafta request it then ill post it cuz its annoying to upload ALL of them

ohh ok
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:20:27 PM by freezinboi280 » Logged

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: September 27, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »

on your SD card, did you make sure that the file has the file extension ".pac"? Because sometimes, usually on Windows XP, some of the .pac files didnt have the extension at the ending after extracting the files.

ohh ok

Along with what he said, maybe you have a Sheik PSA that's too big? That could be the problem.

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »

ohh ok

Along with what he said, maybe you have a Sheik PSA that's too big? That could be the problem.

I think that may be it. but it doesn't reqally make sense I'm using the Echo Blade Sheik. Is there a different version of Sheik's PSA that will let me use Zelda's or vice-versa?

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »

ohh ok

I think that may be it. but it doesn't reqally make sense I'm using the Echo Blade Sheik. Is there a different version of Sheik's PSA that will let me use Zelda's or vice-versa?

http://rapidshare.com/files/283656949/EBZeldav1.0__Sheikv1.5.rar

Here, these two WILL work together...at least on MY Wii. Rename them FitSheik.pac and FitZelda.pac apropriately, and put them in the right folders. Until I find time to shrink Zelda, these'll do.

kiro
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »

Thanks! They work perfectly now!

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #101 on: September 30, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »

why am i in a lot of quotes? my quote had nothing to do with zelda or shiek.
    lolzlolzlolz

BOING! ZOOM ZOOM!
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:06:45 PM by S.N.E.S.S. » Logged

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: October 01, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

Haha, time to finally respond to you, Shirochigo! Azn
    I actually preferred Zelda's regular Down Tilt cause it was so evil. xD But... Hm... I'm not so sure at the moment. Anyway I've been playing around as Echo Blade Zelda and I noticed a few things.

I plan to...make it more useful? I dunno how at the moment...maybe I'll reduce the knockback a little so it's more combo-able.

Her USmash can't seem to hit characters who are shorter than her if they aren't on the side where the last hit is and they just escape it. Maybe you could give it a stronger pulling effect? If that's too overpowered then ignore me. xD

Dash U-Smash works wonders, trust me. Azn One of my bread-and-butter combos: D-Throw, dash, U-Smash. Quick damage.

For some reason her new DSmash doesn't seem as strong as her original one. It's rather minor to me so it's not a problem but I'm just sayin'.

I purposely made it like that, because it has three hitboxes and has pretty good range. I spam it anyway, and the knockback does get a lot stronger at higher percents.

Her Dash Attack goes REALLY far and most of the time for no reason. It hits the target a few times and then zooms past them. Perhaps that is what you were going for? Hit and run? If so then I understand and also ignore this.

Weird, every time I use this it seems to combo into itself, and then leave the opponent ready to combo. Maybe I should start playing some real people, to see if it can be DIed out of.
    After using her Neutral Special and then doing a Bair... What does that even do? xD I haven't even been able to successfully hit someone with it yet. Not even a training dummy. That's pretty much it for me. Otherwise Zelda seems pretty okay to me.

I do plan to revamp the 'Sacred' moves, b/c at the moment they're all pretty useless.
    Plans:
    - I'll probably map the B-Air to N-Air, and by tapping A you can hover or drag your opponent along with you. - F-Air will be put on B-Air, and it'll hit behind her [BThrow Aanimation]. Makes it a little less awkward.
    - N-Air will be mapped to F-Air: I'll probably give it a little more knockback and make her move forward, so this move can actually be used. =P

Does that sound okay?
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:27:17 PM by .Fade » Logged

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #103 on: October 01, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »

.Fade, whats ur new project?

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: October 01, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »

.Fade, whats ur new project?

Right now I'm working on Blanka DK, and I'll clean up Zelda while I'm at it...maybe I'll even give Sheik a new move Azn

I might also make a second Sheik thanks to Alma's 'Clone Engine', if DK turns out well. I wanna base it off a combo of Cammy/Chun-Li/Juri. That should be pretty fun.

But yeah. My real goal, Project Phantom? Until I have a reasonable amount of free time on my hands, it's still only in my mind, ruminating an such.

That's my portfolio as of now Azn

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8
    Print
    Jump to: