Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: brstm error  (Read 3487 times)
namine207
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »

Hello,

I just recently started putting my own music into super smash brothers brawl. I used music from the brawl vault and put it into the game the way that the wiki dictated, and it appears in the game just fine. However, at certain points in the audio, the sound becomes messed up. I redownloaded the .brstm, put it on my memory stick, and ran it again. This time, the audio became messed up at a different part of the song.

Is this a loading error?

Thanks,
Nami

Difegue
Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »

backup everything, format stick, put everything back, try again

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:28:48 PM »

Pay close attention to the Sample Rate of your BRSTM.  It is heavily recommended that your BRSTM's Sample Rate is set to 32000 Hz, as that's the Sample Rate that all Brawl BRSTMs use.

If the Sample Rate of your BRSTM is 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz, it will very likely behave in an erratic manner in-game.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

and I should add, that I had this problem when the card was near full (at about 400MB remaining) and using gecko.

and 100MB remaining on riivoloution.

there were some random problems i had where the thing was merging multiple brstms randomly or erratic playback if i did not let the rendering complete undisturbed.

try the format method and try again, otherwise have your card at least 20% free space (if the loading speed is the issue).

on a side note: if any brstms you got from brawl vault were uploaded by me, they are ALL in 44100HZ

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »

on a side note: if any brstms you got from brawl vault were uploaded by me, they are ALL in 44100HZ

That's not good.  In a similar manner, brawlcustommusic.com has BRSTMs that use 48000 Hz Sample Rates, but I've mostly seen that with Sonic-related games.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:49:01 PM »

For the record, I've never had a problem with brstm's that were 44100 hz or 48000 hz. In fact that seems to be the norm from what I've downloaded. Though, the majority of my music (save for 1 or two, can't remember which) uploads were at 32000 hz. I really doubt that that's the problem and I'm more inclined to think something's up with your sd card.

Here's something to try out first: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276253
    This'll convert your brstm rates to 32000 hz without having to use brawlbox to export and re-import.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:12:12 PM »

That's not good.  In a similar manner, brawlcustommusic.com has BRSTMs that use 48000 Hz Sample Rates, but I've mostly seen that with Sonic-related games.

Yah I am pinned to use that because of the rendering methods I use in Sony ACID to render wavs, where brawlbox rejects the wav if i dont make it 44100hz, (I do have the 48000HZ option, but i grab 44100 and 48000 hz MP3s off of youtube to use in my brstm projects

but still, despite the way i make my brstms, the outcome is excelent on my end when i use Riivoloution To hack the music, I get NO peoblems, but when i hack it with Gecko, ALL NEW brstms i add to my card get the random distortion/static/jumping to other brstm music on the card.  so this is why I make my loops as small as possible

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:47 AM »

The hz issue is only with the FPC as Phantom Wings even stated it

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 05:57:05 AM »

FPC? What's that?

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

File Patch code

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 02:21:48 PM »

Riivo loads music of all HZ rates. FPC does not

to add to the original issue, it sounds like corruption. Follow what the first reply states

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: