Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11
Author Topic: Dantarion's done it again!  (Read 48594 times)
DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »

Clone engine,Stage Roster Expansion,File patcher code with music working,getting alloys to CSS,alot of PSAs with working SFX/SFX packs and for sure more is not for PAL so i dont think that will work for pal too

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »

I don't see why it can't be for PAL...all he did (I think) was rewrite/add directories and make custom names for the costume file names....

There may be hope just yet, then.

Clone engine,Stage Roster Expansion,File patcher code with music working,getting alloys to CSS,alot of PSAs with working SFX/SFX packs and for sure more is not for PAL so i dont think that will work for pal too

Clone Engine I don't give a crap about (clones were removed in Melee, why are we adding them back AGAIN after complaining about them?), Stage Roster Expansion is meh (The only stages I've wanted to hack were Pictochat, Hanenbow, and all the Melee stages except Big Blue, and I've set up Riivolution to change a specific stage on Hanenbow so I can change a stage when I want to), File Patcher Code is fail (Hi Riivolution doing a better job at it), Alloys are a joke (OH GOODIE I CAN PLAY WITH B-ATTACKLESS CLONES... would be better to just port the models to the original characters), and PSAs being silent are the least of my worries (Makes Max Onslaught much less annoying, and Gray Fox much more epic).

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »

That stuff would all be possible on PAL, just nobody has made the codes for it.

And the Clone Engline isn't really for clones. It would be intended for people who want to add PSAs without replacing the original characters.

Jaklub
    Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »

If it was that simple, it probably would have been done dozens of times already.
    Clone Engine I don't give a crap about (clones were removed in Melee, why are we adding them back AGAIN after complaining about them?), Stage Roster Expansion is meh (The only stages I've wanted to hack were Pictochat, Hanenbow, and all the Melee stages except Big Blue, and I've set up Riivolution to change a specific stage on Hanenbow so I can change a stage when I want to), File Patcher Code is fail (Hi Riivolution doing a better job at it), Alloys are a joke (OH GOODIE I CAN PLAY WITH B-ATTACKLESS CLONES... would be better to just port the models to the original characters), and PSAs being silent are the least of my worries (Makes Max Onslaught much less annoying, and Gray Fox much more epic).
    To have no barriers while installing Brawl hacks, you HAVE to get NTSC-U.

Sad.

And you clearly don't know what Clone Engine is really for. (personally, I believe this stuff will never ever get finished, but hopefully I'm wrong)
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:51:11 AM by Jaklub » Logged

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:27 AM »

Clone Engine I don't give a crap about (clones were removed in Melee, why are we adding them back AGAIN after complaining about them?)

Do you even understand what the clone engine is?  Judging from the idiocy of this comment, no you probably don't.  

Melee's clones and clone engine clones are two completely different concepts.  For one, Melee clones were characters claiming to be new ones but they clearly weren't.  They were a waste of a slot.  The Clone Engine means that you get an exact duplicate of an already existing character.  At the moment, it just works for replacing (i.e. porting Ike) which means that you can have multiple hacked characters that use Ike as a basis (i.e. Cloud+Naurto+Ike etc) whilst getting rid of useless characters.  As time progresses, they may even be able to add entirely new characters (this is unlikely though due to file constraints)

Jaklub
    Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »

Melee's clones and clone engine clones are two completely different concepts.  For one, Melee clones were characters claiming to be new ones but they clearly weren't.  They were a waste of a slot.  The Clone Engine means that you get an exact duplicate of an already existing character.  At the moment, it just works for replacing (i.e. porting Ike) which means that you can have multiple hacked characters that use Ike as a basis (i.e. Cloud+Naurto+Ike etc) whilst getting rid of useless characters.  As time progresses, they may even be able to add entirely new characters (this is unlikely though due to file constraints)
    Hey, aren't the file constraints the problem of Gecko?

(if not, please correct)

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:01 AM »

I know what the Clone Engine is for which is exactly why I'm not giving a crap about it. I don't need another version of a character on the roster with different moves, I'm fine with just the vertexes of the characters themselves. (CloudIke for example)

But this Additional Costume thing? It's a bloody must.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »

Actually, most of the Hacking gods are NTSC-U AND NTSC-J(Don't Forget Y.S and Bero).

At one point there were porters, but they have been MIA for 2 years.

Nice to see more slots, but that common5.pac file size limit is a annoying. If only someone tested this theory but with the CSS pac.

I have found a way to use 176x176 ssp images, so it won't be needed to resize images:

If you only use a sc_selmap.pac whose size is bigger than original the game will freeze, but if you replace your custom sc_selmap.pac in the common5.pac too and use wiiscrubber to insert both (the modified common5.pac and sc_selmap.pac) in a .iso the game won't crash. I have tested it only replacing with wiiscrubber and works but I haven't tried the file patch code (although I think it does not work).

Then, my hypotesis is that sc_selmap_en, sc_selcharacter_en and sc_selcharacter2_en are size-dependant (they haven't a real filesize limit). The filesize of all of them should be less than the filesize that each one would occupy in the common5.pac file.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »

Actually, most of the Hacking gods are NTSC-U AND NTSC-J(Don't Forget Y.S and Bero).

At one point there were porters, but they have been MIA for 2 years.

Nice to see more slots, but that common5.pac file size limit is a annoying. If only someone tested this theory but with the CSS pac.

Though, Bero is working with NTSC-U and try to port his work and others' works for NTSC J after.

DDM: Your goals concerning the Brawl Hacking community are just too little. Everyone knows you're just interested in CSS Expansion (You said it over the Clone Engine Progression Thread, the Stage Roster Expansion thread, and over any thread regarding a new code or hack being developed) but, it being your only concern doesn't meanms it's gotta be ours. So please, you and the rest, stop this debate. lol
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:16:31 AM by Wolfric » Logged

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »

Meh, good hack but for me it is unnecessary.
    He should concentrate on the Clone Engine I see what you did there ...
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:37:51 PM by Omega Malkior » Logged

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 03:43:39 PM »

You call them too little, I call them "godlike" in terms of PAL extreme hacks. With all due respect, I'd just want this to be ported first -- the others can be ported in their own time, but until I somehow manage to grow bored of having more than 6 costumes on characters, that's the only one I'd ever need to lengthen the lifetime of my Brawl.

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »

...Not being for PAL is awesome? -_-

I should gut you for saying that. >_> It's like PAL always has been the garbage bin of Brawl hacking. Freaking hell, I shouldn't be forced to get the US version just to get this working. What's with PAL always being the [censored] butt monkeys? Explain, people!

Fantastic Racism much?
    He didn't say not being for Pal is awesome, he said that usually all the good stuff like this is never Pal...

Also, it wouldn't make sense if Naruto fought with a backwards Kunai and summoned random meteors now would it? Clone Engine isn't for making the same character over another. It allows you to have even more. Like Sephiroth vs Kratos Aurion.
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:57:03 PM by xZedkiel » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »

To have no barriers while installing Brawl hacks, you HAVE to get NTSC-U.

The thing is, even if I did get US Brawl, the barrier would still remain to everyone else in the PAL region. We're not talking about people that already made the switch (not that it would help destroy said barrier, but whatever), I'm talking about semi-average people who just got hacks on their Wii and just heard of this. They have no expertise on getting the US version, so then what? Are they just tossed aside like tissues?

Hell, maybe if we had someone else just as epic with enough time to port the codes to PAL, or make their own awesome codes, it would be a different story. In fact, for all we know, it could either be three to six lines of code.

Also, it wouldn't make sense if Naruto fought with a backwards Kunai and summoned random meteors now would it? Clone Engine isn't for making the same character over another. It allows you to have even more. Like Sephiroth vs Kratos Aurion.

You didn't get my way of explaining -- what I meant is that I'd only want the vertexes themselves over Ike. If I want to play as Cloud, I'll turn on his PSA on Riivolution. If I want to play as Naruto (even if I don't particularly like him), I'll turn on his PSA on Riivolution. Sure, it may be weird and nonsensical, but if we're going by that logic, how can ROB move he was supposed to be a mostly inanimate object? >_>
    « Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:03:52 PM by LC-DDM » Logged

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »

Clone engine is better than more costume slots.
    'nuff said

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »

Haha, yes, clones of characters over "useless" characters is much better than actually giving more choices to the "useless" characters, having a wide and varied range of costumes.

nope.avi

At best though, probably mixing both... that should be enough to house all the Shadow hacks for Sonic while putting him in a slot different than Sonic's.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: