Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Is Zeratul A Character You Would Try Out?
Yes, I Will Even Try The Betas! - 3 (18.8%)
Yes, But Only Finished Character. - 1 (6.3%)
Maybe, Gotta See Where It's Going First. - 7 (43.8%)
No, I Think Another Character Would Be Worth The Effort. - 2 (12.5%)
No, I Do Not Want Anything To Do With This. - 3 (18.8%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Challenger Approaching: Zeratul  (Read 4088 times)
WackaAlpaca
Advanced Kitten

Working For The Weekend.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 04, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »

Hello, this is a thread to announce my work on Zeratul (Starcraft).

If you have any suggestions, possible partnerships on this project, or ideas on moves, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will keep this thread updated; with where I am in the project, screenshots of current builds, possibly movies later on. So come back regularly if you love Zeratul like I do.

And feel free to post a thumbs up or thumbs down if you do not approve of Zeratul being created. I would love to hear arguments why or why not either way.

Thanks for reading, and check back soon.                                                  Thanks for reading, and check back soon.                                                  Thanks for reading, and check back soon.                                                  Thanks for reading, and check back soon.

The Poll!
         Hey, I have slapped down a poll to see where everyone is at for this project; because, I have quite a few views, but no replies. Hopefully this will encourage more feedback.
    I Have Decided To Leave The Poll Up Untill I Release The First Beta Moveset. This Date Will Most Likely Be In Around One Month Time. Looking Forward To It!

~ NEW CONTENT ~

Screenshots!
         Hey, in this section I will display all of the new screenshots of anything I feel needed to be shot, with screens.
    So check out the new screenshots and drool.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5209/zeratulv032.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2254/zeratulv03.jpg

I have made the new texture (Zeratul.05), and he looks better every update. I have to put the pics of him on here sometime tommorow, as it is my Mom's birthday and I won't be home. But look forward to it!
    The links to pictures here, are Zeratul.04, and as such are not what he looks like now.

Help Section!
         Hey, this section will be for me, to ask help, from you!
    So, if you are wandering by this thread, and say "Hey! I know how to do that!"
    Drop me a line, and I'll reply, with great thanks.

Problem 1:
              Currently, I am using Marth (Seen in screenshots) for the Zeratul build. I desperately want to change the Side B move (power slash combo) to a Green streak instead of red. I cannot locate the colour graphic for it. I really need this, because, Zeratul does not rock the red sword; he rocks the green. Please answer below. Thanks in advance!

Problem 2:
              Right now, I am working on making Marth's down B (Counter attack) be "cloaked" untill he is hit, then it goes to normal attack animation. So, here is where i am:
    I went to Specials 115 (down B special).
    I went to the indicated Sub Action 1EA.
    This has intangibility frames, so i thought this could be the part where he actually waits to be hit.
    Now, I need to insert a "Make Marth alpha 0%" to make him invisible.
    Then, add one after "Stop making Marth invisible" or "Now, make Marth alpha 100%".
    Please respond if you know how to do this, I do know it is possible, but as this is my first project, I'm learning everyday. Thanks in advance!

~ NEW SECTION ~

Moveset Section!
         Hey! I do not really know how to explain this section becuase it should be so obvious; But here I go!
    The Moveset Section! is devoted to showing all the little changes I am making, or have made to Marth, and his moves, to make him behave more like Zeratul would.

I'm going to explain the overall feel i am going for here. I want Zeratul to be a bit slower than average, weightier, more one hit oriented than combo oriented. So, in essence, he will be Ganondorf with his sword, but faster less heavy. Imagine that, and you got Zeratul's style of figthing. Sorry for lengthy description.  Awesome Face

Movement and Jumping:
         Ok, so as we know, Marth is one fast trucker. So I needed to alter alot of attributes, and animation to make it look slower.
         Change 1: I slowed Marth ALOT. I changed all of Marth's attributes to Ike's. Because, when I edited them myself, it froze.
         Change 2: I made Marth's jumping height, the same as Ike's, again, for the whole freezing thing.
         Change 3: I switched the Forwards double jump animation to the Backwards double jump animation. So, Zeratul does really cool frog flips everywhere.
         Change 4: I switched the Running animation with WalkFast animation because WalkFast actually fit the speed of Ike (Normal run look like moon walk).

Attacks
         Yea, Marth is probably one of the most combo-centric characters in the entire game, so switching him to a more powerful stlye is gonna be tricky.
         Change 1: I switched the UpThrow animation with the animation for throwing an item up, in the air. And if I may say so, it looks sweet.
         Change 2: I switched the FrontThrow animation to the SideTaunt animation.
         Change 3: I switched the DownThrow animation with the DownA attack animation.
         Change 4: I switched the BackThrow animation to the DownTaunt animation.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 08:58:45 AM by WackaAlpaca » Logged

"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »

One word:

Kerrigan

alexdaman76
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

woot Zeratul ftw Cheesy

WackaAlpaca
    Advanced Kitten

Working For The Weekend.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 07:56:38 PM »

Updated:
         New section: Help!
         New Content: Zeratul V.04 Screenshots

"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul

WackaAlpaca
    Advanced Kitten

Working For The Weekend.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 09:00:06 AM »

Updated:
         New Section: Moveset Section!
         New Content: Screenshots!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: