Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: A Little Disappointed...  (Read 13134 times)
KeiroStarr
Mega Kitten

I was Born for Awesomeness

View Profile Awards
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

I gotta know, am I the only one who is annoyed by the lack of NSFW, Mortal Kombat, Digimon and WWE themed SSBB hacks out there?

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »

I'm actually annoyed at the lack of creative hacks
    (something not from another game)

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

I was Born for Awesomeness

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 12:43:14 AM »

True, but I have certain tastes. I don't know about you guys, but since that chick Kharma debuted at WWE Extreme Rules, I was hoping someone would make her in Brawl, preferably over Bowser.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:42:26 AM »

i am only annoyed for ppl hacks of vertex/moveset of a Unknown anime/game/whatever char. almost no one knows
    thats why i started Dragonbrawl Project since dragonball is one of the most popular animes in the world
    before this project we got Kid goku vertex+adult Goku+import from a other game(kid goku too)
    but instead of saying you is annoyed for something why not try to do something about
    like i did with Shadow over DK. so Shadow is no longer over Sonic
    and i did with getting more Dragonball chars.
    and same for mario with a hammer moveset(SMBZ mario)
    and now i am trying to learn vertex for make models to my movesets too Cheesy+not giving up on Animations i still trying to make them
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:04:12 AM by MarioDK » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »

Why is this locked?

EDIT: Since there was no answer, this thread is now unlocked.
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:57:29 PM by Haku-men » Logged

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:47:17 AM »

he probably locked it himself after getting pwnd by chibikowskie xDDDD
    and i totally agree with him, if u want something done, u better do it urself

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:59 AM »

the lack of NSFW
    What is this, i don't even..

he probably locked it himself after getting pwnd by chibikowskie xDDDD
    and i totally agree with him, if u want something done, u better do it urself
    ^This, couldn't have said it better myself actually xD

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:18:46 AM »

Creative hacks don't get many downloads. People don't like making them.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 06:19:50 AM »

<_> Hey mine was from a game and it didn't get much downloads anyway so that logic is faluty. >:V

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 06:39:29 AM »

I'm more annoyed about something else.  Those who have followed my texture updates will probably know my story.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »

Creative hacks don't get many downloads. People don't like making them.

>_>
    Most of my Creative hacks have 300-400 Dl's each...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:51:57 AM by DrPanda » Logged

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS ARGUING ON THE INTERNET
    i am only annoyed for ppl hacks of vertex/moveset of a Unknown anime/game/whatever char. almost no one knows

Maybe because they want their unknown anime/game/etc to be known? It's always nice to find out about a cool game or something you didn't play or watch and discovered through a hack. And still, most of the hacks here are pretty common, except maybe the rare touhou stuff or whatever is unknown to you. People do hacks of what they like anyway, why are you basically criticizing people's tastes?

thats why i started Dragonbrawl Project since dragonball is one of the most popular animes in the world

oh my god make it stop please
    Basically, you started your own project because you wanted to promote your favorite animu? That's what everyone else basically does, why would you want people to switch to making dragon ball chars? Oh right, because you can't vertex and want people to bring more overdone animu into brawl. gj.
    Unless you just started it out of attention whoring because dbz[censored]s are everywhere, in case gj²

before this project we got Kid goku vertex+adult Goku+import from a other game(kid goku too)
    but instead of saying you is annoyed for something why not try to do something about

I'll agree with that, but there's no point in saying that what other people do annoys you. Actually, this whole thread is pretty useless! I'm glad it got unlocked so I can tell you you're an idiot through.

like i did with Shadow over DK. so Shadow is no longer over Sonic
    and i did with getting more Dragonball chars.
    and same for mario with a hammer moveset(SMBZ mario)
    and now i am trying to learn vertex for make models to my movesets too Cheesy+not giving up on Animations i still trying to make them

jk, nice advertising broski

aaaand by the way people, there's a difference between creative hacks and lol original character do not steal sonic recolors.
    also yes pls we need more badly done nude textures for every vertex get on it get on it

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »

whats is your problem
    i am just trying to tell ppl try to atleast learn PSA/vertex/whatever instead spamming requests boards(as many do like one named blackfox with 100x DBZ movesets Requests)
    and some sure also know 1/9999999999999999999999999 requests come true only one request for a moveset i saw come true(a geno PSA over Lucas made by kingjiggy),CSPs always come true since it is 5min work and sometimes textures and rarely vertex

and many agreed then i said why i made this Dragonbrawl project
    also many will agree Dragonball is as popular as Pokemon,naturo,sonic,Mario

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »

WARNING: THIS CONTAINS ARGUING ON THE INTERNET
    Maybe because they want their unknown anime/game/etc to be known? It's always nice to find out about a cool game or something you didn't play or watch and discovered through a hack. And still, most of the hacks here are pretty common, except maybe the rare touhou stuff or whatever is unknown to you. People do hacks of what they like anyway, why are you basically criticizing people's tastes?

oh my god make it stop please
    Basically, you started your own project because you wanted to promote your favorite animu? That's what everyone else basically does, why would you want people to switch to making dragon ball chars? Oh right, because you can't vertex and want people to bring more overdone animu into brawl. gj.
    Unless you just started it out of attention whoring because dbz[censored]s are everywhere, in case gj²

This right here is extremely hypocritical.  You say that he's criticizing people's tastes for not caring about random anime characters from unknown series, then you go about criticizing him for liking DBZ and actually taking the initiative to set up his own project?  He's putting a lot of effort into it at the moment, especially with PSAs etc.  And he's also putting the effort in to try and LEARN HOW TO VERTEX so he can do parts of the project more independently.  Collaborated projects are everywhere.  Go to Smashboards and you'll find the place littered with that kind of thing.

Also, you're in the minority about the whole random unknown anime hacks thing.  The download count is evident of this.  They don't get downloaded, because people don't care unless it's evident that a lot of effort has been put into them (and I mean A LOT of effort).  It's largely due to the fact that a lot of anime characters have this sort of generic set feel about them.  They all look largely similar (unless again, they're done really well).  Look at the Peach section of the vault to know exactly what I'm talking about.  It consists largely of anime maids and schoolgirls that no-one could give a flying f*** about because they ALL LOOK SO ALIKE (and they already retain a lot of Peach's look).  People like their hacks to have a somewhat unique feel to them, as well as looking really good.  

These random anime characters are barely any more creative than the countless churns of Shadow and Cloud hacks.  A lot of them use a pre-set base coupled with a rather uninspired looking texture.  But a minority grow into this delusion it is better simply because of the fact that it is completely unknown and doesn't get recognition.  They aren't.  Simple fact.  Deal with it.

I'm not criticizing how people do them mind.  Brawlvault is a free place like deviantART.  People have their right to post whatever they want, be it a crappy Sonic fan character or poorly represented character from an unknown anime series.  I'm more criticizing the fact that you are undermining an opinion and being completely hypocritical.

I'll agree with that, but there's no point in saying that what other people do annoys you. Actually, this whole thread is pretty useless! I'm glad it got unlocked so I can tell you you're an idiot through.

Again, complete hypocricy.  And pointlessly calling somebody an idiot doesn't get your point across any better.

jk, nice advertising broski

aaaand by the way people, there's a difference between creative hacks and lol original character do not steal sonic recolors.
    also yes pls we need more badly done nude textures for every vertex get on it get on it

I fail to see how this has anything to do with what MarioDK was saying, but I might as well shine some more light on the situation

"Creative

–adjective
    having the quality or power of creating.
    resulting from originality of thought, expression, etc.; imaginative: creative writing.
    originative; productive (usually followed by of )."

In the context of a hack, this does not necessarily mean that the character has to be unknown or made up.  A hack of a well known character can easily be done in a creative way as well.  Somebody could interpret the character in their own way (awesome example: see Calamitas' Clouby, Dederoth and Shadow the Kong) or even if it's for a moveset the creator could attempt to bring their own sort of charm, style and quirkiness to the moveset.  It's what I attempted to do with my Cloud PSA and moreso with my Viewtiful Joe PSA.  I execute my PSAs in my own way, even if they're of well known characters.   Creativity comes down to how the creator of the hack interprets what they're hacking.

Original characters (even if they were made entirely from the creator's imagination) =/= Creative characters

(the above bit was more directed at Tcll rather than you).

Now I could probably say a lot more, but I've said too much already and I can't be asked; so I will just leave you with this piece of smexy awesomeness:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctNiB6k4cs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctNiB6k4cs</a>
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:00:15 PM by SDo0m BuShIn » Logged

Difegue
    Mega Kitten

This post is bakas

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »

I actually kinda like dbz, don't get me wrong. I just found it stupid to be all like "I don't like it when people do hacks that I don't know anything about" when people do those on their free time.
    And I know he's trying to learn to vertex, which I congratulate him about because I don't have the time or a good enough computer to get good at it. Im srs here

Who cares if they don't get downloads? Do you do your hacks only so people can be all like "oh wow dis is awsum have my downloads" Sure it's nice to have people like your stuff, but there's gotta be hacks for everyone. Althrough there's always a mix between hacks that appeal to your personal experience and the overall quality of the hack. I personally wouldn't download a simple texture on Peach that makes her look like some character I know, for example.
    Vertexing is a hard thing to do, and I mostly respect people's work, but some times you see stuff that isn't that good and gets mass downloads due to nostalgia value. (not quoting examples because I'll get flamed to hell for it)

But a minority grow into this delusion it is better simply because of the fact that it is completely unknown and doesn't get recognition.  They aren't.  Simple fact.  Deal with it.
    oh right it's niche so it's cool, best stereotype thanks a lot

And about creativity, I agree on the fact creative doesn't always mean original. I was talking more to Tcll, and kinda messed up my wording, so sorry about that. I also enjoy stages or psas that go out of the norm to try to innovate. 404's Gravity chamber is pretty awesome!

Anyway, I wasn't being hypocritical. I just don't think it's good to undermine hacks that aren't massively known just because. And maybe they're badly done, but as you said:
    Brawlvault is a free place like deviantART.  People have their right to post whatever they want, be it a crappy Sonic fan character or poorly represented character from an unknown anime series.
    (maybe I went slightly overboard calling him an idiot but man am I tired of seeing DBZ DBZ YAY DBZ everywhere god damn)

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: