Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: Project Rock On! Rockman Dash/Megaman Volnutt - ON HOLD FOR NOW  (Read 32242 times)
PlaqueOne
Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 24, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »

First Public Release (Beta 1.0)

Obviously this is not only the first beta (therefor prepare for some bugs/glitches, sloppy animations and overall incompleteness) but Rockman originally started as my personal learning project without the intention to share it later. But as things go this one turned out better then i hoped so MAYBE some of you might enjoy this none the less. again credits go to digiholic ( who originally started a very similar project a while ago ) for having the original idea and doing most of the model injection stuff back then.

even though this is far from complete it's still very well playable. Known issues so far:
    Guard-Glitch: If you Guard Rocks shield is very small so ... well ... he can't really guard at all.

Grappling Glitch: If Rock is beeing thrown by an enemy he flys of in random directions, eventually leaves the screen and dies.

Random Spawn Glitch: On some stages Rock will spawn at very random places after he dies. This is most noticeable on rainbow cruise where rock spawns outside of the screen and therefor he instantly dies again  Im srs here

The Final Smash is a placeholder instead of a full fledged attack. I wasn't able to fully remove rob's final smash for some unknown reason.

Rockman has several sets of hands/weapons one over another

Public Beta 1.1 + WIP stuff
    Notice that this DL is slightly different from what I released at the Brawl Vault. It features pretty much everything I created along with the actual release (LOTS of wip animations, textures and all that stuff). So if you want to give Rock modding a try yourself be sure to get this one instead of the Brawl Vault version.

Developement team:
    IWasAPerson - Technical support
    SmashHackers  - Animation, PSA
    frostymm - Animation, Technical support
    Emeril127 - Animation (probably)
    ssbbtailsfan - Sound
    digiholic - Model ripping and injection
    PlaqueOne - PSA, Animation, Lead organiziation

UPDATE 1: ssbbtailsfan has released his soundmod in cooperation with project rock on!

UPDATE 2: Some People might have expected this already: I have to put this project on hold for now :/ ... Im really sorry for all of you out there who waited patiently just to be disappointed YET AGAIN T_T

It's just that i started studying at university and don't have the time to keep organizing and working on this in the way I should. Therefor I might as well just release everything we've done so far (Download will be provided in a few days i guess) and give someone else the opportunity to continue our work or try their own approach.

IF someone wants to continue this Project i might still be able and willing to help out with animation and PSA ... its the organiziation (telling people what to do, aquiring new developers, maintain this thread and stuff like that) that i can't afford anymore Sad

So if you want to take over my place as an executive produce just say in this thread or send me a PM. I really hope someone got a heart for volnutt as i really don't want to see this thing dead.

until then,
    greetz PlaqueOne
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:54:07 PM by PlaqueOne » Logged

Micaiah
    Marvel vs Capcom freak.
    Hyper Kitten

Dem SwagGirls

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »

Yay! I'm so loving this... I always wanted Volnutt in brawl, can't wait to see ths finished =]

3ds FC: 1134-7732-2469

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »

The effects are looking great. As much as I dislike Volnutt, he's still Megaman, and it's looking great so far. Great job!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »

Interesting.  I'm not a fan of Volnutt either (in fact, he's by far my least favourite Megaman) but I'll try this out.  Quick question though before I download it, who is he over?

Micaiah
    Marvel vs Capcom freak.
    Hyper Kitten

Dem SwagGirls

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »

It's over ROB, which makes me love this even more =]
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:35:43 PM by Micaiah » Logged

PlaqueOne
    Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »

Quick question though before I download it, who is he over?
    sry I thought that was clear. He is over RoB. which is probably the main appeal about this hack since everythings better than rob 

The effects are looking great.
    thx but thats most likely just the screenshots ^^ ... i could do a lot of stuff better right now but as i started brawl hacking this was everything i could pull off.

Yay! I'm so loving this... I always wanted Volnutt in brawl, can't wait to see ths finished =]
    Thx but it will porbably take a while since a lot of stuff needs to be redone for the next release ^^

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:39:49 PM »

sry I thought that was clear. He is over RoB. which is probably the main appeal about this hack since everythings better than rob 

My fault actually XD  I shoulda just clicked on the mediafire link (cuz the zip clearly says "Megaman Volnutt over ROB".

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:29:55 PM »

Trigger over ROB! Im happy to see that i could get rid of this guy for good.

Herculeswill22
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Starstormer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »

Awesome! Somebody made a megaman that doesn't look retarded!

If there is evil in this world
    it lurks in the hearts of men.
    -Edward D. Morrison

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »

Awesome! Somebody made a megaman that doesn't look retarded!

He looks like a dude made of lego with a tacked on human head.  And you're saying that DOESN'T look retarded XD? 

Still, PSA is fun so far.  I'm gonna do a bit more playtesting :3

Micaiah
    Marvel vs Capcom freak.
    Hyper Kitten

Dem SwagGirls

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »

^ I think he was talking about the psa xD

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »

I do have to say this is probably one of the most stable mdlo. import characters made to date.

He's pretty fun to play as (love the final smash BTW)

Can't wait to see the finished product.

PlaqueOne
    Intermediate Kitten

Nipa~

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »

@All: thx im always gratefull for any kind of feedback. As I said i would really like to continue working on this project, but i kinda hit a roadblock. For now none of the problems mentioned could be fixed by me ... since it requires advanced knowledge of Vertex Hacking, Tabuu and probably hex ... all things i cant really pull of.

just as a sidenote: so long dont expect any balanced version or something till the first complete release.

He looks like a dude made of lego with a tacked on human head.  And you're saying that DOESN'T look retarded XD? 
    Thats kinda true but doesn't that count for every megaman  Grin but still one more reason i'd like his alt. outfits to be X and Battle network ^^

Still, PSA is fun so far.  I'm gonna do a bit more playtesting :3
    try the walljump ^^ ... the only thing id maybe leave unchanged in the next update

greetz
    PlaqueOne

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »

Wow, this is really fun to play. Seeing how well this works so far as a TvC import is extremely impressive, remembering how much of a pain TvC Zero is to work with. Great job so far, can't wait to see what else you can do with Volnutt.

And I can help you out with the shield glitch and grab glitch, both of them are related to Volnutt's bone structure. Come to think of it, I'd be more than happy to help you out with animations as well if you want the help. Again, I've worked on the TvC Zero model, and while it's a pain in the ass I know my way around it. Anyways, great job on this, it's really fun.

Lord_of_D:
    Supreme Kitten

:D

• Awards Heart Container Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 04:24:44 PM »

damn, megaman from megaman legends in brawl, i hope what the full version comes soon Happy Face

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 6
    Print
    Jump to: