Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: CaptN CeeGee's Stuff : Chun LI Progress : Improved Side Tilt  (Read 24656 times)
CaptN CeeGee
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »

the main purpose of me wanted feedback is to keep me working on this and maybe get kcmm to do the same for everyone elses stuff. I mean i could be making more low quality animations and get equally(if not better) feedback  - but people wouldnt say a thing about how bad it is because of the rules or just not wanting to be mean. - So i allow that kind of comments/talk, in here atleast.

Kcmm (or atleast psas)would be better if it was that way.

edit: you could even talk about me not updating this in over a week and how slow i am. idc.  I wouldve let this thread die if it wasnt for Dragoon bumping it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:38:52 PM by CaptN CeeGee » Logged

toastoftriumph
Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »

I really do like the work so far.

Comments:
    For the backwards dodge, you might want to bring up her right knee a bit more. From the preview, it looks rather static. Maybe even point her right foot downwards a bit more to exaggerate it. As well, I dislike how much her left leg slides along the floor. I'd either make her do more of a jumping move, and/or extend her leg out farther.

The jump animation is my least favorite so far. The jump is too smooth, and the movements don't start off fast enough. Also, make sure to get the curve of her back correct. From the original animation, her back bends around the time she reaches the peak of the jump.

For the side tilt, since she has her weight on her back foot at the beginning, maybe make her front foot glide forward (a few inches above the ground) as she steps forward using her back leg. I think it should be more of a stepping motion than just a twisting of her legs.

For the forward smash, have you thought about having the charge animation with her hands in front of her, instead of behind and above her head? It would stay more true to the original, and make the animation look less like a copy of Lucario's special. (I'm assuming that because the animation starts with her hands behind her, that you're planning on making the charge end in that position).

For the up smash, something about her head movement is bothering me. It seems to jerk upwards during the second kick, whereas the original has a smooth rise-and-fall movement. I'm not sure if it's too hard to understand what I'm saying or to fix it, but whatever.

Otherwise, the animations look great. I really must commend you on how nice they look so far. Keep up the amazing work!

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »

thnx alot for feedback =p. makes me wnna animate right now.

backdodge...exactly what i thought. I knew it was a bit stiff and also thought that it didnt really look like chun li's because peach didnt tilt as much. I left it like that to see who would say anything and cuz i was a bit lazy lol.

jump... when did that one, it looked way different before i fixed it because it wasnt smooth at all lol.  But ill redo it again. Thnx and it was also my least fav.

side tilt...mhm, i should also add that quick step back.

forward smash...yeh the charge will have the hand in front. And uhh the animation starts with her hand above her yeh the charge ends above/behind her.

upsmash.. the original looks smoother mostly because its faster. But i think i know what you mean.

Again thanks ALOT for the feedback. Although it was just small things that you didnt like, it definitely helped because ima go fix them now.

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 06:07:23 PM »

bump side tilt improved

OLD
    NEW
    Front

Behind

edit:

and thats why i love feedback. Personally i thought that the first s3s animation looked great. But the new one looks even better and more natural.. THnx mario fan. Ill improve the others soon.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:10:38 PM by CaptN CeeGee » Logged

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 06:15:52 PM »

awesome! I love it. It looks perfect!

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

Ty. It took me a few hours just to improve it. All i was going to do was "move her forward" and "lift up the right leg"....ended up seeing other mistakes like the right leg going behind her, the left(front) leg going out into the z axis for no reason, and arching the body a bit more, etc. They all seemed like unimportant things to improve, but in the end, they made the animation look waay better than the first.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God
    Boss Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »

Really good animations are really good!

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »

I would really love to use this =)

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »

u[im in aim chat]see how some people thought my animations were good?

but when mariofan gave some feedback on what needs to be improved...i saw wut  he meant and...uh improved the animation. Now the first animation looks like garbage compared to the newer.  Thats why feedback is needed in kcmm.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »

[censored].. it's like, 20x better then the puke I've been freehanding on Tifa...

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »

these animations are so beautiful.

i can make animations rather well now.

seeing how i use pure sprite sheets. but i don't think you do that. these don't look so, well choppy or artificial.

my only complaint is that it's going over PEACH... meh, if i get desperate i'll just port the model over some other useless character.

so far keep up the good/ great work.

CaptN CeeGee
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 08:58:23 PM »

thnx kit.

Tifa feedback for kit:...viewer disgression advised.
    Your a good animator, but you could be better. Imo, from looking at your tifa thread's final smash vid - it looks very stiff and unnatural.  Also i can see that the hip stays at the same spot the whole time in the beginning. I mean no ones gonna do that high of a kick while standing straight up, so try and tilt the hip.  Then make the body/chest bend a bit so she looks like shes trying to keep upright. There are other things too but i you can probably figure them out. Your good at animating and have talent, but you could be a whole lot better if people would point out the pros and cons.  Im not talking trash about your animations, just trying to give feedback and help. =p.

edit:

@catman - i use the .gif files from the original chun li thread as keyframes for my animations. So yeh, i kind do use spritesheets, or atleast the concept of em.

and lol i can port it over to zs,althought itll be a bit harder since the key frames won't be perfect. But i can always try and add onto bb source code and delete every keyframe translations there is in the animations, instead of doing it frame by frame.  it will just ignore the first keyframe...and blah..blah. lol
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:01:39 PM by CaptN CeeGee » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »

well, i also play samus/zsamus.

liek i said if i get desperate i'll port it over another character. or i'll just appreciate what you've made.

it's really good.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »

Hey uhh.. captn, ya got a long borin summer break ahead right... XD Eh I doubt you'd be interested in requests. But if ya ever get bored.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=26450.msg537718#msg537718 <---- I need those animations over marth. As for the 2D part (if you go to the thread) Here's a hint on who the psa's for.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuXx6vXeZ8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuXx6vXeZ8</a>

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

thnx kit.

Tifa feedback for kit:...viewer disgression advised.
    I know.. why I called it puke of an animation job.. I'm not good >.>

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
    Print
    Jump to: