Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 988354 times)
Oizen
Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3120 on: January 28, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »

#Make KCMM Great Again.

Kidneptune
    Expert Kitten

A Neptunian metal lovin' brawler

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3121 on: January 29, 2017, 03:23:03 AM »

Agreed Oizen. Look I know I wasn't a big part of the community in terms of posting on the forums, but I tried to contribute my work here with quality. It took years to learn the ways of brawl modding. Its a real shame to see this site gathering dust as is. I don't know what I can do to help but I'd love to get behind a plan to bring together a Smash 4 Vault.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3122 on: January 29, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »

In my opinion, I think that if we expanded BrawlBox to be able to handle Smash 4 models as efficiently as it handles Brawl models, then word would spread like wildfire, and they'd also be reminded of Brawl's awesome modding capabilities, as well.

My Main Speculations:

Also, the site isn't necessarily dying. There might not be consistent new introductories all the time like there used to be, but there are still new people on a monthly basis, and new entries in the Vault on a fairly daily basis. I just hope that kc-mm does in fact stay awesome, now that Blender importing is available. Hopefully, after I finish Project Wolf Link and start on Project Recolor, I can start with messing around with Smash 4 modding, seeing if I can figure out a way to import models to Smash 4 with Blender. But even though that's a while off, I think that since my tutorial (If successful, which it likely will be, just like for Blender to Brawl was successful) would be on kc-mm, I'm sure that would increase traffic on kc-mm, because being able to import models to a game with Blender is one of the most anticipated importing type. It's why every major company in the world that makes anything model-related open to the public, like Mixamo, Unity, UDK, Shapeways, or Sketchfab, able to use Blender models.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #3123 on: January 29, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »

Seeing as I'm part of the staff, I should probably answer at least the things that concern me first, then adress some of the more general issues.

I fully admit having mostly deserted the site. This comes from a variety of reasons, one of which being my life taking a couple bad turns in 2015, forcing me to refocus my priorities. Seeing as my last major interaction with the SSBB hacking community resulted in a no-joke panic attack, this place logically was the first to go. I know it's unconsequential to the large scope of the site, but I did legitimately feel bad about dropping the Gaming Challenge. In hindsight, I probably should have left it for good and resigned, but at the time, it seemed like a very temporary break.
    I've tried to get back into the loop now that things have calmed down irl, but it's mostly been limited to hanging around the KCMM Discord Chat. I do intend to become more active again, but not right now.

I'd be pretty hype for seeing a new forum layout though! We don't have any real graphic artists in the team anymore, after Jack H left and SJS became inactive, so any contributions would be a huge help.

Also no, Vyse has not abandoned the Vault's development, but as mentionned, it's a difficult situation when he's the one in the staff who supports us both financially with a job, and on the entire technical side of things. We're gonna try harder to find a way out of that deadend... It's a shame there has to be a big outburst before things start moving, and I really apologize for that.
    We do care about this website though. We may be lazy, or busy, or incomptent, but neither uncaring nor ungrateful. Not with this community.
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 05:52:01 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3124 on: January 29, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »

While I'm not a graphic designer, and therefore can't create stuff from scratch, I'm decent enough at editing pictures and such to be able to make these icons updated, including incorporating into some of the icons(For example, the icon that is at the top of the website, showing all the characters) Smash 4 in addition to Brawl. But yeah, I could easily update a lot of those to look nicer and more modern. I am super-busy, right now though, so it would be multiple months before I could create any, but I'd be happy to upload any of my finished icon edits as .png files.(And these would be in the exact same dimensions as the current ones, with alpha, of course[if applicable])

Also, if you could get the donate button back up, I'd be happy to donate every once in a while(I must admit, I can't donate much at all, since I'm more or less broke atm), but I can only pay with PayPal, so if you could have it be compatible with paying through PayPal, I'd be much obliged.

Also, is there anything technical that I could help out with, so that Vyse isn't killing himself and tearing his hair out? I have little knowledge about HTML, knowing only the very basics, and know a bunch in Java, if that background helps, and I have been told that I'm technical.

P.S. You guys are neither lazy or incompetent, just very busy.  And I feel you.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3125 on: January 29, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »

I stopped posting on the forums for some time already, but there is a few things Ive been meaning to speak about this situation.

And yes I know the majority of the topic involved the "Forum" and not the "Vault", but I feel like posting the matter here may switch certain perspectives.

Brawl Modding isnt dead, and it will not die anytime soon. Allow me to present evidence:

1) Take a look at this:
    https://puu.sh/tG7JY/46c9bc0fb3.txt

This is a ongoing restore log, from a discord server Im in that serves as a Brawl Vault Community Support but for Discord. So far its been pretty successful because of the users that scout out other servers and websites for these files, or using cache magic. For free, and no other insentive than a colored role on discord. with a wooping total of more than 500 already, and the info its not updated on discord yet because its still on going.

2) Im a Brawl Vault staff, and this Christmass only I had to approve more than 100 mods because I went on vacation for two weeks. And today I had other 20 to approve. And Im not the only staff that does this, because when I see the numbers grow and check it again, its back to zero pending mods.

3) I belong in many distinct websites and servers full of aspiring modders ready to release their things, this includes stagers, charater makers, psa'ers and even coders.

4) Perhaps Im seeing less and less vets lately, but Im sure seeing more and more new names as well.

So....

I know you staff members don't give a crap about this forum, but it would be nice to try to revive it.
    You know, so that the work people put into this place years ago doesn't go to waste.

The community still wants the fire to keep on running, and because of that I also care. Sadly, as much as this is a forum affair and Im a bv staff, there is not much I can say on the matter. I will apply for board staff in certain sections that has my specialty (stages) if need be.

Brawl modding has been going on since 2009, so I'm not too surprised that it's dying, especially with Wii U modding taking over a year since release.

Tell that to classic Doom.

Now @Vyse, @Miacis and @Albafika, I would like to support with vector designs for the smash 4 vault.

I have experiences making vector images for smash 3, and Ive been sharpening them via stage making for almost a year and a half.

If you need some help, hit me up.

I said what Ive been itching to say for a while now, and so Im no longer needed. Sorry that Im entering the lurker state again... but the community keeps me busy on the vaults  Wink

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #3126 on: January 30, 2017, 01:45:03 PM »

In my opinion, I think that if we expanded BrawlBox to be able to handle Smash 4 models as efficiently as it handles Brawl models, then word would spread like wildfire, and they'd also be reminded of Brawl's awesome modding capabilities, as well.

Smash Forge is a thing. And word of it has already spread like wildfire in the Sm4sh modding community.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:52:16 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3127 on: January 30, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

Awesome, thanks, Nano! Grin I honestly didn't know about that program! However, I do want to at the very least finish with my Blender->Brawl tutorial before I start even tackling installing mods for Smash 4, which will probably be after I finish Wolf Link's model imports, but before I do the main moveset, as that's when I'll start on Project Recolor. Hopefully, with that program able to import .dae files, I will probably be able to spend significantly less time with figuring out how to import Blender models to Smash 4 and making a tutorial than with Blender to Brawl.

Happy Face

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #3128 on: January 30, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »

Awesome, thanks, Nano! Grin I honestly didn't know about that program! However, I do want to at the very least finish with my Blender->Brawl tutorial before I start even tackling installing mods for Smash 4, which will probably be after I finish Wolf Link's model imports, but before I do the main moveset, as that's when I'll start on Project Recolor. Hopefully, with that program able to import .dae files, I will probably be able to spend significantly less time with figuring out how to import Blender models to Smash 4 and making a tutorial than with Blender to Brawl.

Happy Face

Right now, we export the .dae from Max, import it into Noesis, then export it as a .dae from Noesis, then import that into Forge.

Forge currently has the filesize bloat issue that BBox used to have, but at least we can get model imports working.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3129 on: January 30, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »

Can it also export the existing bones in .dae format, in a similar way, by exporting .dae of the model with the bones, in Noesis exporting that to another .dae?

Also, what filesize bloat issue?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3130 on: January 30, 2017, 04:43:18 PM »

Filesize bloat means it ups the file size for no good reason. I think I remember hearing about that a while ago with BrawlBox.

Also Scout. I've lurked that restoration thread. You and the people in there are doing amazing things to restore the Vault back to what it was. I congratulate you and your helpers.
    « Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:46:49 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Lawliet
    Hyper Kitten

Life's a puzzle.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

« Reply #3131 on: January 31, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »

Yeah, Brawl modding was an inspiration to learn the basics of coding and 3D modeling/texturing. I'm glad there's still light in it.

#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
    A girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0

Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
    Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #3132 on: February 05, 2017, 11:05:48 PM »

Can it also export the existing bones in .dae format, in a similar way, by exporting .dae of the model with the bones, in Noesis exporting that to another .dae?

Also, what filesize bloat issue?
    Bones aren't kept with the model for Sm4sh, its a separate file. You have to manually edit bone trees in Smash Forge.

BBox use to bloat face count on models, nuking the filesize. Forge is doing the same thing.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3133 on: February 06, 2017, 06:13:25 AM »

Wait, then how do you rig a model, then, if the bones aren't with the model? Like, how does the rigging even work? Does the file with the bones specify exactly which vertices are rigged, or something?

Post Merge: February 06, 2017, 06:14:10 AM
    Also, is there a good tutorial on how to do it with 3DS Max, so that I can have some idea of what to do, to write the Blender tutorial?

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3134 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »

If you click on a user's awards when not logged in, an error message appears stating "The user whose profile you are trying to view does not exist."

Clicking awards should probably redirect to the login required page instead when not logged in.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Pages:  1 ... 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212
    Print
    Jump to: