Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993357 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2805 on: July 12, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »

Let me test that really quick.. Spoiler contains 60k letters and pictures.

Strange, seems my post posted just fine. And this post is 60.430 characters long including this exact sentence.

edit: Removed the spoiler containing 60k characters, to remove the page lagg.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:26:42 PM by パンドラの心 » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2806 on: July 12, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »

I just made several tests now. For some reason, that happens only when my image codes don't have the height and width defined. This may be related to Imgur, which is the image host I use. And still, I quoted your post and made a preview of it, and the preview is generated like 10 times faster than the preview in my thread, which is a lot smaller.
    That only without the size definitions. With them, it works fine, but that's still weird to me.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2807 on: July 12, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »

Quite honestly, i think it's Imgur and it's direct links. I've had no issues with any picture link here except imgur's..

Red93
    Texture Cookie
    Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Pin Collector Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2808 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »

Is there a way to make it so that when posts are merged, the thread's "last post" time also updates? For example, the way it is currently, if I made a post yesterday, then today I make a new post on that same thread with new content that is completely unrelated to my previous post, the forum will merge today's post with yesterday's post and still say on the forums that the last post on that thread is from yesterday—not today. The only way someone would know something got updated would be if they coincidentally revisited the thread for whatever reason and just so happen to see it.

Or, perhaps is there a way to simply make a specific post not merge with the previous one?
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:06:33 PM by Red93 » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2809 on: July 15, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »

Post merging exists to, among other things, prevent people from bumping their own topics repeatedly. Having a way around it defeats the purpose of having it.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #2810 on: July 15, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »

Just delete your post and, if you need to, copy your text from your original post.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Red93
    Texture Cookie
    Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Pin Collector Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2811 on: July 15, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »

Fair enough; that works. Guess that's a way around it.
    Just to mention, there's already a rule that says not to bump threads when it's unnecessary. So that kinda already eliminates that problem, I would think. =P
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:25:00 PM by Red93 » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #2812 on: July 15, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »

We did this because no one followed those rules.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2813 on: August 14, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »

Why doesn't the search bar have a search button? Maybe it's just me that cares that there's no search button.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2814 on: August 14, 2014, 12:23:51 AM »

Because enter works just as well.

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2815 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:02 AM »

Because enter works just as well.
    Wouldn't call that a reason why there's no search button but whatever thanks for trying.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2816 on: August 18, 2014, 12:07:33 AM »

To be honest with you, pressing enter on a keyboard is faster than moving the mouse to click on a button beside a text box. It's like moving a mouse to go up to the edit menu, and clicking undo when all you could do is press Ctrl + Z. Especially if you decide to do it multiple times, it's a waste of time.

Sure, you could have it for the sake of those people who don't know the usefulness of "Keyboard Shortcuts" but I'm pretty sure most of us here are capable of pressing the "Enter" Key. Should be a common thing in this generation...
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:08:49 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2817 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »

To be honest with you, pressing enter on a keyboard is faster than moving the mouse to click on a button beside a text box. It's like moving a mouse to go up to the edit menu, and clicking undo when all you could do is press Ctrl + Z. Especially if you decide to do it multiple times, it's a waste of time.

Sure, you could have it for the sake of those people who don't know the usefulness of "Keyboard Shortcuts" but I'm pretty sure most of us here are capable of pressing the "Enter" Key. Should be a common thing in this generation...
    This is very much understood but I was looking for a reason, not an excuse. Thank you also though.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2818 on: August 19, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »

That IS the reason. I didn't make the page, but I've worked on some. It's an usability issue. Before, drop-down lists that updated something in the page had a button. Now they update automatically when you select an item, cause it is more comfortable, same goes for many features lately. A button shouldn't be too hard to put there, but is it needed?

I myself hadn't noticed there wasn't a button there. Cause I never use it. I would have been disappointed if it didn't work when I pressed enter though. Times change how designs are expected to be.

However, this could probably seen by you as an excuse. It is not, since I didn't design the page. It's just my opinion on why I wouldn't put one there.

Yuuki Terumi
    Hyper Kitten

Alright, no more games!

• Awards Fiery Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2819 on: August 30, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

I have an idea to improve this site. I was thinking, since Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U are coming around the corner, I think we change the name from Brawl Vault to Smash Vault, for Smash 4 hacks + Brawl hacks, for variety.

As far as we might know about, we can officially mod Smash Bros 3DS, thanks to the upcoming Homebrew channel for it. As for the Wii U version, we got official confirmation that the Wii U is hackable, thanks to that one guy that did a hack on Mario Kart 8 (can't remember his name), so it's possible.

But of course we can still upload Brawl hacks, that way we can have more... variety for Brawl, 3DS, and Wii U.

It's just an idea I had in mind. Nothing else.
    Smiley

Pages:  1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: