Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993351 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2925 on: November 25, 2014, 11:14:29 AM »

So regular thing? Not being able access the site cause its too full?
    They're looking into it, so until then it's something we have to live with.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2926 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »

Can't guys just go with a non-[censored]ty host that isn't run by knuckle-dragging mongoloids?  Seriously, they've done nothing but be uncaring [censored]heads about it.
    Can we please get a host that doesn't suck? Like, one that isn't run by mongoloids?
    Do you really need to say the same thing twice here? Vyse is looking into it..

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2927 on: December 04, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

We're not ignoring the problem.

Every shared host we've ever had has [censored]ed us over in some way. Moving to a new one is not likely to result in a positive change. But we're also not interested in staying with our current one, for obvious reasons.

As discussed on our Facebook page, that leaves us with upgrading our hosting plan to something more substantial. But doing that requires us to also upgrade our business plan into one that, for starters, exists.  Right now, we get the occasional donation, but our costs are mostly covered out of pocket. We can't pay for dedicated hosting with donations alone, so we have to figure out advertising, where we're willing to put ads, how much we can make, how much we can spend, and what to do with any excess.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 02:01:56 PM by Vyse » Logged

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2928 on: December 04, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »

Do you really need to say the same thing twice here? Vyse is looking into it..

Well excuse me for not knowing if there was response to it or not.  Kinda hard to know if the site was down.

How the deuce was I supposed to know the entirety of the situation in full detail?  Cry

I never once accused Vyse of ignoring the problem, and I certainly hope you're not accusing me of doing so, because that is an unsubstantiated accusation. I know he's doing all he can, I just hate seeing how badly their host is treating him and all others in charge of this site.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:06:24 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #2929 on: December 04, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »

I was just making a statement to allay any concerns. None of that was directed at you specifically.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2930 on: December 04, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »

I was just making a statement to allay any concerns. None of that was directed at you specifically.

I know, I just don't want people to take what I said the wrong way. I've been through enough hell this past week that I'd rather not deal with, that's all.

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2931 on: December 05, 2014, 01:12:36 AM »

We're not ignoring the problem.

Every shared host we've ever had has [censored]ed us over in some way. Moving to a new one is not likely to result in a positive change. But we're also not interested in staying with our current one, for obvious reasons.

As discussed on our Facebook page, that leaves us with upgrading our hosting plan to something more substantial. But doing that requires us to also upgrade our business plan into one that, for starters, exists.  Right now, we get the occasional donation, but our costs are mostly covered out of pocket. We can't pay for dedicated hosting with donations alone, so we have to figure out advertising, where we're willing to put ads, how much we can make, how much we can spend, and what to do with any excess.
    Subscriber status?

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #2932 on: December 05, 2014, 07:00:38 AM »

I've never particularly liked forums that do that, and we'd need compelling reasons to subscribe other than "no ads," so I'm not sure that's something we'd do. But thanks for the suggestion.

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2933 on: December 06, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »

I've never particularly liked forums that do that, and we'd need compelling reasons to subscribe other than "no ads," so I'm not sure that's something we'd do. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Just don't whore it and enforce it by taking away feature normals already had.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #2934 on: December 06, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »

That is a given, and stating it does not solve the problem.

tsukikomi
    Hyper Kitten

seiteki sa re te i masu

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2935 on: December 06, 2014, 11:24:14 PM »

That is a given, and stating it does not solve the problem.
    Just saying whoring n enforcing doesn't always help.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2936 on: December 07, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

Just saying whoring n enforcing doesn't always help.
    yet nobody said anything about whoring or enforcing...
    i actually think you would be the only one to think of this being a possibility...

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #2937 on: December 14, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »

I needed something, so you all get a little new feature.

Code:
    [note]Text[/note]

It's a simple comment system. Anything between the "note" tag will not show up in your posts, letting you add comments that will still be there whenever you edit the post. Useful for all the things that code comments typically are. All line breaks after the closing tag are removed.

Comments are included when someone quotes a post as well, so don't include anything you wouldn't want anyone to see.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2938 on: December 14, 2014, 01:13:02 PM »

I'm a bit conflicted on this feature. On one hand, I guess it's fine to add a tidbit for you to see, but not others (unless quoted). But on another hand, I feel it would save time to just send yourself a PM, as the post would likely get lost in a popular thread. Though this is all just an opinion on this new feature.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:14:55 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #2939 on: December 14, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »

Its primary use is going to be in posts with a lot of complicated formatting, so that editing them later isn't a total nightmare. Like I said, this is what code comments are usually good for.

For example, the reason I added it is that I volunteered to help Miacis update the Gaming Challenge topic. The list of users there consists of a ton of tables, and knowing which cell belongs to which user is a pain. Now I can just have a comment at the start of each cell that states whose it is.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:33:25 PM by Vyse » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: