Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993249 times)
Oizen
Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #210 on: April 30, 2011, 09:51:25 PM »

Talked to sticks, and he said it does apply to all accounts.

You're right. I'll take care of vish.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #211 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

Vish isn't the only one that needs taking care of >.>
    Look what someone did!

Its in the trash!!
    Embarrassed?
    very Gmod like of you
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:01:09 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2011, 09:57:59 PM »

Vish isn't the only one that needs taking care of >.>
    Look what someone did!

Its in the trash!!
    embarrassed?
    very Gmod like of you

Look at the post above yours
    now back to yours.

also, I know what your posts look like, I know what the rules look like, you don't need to take pictures of these.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #213 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »

Look at the post above yours
    now back to yours.

also, I know what your posts look like, I know what the rules look like, you don't need to take pictures of these.

All he was doing was archiving the evidence of an offense.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »

All he was doing was archiving the evidence of an offense.
    You know that could be called Treason.

Its in a place that information shouldn't leave. But you'll just say "Oh other people have done it before" and not respond to this.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #215 on: April 30, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »

Ok... I was planning to make this post before but couldn't because the forums where constantly down... and I want to post before the forum goes failing again.
    I've read what's been recently posted, and maybe it's not the best time to do my post, but I want to do it after seeing "evidence" being posted by other members.

Let's talk a little about Oizen.

First things first:
    1. I don't have any personal problems with him.
    2. I talk about things and posts I've personally seen.
    3. I've been planning to post this before the most recent events even happened.
    4. Sorry if I don't have screenscaps or the quotes to show "evidence".

Oizen has been known as a troll for a long time... it was quite surprising to see him with a "power position".
    He passed from kcmm team member to global mod, and I was sincerely amazed when it happened... just how it happened is a complete mystery...
    BUT I didn't have a problem with that, I thought "hey, maybe he'll make a good job".
    Seems like maybe I was a little wrong...

During the time I've been paying more attention to the off-topic and forum games sections I've seen Oizen's behavior, and I can say he's not been doing a good job.
    His way of acting is still troll-like, I've seen him many times spamming, trolling and abusing his power.
    Not to say he's completely awful... I mean, a couple of times he's actually made valid warnings... but imo that doesn't compensate with the many times he's acted improperly as a mod.

Moderators are the ones that keep order in the forums, they are an example to the users of how to act... it's a shame that he's an example of a "trolly" mod... what's worse, people just see it as a common and normal thing in him, something that's not worth pointing out or "punishing".
    Which raises the question, do Admins and Mods are even "punished" or "warned" for disruptive or improper actions?

A clear example is the infamous family thread.
    That thread follows the rules of the forum as well as some explicit rules for it, yet Oizen doesn't follow them BUT "punishes" those who don't.
    So, he's practically saying that rules don't apply to him and the people he wants, but apply to everyone else?
    Example of rules he's not followed himself:

3/ No Flaming
    If you got something to say, do it in a civilized manner. Same goes for hating, it's fine that you don't like a certain anime/movie/game/person/whatever but there's no need to rub it into everyone's face.
    This thread is a place for having fun, so don't bring annoying arguing in here.

6/ No spam
    Once again, this is not a spam topic. Repeating the same sentence over and over again. Too large images. Posting nothing but various kinds of *lurk*, videos, pictures.
    All these will be sanctioned. It's annoying, and you're the only one who will laugh about it in most cases.
    Also, you can greet someone, that's fine but if you make a post that consists just of "Hi [insert person's name]" it is considered as spam and will clutter up the thread.

There's also the unwritten rule of not making 1 word posts, a rule which he always breaks, but everyone else is affected by it, and enforced to not do it with warnings...

His conception of flaming is quite strange... sometimes an opinion seems flaming to him... while other times actual and clear flaming doesn't even catch his attention... then there's those other times in which he has been the one provoking the flaming... isn't that called trolling?

Spamming, double posting, locking a thread, moving said thread, deleting posts of users... just so he can get a "page claim". Good (ab)use of power...

Again, sorry for not having quotes or links to said actions of his... but you can easily look at his latest posts and see part of that trolling, spamming and flaming.

Katakiri
    Big Boss of the Red Dozers
    Special Access

HOOYEAAAAH!!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:03 PM »

I'll have to agree with that. He lied to me before about demoting me, and deleting Oizen's avatar.

Im just quoting from my PM's.

He said that when Oizen demoted you, he restored your status. And if he did edit Oizen's avatar, it would say that he edited "Forum Profile Information" not "Account Related Settings"

Bull[censored]. He never repromoted me. When I was demoted, it was either Vyse, Finman, or Oizen that repromoted me back.

Based on my PM's, if OizenX demoted you in the first place, why would he repromote you back in less than 24 hours...

And he said the day he re promoted you, he didnt see Vyse edit your account that week.
    To cover his ass. Duh.

Brawl FC: 3911 8377 5574 - Pokemon White FC: 4813 6416 2911

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #217 on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »

You know that could be called Treason.

Its in a place that information shouldn't leave. But you'll just say "Oh other people have done it before" and not respond to this.

It was originally public, until someone deleted it.

"In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of betrayal of one's sovereign or nation."
    I do not see how exposing someone of equal power for deliberately masking public information is treason. It would be treason if I were to defy one of the founders, not someone of identical rank.

And saying "Oh other people have done it before" is pretty much a valid argument at this point, corrupt staff are breaking rules constantly and it rarely goes with consequence. Just because people of lower power are not agreeing with you, they should be punished? No, that in reality is a violation of rights.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »

*sigh*

I hate people.

Anyway, it has already been said once... but I'll repeat it. This thread is for appreciation, suggestion, and reports. No need to drag this topic into any current drama.

And my two cents: People on both sides of this are taking themselves way too seriously. While rules should be followed by both the staff and the general public, the rules are there to stop serious issues --- not to be the source of petty squabbles.

That said, I'm not gonna spend my time sorting out this issue. I've 'retired' once and never really have come back; I'm here because I have near-absolute control of the forum and brawlvault database (right under Dantarion) and the only people I've trusted with such control have either quit or are considering it.

So... everyone, calm down. I'd rather not ban people (I'm normally the most lenient guy here...) but I have no problem banning, at least temporarily, a good chunk of posters AND staff if it'll quell tempers a bit.
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:12:32 PM by picano » Logged

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #219 on: April 30, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

Picano, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but an admin's powers were removed because he disagreed with other staff.  I'm pretty sure that doesn't fall under "petty squable."

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »

While the actions may not be petty, the reasons themselves are.

And no, I did not realize. Who?

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »

Picano, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but an admin's powers were removed because he disagreed with other staff.  I'm pretty sure that doesn't fall under "petty squable."
    It really is nothing more.

The threads were going just fine until Haku-men made that thread about the post count issue.

This entire mess came from an issue involving post counts counting in a sub board of the off topic section.

Now isn't that stupid? Regardless, Picano has spoken.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #222 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »

*sigh*

I hate people.

Anyway, it has already been said once... but I'll repeat it. This thread is for appreciation, suggestion, and reports. No need to drag this topic into any current drama.

And my two cents: People on both sides of this are taking themselves way too seriously. While rules should be followed by both the staff and the general public, the rules are there to stop serious issues --- not to be the source of petty squabbles.

That said, I'm not gonna spend my time sorting out this issue. I've 'retired' once and never really have come back; I'm here because I have near-absolute control of the forum and brawlvault database (right under Dantarion) and the only people I've trusted with such control have either quit or are considering it.

So... everyone, calm down. I'd rather not ban people (I'm normally the most lenient guy here...) but I have no problem banning, at least temporarily, a good chunk of posters AND staff if it'll quell tempers a bit.

...While I don't really care about anything that's going on...

Really Picano? You're not going to try sorting this out just because you "don't feel like it"? What's the point of Jack leaving you in complete control of the forum if you're just going to be lazy and not do anything? No offense, but sheesh, if you hate the job that much, quit and find someone else who can do it, or just let the clusterf*** of a forum and staff decide amongst itself who should be head honcho. I mean, if that's how you feel, then what happens might as well not concern you one bit.

Not trying to cause more damage than needed...Well, I don't care if it does anyways, but you come off as sounding like you just don't want to do anything, and that it's not your problem. Normally, it wouldn't be at all, but considering who you are here, just about everything is. -.o'

Unless I'm just missing something here, cause I tend to do that.
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:27:41 PM by Keil Crimson » Logged

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #223 on: April 30, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »

While the actions may not be petty, the reasons themselves are.

And no, I did not realize. Who?

That would be Haku-Men, formerly known as Shadow, sir.

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »

That would be Haku-Men, formerly known as Shadow, sir.
    But he's a moderator now, and he should be fine with that.

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: