Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993498 times)
OmegaMalkior
Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #330 on: June 23, 2011, 12:03:30 PM »

Wow, thanks for making me LOL! And why isn't the user Warned?

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #331 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »

Wow, thanks for making me LOL! And why isn't the user Warned?
    Well, he's banned. We can Warn him on top of that, but that would probably be adding insult to injury. ._.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »

This really offended me:
    Then click the "Report to Admin" button; don't post it here.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people. Stop making this stuff public.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: June 27, 2011, 01:31:17 AM »

I don't know if I asked this before, but could you please raise the Maximum Character Limit?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #334 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »

I don't know if I asked this before, but could you please raise the Maximum Character Limit?
    We tried, and we can't.
    It's actually a database / timeout restriction. So even if we increase it, the posts will still get cut off by the DB's limit.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »

Is there any kind of advanced search option in SMF that could be added?

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

Is there any kind of advanced search option in SMF that could be added?

There is, just not very easy to find.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=test

When searching normally, you are taken to the results page. Above, you can click the search link... which then can link again to the advanced.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #337 on: June 27, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »

There is, just not very easy to find.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=test

When searching normally, you are taken to the results page. Above, you can click the search link... which then can link again to the advanced.

Oh, thank you

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: July 06, 2011, 11:24:40 PM »

Good day, I just want to bring up this again:

Hello there... just a suggestion:
    A little off-topic here, but the rules need to be updated... they lack A LOT of info about some rules of this boards...

How do you expect people to follow your rules when you don't even make them clear?

The rules need an update, they are too "general", they really need to be more specific, clear, and include things that aren't written but are sanctioned by the moderation team.

As an example, the first thing that comes to my mind is the bypass of the word filter.
    I tend to write "f*ck", "b*tch" and "sh*t", not in an offensive way, but as an expression.
    Still, I don't even know if that's considered as bypassing and if I should receive a warning for it, because the rules don't make clear enough what's bypassing and what isn't.

Also a little complain I have... Rules should be applied to EVERYONE here. Including mods, admins, "n00bs", "veterans", team members, etc.
    I hate to see favoritism about someone breaking the rules just because said person is friend of a mod or admin, or because they have "a position" in the forum.

Everybody should be equally punished, and the sanctions should be carried on by the times stipulated in the rules. I've seen people who were Warned or Moderated, but their warning levels are removed before time, or in some cases the Warned level staying longer than it should.

I'm also wondering if there's something planned about this:

Can we please start using a mibbit embedded chat rather than the java applet? everyone has problems with the java applet, and I think more people would use the chatroom if it actually worked.

(http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2555.msg223372#msg223372)

It's a great idea and people support it, so... are you gonna do something about it?

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #339 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »

As an example, the first thing that comes to my mind is the bypass of the word filter.
    I tend to write "f*ck", "b*tch" and "sh*t", not in an offensive way, but as an expression.
    Still, I don't even know if that's considered as bypassing and if I should receive a warning for it, because the rules don't make clear enough what's bypassing and what isn't.
    It's a blanket "don't bypass the censor," and it means exactly that: don't do it in any way.

We have a censor. It censors words (who would've guessed?). There is no need for you to censor yourself, as in the example you gave. The censor does it for you. Just write the word and let the censor do its job.

It's a great idea and people support it, so... are you gonna do something about it?
    I don't really see what this has to do with moderation...

Anyway, something like this is generally up to Jack or pic. I could probably do it, but my connection here is awful; editing and testing would take way longer than it should and wouldn't be worth the frustration.

If it's not done by Sunday, I can look into it, maybe. I have no problem with the Java version.
    « Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:35:54 PM by Vyse » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2011, 04:54:01 AM »

Also a little complain I have... Rules should be applied to EVERYONE here. Including mods, admins, "n00bs", "veterans", team members, etc.
    I hate to see favoritism about someone breaking the rules just because said person is friend of a mod or admin, or because they have "a position" in the forum.

Everybody should be equally punished, and the sanctions should be carried on by the times stipulated in the rules. I've seen people who were Warned or Moderated, but their warning levels are removed before time, or in some cases the Warned level staying longer than it should.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

We'll see..

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2011, 05:06:55 AM »

This 100%, you said it better then I could have even.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2011, 06:18:59 AM »

Kill the bots Im srs here  All the users underlined here are bots.  Don't believe me?  Look at their sigs and ages:

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »

The rules need an update, they are too "general", they really need to be more specific, clear, and include things that aren't written but are sanctioned by the moderation team.

We had discussed a few debatable points some time ago in the Admin boards, mainly the rules about multi-accounts and the censorship.
    The goal was to update the rules, but nothing was done in the end, so I might relauch that when I have the time.

I see lots of accusations being thrown around, but if I may remind you about something :
    It's up to the discretion of the moderator to change the length of the sanction rank. And I'm pretty sure it's written in the rules. Sometimes it's longer than the default time, sometimes not. I personnally think (and I believe most mods/admins are doing the same) that punctual, minor mistakes like a necropost/double-post/censor byspass should only give a week of warning if it's the first offense.

I personnally disapprove of removing ranks manually. Simply because the rank will always go away by itself. I know some mods are doing it if users complain hard enough about their sanction having lasted "more than expected", but I believe it's a pretty bad idea. (Probably because sometimes, the sanction was lengthened to begin with ...).

One last thing : I'd be quite more concerned about these "favoritism" claims if the main 5-6 complainers weren't always the same. Some of them being regular participants in the anti-Oizen crusades™ .

So let's make things a little bit more simple. Mr. Wright, I hope you have some very solid evidences to support your claim.
    Give us some BLATANT proofs of favoritism. Something that cannot be left to interpretation and that cannot be considered mere laziness/generosity/severity (or a joke with a consenting victim >.>). Because stuff like that is always up to the mod's discretion anyway. Show us something that is nothing but pure unprofessionalism, and not just something you disagree with.
    Oh, and preferably something pretty recent too. Because the past is history, the future is a mystery and Today is a gift.  Cheesy

Because otherwise, I don't really think we'll have anything to work on and solve such an alarming issue.

(And no leaked stuff, of course. What is in the admin section stays in the admin section.)
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:29:32 AM by Miacis Kusanagi » Logged

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »

Kill the bots Im srs here  All the users underlined here are bots.  Don't believe me?  Look at their sigs and ages:

Many of the accounts here are bots, and the same goes for most forums.  It really isn't a problem unless they start posting.  And besides, most of those bots probably joined before the new anti-bot system in registration was there.

Oh, and preferably something pretty recent too. Because the past is history, the future is a mystery and Today is a gift.  Cheesy

How recent are you talking?  Because there were plenty of events that occurred a few months ago, many of which have gone unnoticed, and I hope we aren't trying to bury that here.

(or a joke with a consenting victim >.>).

Also, when is a joke qualification for ignoring the rules, even with a consenting victim?  Abuse is abuse, I don't think its fair to the forum users when these jokes occur.  It sets a bad example, and its pure unprofessionalism.
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:48:01 AM by LordNOaH » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: