Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993569 times)
✿Zelia✿
✿Lady of Ballads✿
Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #915 on: September 26, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »

Umm... their is a Recycle Bin for deleted posts now?

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #916 on: September 26, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »

Umm... their is a Recycle Bin for deleted posts now?

Yep, only your own. Probably to repost posts you didn't want deleted or such? o.o?
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:00:10 AM by Shulk » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #917 on: September 26, 2011, 12:53:48 AM »

Yep, only your own. Probably to repost posts you didn't want deleted or such? o.o?
    I know that, but am thinking it's still being worked on, because i click on the next page and their is nothing.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #918 on: September 26, 2011, 12:56:21 AM »

1. Recycle Bin's always been there; it's just been invisible to you guys.

2. It's visible now mainly for moderation purposes. Instead of warning you in public, we'll delete the offending post and warn it from the Recycle Bin. That way it's more private, and the rule-breaking stuff isn't left for everyone to see.

Another advantage I didn't even think about until after I'd implemented it is that doing it this way actually sends necroposted topics back where they belong.

I know that, but am thinking it's still being worked on, because i click on the next page and their is nothing.
    What do you mean?

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #919 on: September 26, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »

What do you mean?
    I have 614 pages in the Bin while it only contains 350 posts, the other pages are all empty. Any idea what could cause that?

edit: Actually after rechecking it. It only shows posts on the first and last page, nothing else.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:01:52 AM by Shulk » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #920 on: September 26, 2011, 01:00:11 AM »

1. Recycle Bin's always been there; it's just been invisible to you guys.

2. It's visible now mainly for moderation purposes. Instead of warning you in public, we'll delete the offending post and warn it from the Recycle Bin. That way it's more private, and the rule-breaking stuff isn't left for everyone to see.

Another advantage I didn't even think about until after I'd implemented it is that doing it this way actually sends necroposted topics back where they belong.
    What do you mean?

This is actually a awesome idea. =D

What do you mean?

I clicked on page 2 and it says i don't have any messages.

Edit: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=29876.0
    I see more then my deleted post here.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:06:40 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #921 on: September 26, 2011, 01:11:46 AM »

OK, it looks like the "view only own topics" mod doesn't do pagination. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

This is actually a awesome idea. =D

Thanks.

Edit: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=29876.0
    I see more then my deleted post here.

If we mass delete posts, they get moved as their own thread like that. Your post is the first, so it's considered your thread and you can see it. We'll just have to not do that anymore. Not that inconvenient, I think. Mass deletions don't happen often enough (in my experience) for this to be annoying.

This is sort of an experiment; if it proves too buggy or too much of a hassle, we'll probably scrap it.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:14:36 AM by Vyse » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #922 on: September 26, 2011, 01:13:57 AM »

OK, it looks like the "view only own topics" mod doesn't do pagination. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
    Thanks.
    If we mass delete posts, they get moved as their own thread like that. Your post is the first, so it's considered your thread and you can see it. We'll just have to not do that anymore. Not that inconvenient, I think.

This is sort of an experiment; if it proves too buggy or too much of a hassle, we'll probably scrap it.
    I think i get it, i know since this new it will be buggy.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #923 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:51 AM »

Ah, so we're applying that system already ? Good. Smiley

This should make things a bit more private between the sanctionned people and the moderation team ... They'll still have the Moderation corner to talk about it if they want to.

Also, something quite important :
    If the post contained something useful in addition to the rule-breaking, it will still be deleted. If you'd like to repost the useful bits without the rule-breaking stuff, you will have the original post right there in the Recycle Bin to copy.
    We won't be reposting the useful bits for you, it's your responsibility.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:23:54 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

« Reply #924 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »

Thumbs up for the new moderating system. I'd like to compliment Vyse for constantly coming up with ways to improve this forum (was gone for a week due to sickness so I'm going to assume that was Vyse's idea if not then feel free to correct me).

Oh and just my two cents on the postcount issue:

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #925 on: September 26, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?
    I saw Miacis post in Beyond's thread about this issue.
    That place goes off-topic so fast, so I think removing post counts in his thread could help.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #926 on: September 26, 2011, 08:03:31 AM »

Yeah, makes posts not count in Beyond's thread. While you're at it, just remove the posts count from the forum altogether. Let's not promote discussion at all.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #927 on: September 26, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »

just remove the posts count from the forum altogether.
    I love you Im srs here

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #928 on: September 26, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »

Let's not promote discussion at all.

You know that, if we follow that reasonning, we can just re-establish the count for every board.

It would be nice for a change if people actually gave us a straight idea of what the bloody hell they want.

Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.

Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
    We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  Roll Eyes
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:13:33 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #929 on: September 26, 2011, 09:11:35 AM »

You know that, if we follow that reasonning, we can just re-establish the count for every board.

It would be nice for a change if people actually gave us a straight idea of what they bloody want.

Because right now, it just feels like this whole issue was only brought up monthes ago as a way of attacking Family / Forum Games active members. And I'm not even trying to troll when I'm saying that. It's just how it looks like.

Btw, when I mentionned this in Beyond's thread, I was kidding. Yes, look at the big round smiley. It's emphasizing that I've just used the post count thingie to exxagerate the spammy nature of Beyond's thread's discussions.
    We can't even single-target topic for post counting so yeah. Big fat pleasantry.

But considering how people are replying to it ... It looks like I touched a raw nerve.  Roll Eyes

Then I guess neither of us can detect sarcasm through text.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Pages:  1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: