Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993291 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1020 on: September 27, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »

KJP, could you please read this thread and use it for that kind of question ?  Im srs here

(No, regular users can't click on this link. Do not insist, it's pointless. >w>)
    Ah. Sorry Mia.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1021 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »

I would recommend highly trusted people that's done a good service to the site as a whole who has a good attitude about the system. I'd also put those people on a watch for a month or 2 to make sure they don't over extend thier powers. I'll admit it's hard finding a good helper that doesn't go power hungry... One of my friends went mad with his powers when I made him GM on my Ragnarok server in the past.. I removed his powers and he lashed at me.. had to ban him from the server because of how he acted.. to this day he still holds a gruge towards me cause of that...

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1022 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

I would recommend highly trusted people that's done a good service to the site as a whole who has a good attitude about the system. I'd also put those people on a watch for a month or 2 to make sure they don't over extend thier powers. I'll admit it's hard finding a good helper that doesn't go power hungry... One of my friends went mad with his powers when I made him GM on my Ragnarok server in the past.. I removed his powers and he lashed at me.. had to ban him from the server because of how he acted.. to this day he still holds a gruge towards me cause of that...
    I see people power mad on other sites before, i find them jerks and yes find a person who is trustworthy.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1023 on: September 27, 2011, 07:25:41 PM »

I see people power mad on other sites before, i find them jerks and yes find a person who is trustworthy.
    Yeah I hate those power people. The ones who act like they ARE the law. Well I hope they find trustworthy people too

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1024 on: September 27, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »

I do like the staff.
    However, someone, like LookItsLink, isn't on as often as he used to be.
    You should try to find at least 1 person to be a back-up since the rest of the staff is active.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1025 on: September 27, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »

Ah, I'll have to politely decline this promotion Wink
    Norly,  don't pick anyone stupid.

Seraph
    Touhou Enthusiast
    Special Access

• Awards Featured PC Core Gamer Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #1026 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »

I do like the staff.
    However, someone, like LookItsLink, isn't on as often as he used to be.
    You should try to find at least 1 person to be a back-up since the rest of the staff is active.
    Segab as well, but I agree. My brother doesn't have near as much time as he used to, sadly.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1027 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »

Segab as well, but I agree. My brother doesn't have near as much time as he used to, sadly.
    I seen him acouple of times online last week, but yeah he hasn't been on in awhile.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1028 on: September 27, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »

You missed the part right under what you quoted.  ._.
    Oh, sorry... I didn't miss it, I misread due to the color of your font and interpreted it in another way, thought you were talking about the off-topic section there when you actually mentioned the on-topic.

And yes, I agree that it indeed is an improvement.

All right. Comparison ? Let's compare our work then.

You : Roaming around the threads, finding rule-breaking stuff to report.

Me :
    - Replying to my constant stream of moderation/admin-related PMs. Which includes typical forum questions, BV moderation and reports handling, and general [censored]ing.
    - Approving Moderated posts.
    - Taking care of Reports in the Reported Posts boards.
    - Coming here on this thread to talk with you guys because we don't heartlessly ignore you anymore.
    - Discussing new ideas or the implementation of new concepts for the boards 1) In the Admin section 2) on MSN with Vyse.
    - Discussing more complicated cases of users to find suitable sanctions.
    - Hunting some multi-accounts.
    (- Taking care of awards.)
    - There are also some conflicts where I personnally have to solve myself when the two opposite sides are completely closed to conversation. And believe me, this is the kinda task that takes the most time.

I am NOT complaining about my "job" here. It's truly an everyday pride and joy for me to come here and help this place, even when it gets tough sometimes.
    I'm just reminding you that Admins and also Global moderators have much more to do these days than "just roaming around the boards". So yeah, if you guys can help us to do all of this a bit more quickly, it would be a great help, really. It's easy to just roam around the boards, but we're not just doing easy stuff.

So please compare what is comparable.
    Huh? When did it became a comparison game?
    First of all, "my work"? I'm a regular user, not a global or local mod, not an admin.
    As a mere user I don't have any responsibility or "work to do" beyond not breaking the rules, so really... How can we even start comparing penis amount of work size?

The main point of what you quoted from my post is that "patrolling" isn't as time consuming as it may seem.
    Specially because keeping your eye on this site is not a one-man-army job, there's a staff group.

And since you took your time to give me a listing of all the hard work you do, then I think it's fair that I take my time to acknowledge it and reply with my appreciation and doubts of what you do here.

"- Replying to my constant stream of moderation/admin-related PMs. Which includes typical forum questions, BV moderation and reports handling, and general [censored]ing."

I don't have any way to know how many PMs you get, so I trust you if you say they are too many...
    But it's clear that you don't reply to many of them. It has even been said so here and in the family thread.

"- Approving Moderated posts."

I wonder if you have to do many things to approve those posts or if it's a matter of 1-2 clicks.
    And I thought mods could approve those too... and considering there usually aren't many people in the moderated status at the same time and that some of them prefer to not post while moderated....
    I assume it wouldn't take much time to approve.

"- Taking care of Reports in the Reported Posts boards."

That's a topic that has been discussed before... you say the amount of reports is highly variable... and again, that's something all the staff deals with, not only you... so I don't think that drains much of your time... but how would I know.

"- Coming here on this thread to talk with you guys because we don't heartlessly ignore you anymore."

The only thing I can say about that is that you answer more of my concerns here than through PMs.

"- Discussing new ideas or the implementation of new concepts for the boards 1) In the Admin section 2) on MSN with Vyse."

I wonder if those discussions take place daily and if they take too long...
    And the new ideas and implementation of things aren't that constant... I mean, it's just recently that we've seen clear changes and implementation of new stuff.

"- Discussing more complicated cases of users to find suitable sanctions."

I suppose you make a thread in the staff section about a certain problematic user and discuss it there...
    If that's the case then probably you post a little about it each day, instead of discussing everything there is and taking action the same day.

"- Hunting some multi-accounts."

And you do this because...?
    Last time I checked, multi-accounts were allowed again.

"(- Taking care of awards.)"

An unneeded additional thing to the forums that doesn't take priority, and aside from granting awards to the ones who rightfully request them... I don't think there are many things you need to handle about that daily... but the again, I don't know what you do with awards aside from giving them.
    I only see it as highly time consuming when you needed to update the pictures or descriptions. Or the first time assigning them to the majority of active users.

"- There are also some conflicts where I personnally have to solve myself when the two opposite sides are completely closed to conversation. And believe me, this is the kinda task that takes the most time."

I don't know what you specifically mean, but I have a clear idea of what.
    If it's related to the forums and has an impact in them, then thanks for doing it.
    If it's more of a personal thing between users, then moderating if it derives into rule-breaking should be your only concern.
    You can tell the persons implicated in that kind of thing to simply avoid each other, it's not like you have to be the mediator in fights (that tend to be ridiculous) between users.

Oh, and the thing about complaining about the "job" wasn't even directed at you anyways.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1029 on: September 27, 2011, 10:52:57 PM »

So are we arguing for the sake of arguing, or...?

It's very easy to understate our work when you're not the one doing it. It's very easy to say that we should have time when you know nothing about us. This isn't accomplishing anything.

We already admitted, about 3 pages ago, that we haven't been keeping a tight rein on the busier boards and that we're working on remedying the problem. I don't see why this discussion is still going on, apart from sheer, directionless belligerence.

SmashHackers
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1030 on: September 27, 2011, 11:17:04 PM »

So are we arguing for the sake of arguing, or...?

It's very easy to understate our work when you're not the one doing it. It's very easy to say that we should have time when you know nothing about us. This isn't accomplishing anything.

We already admitted, about 3 pages ago, that we haven't been keeping a tight rein on the busier boards and that we're working on remedying the problem. I don't see why this discussion is still going on, apart from sheer, directionless belligerence.
    Yes we are quite belligerent. Actually...do I have permission to make a thread all about this kind of stuff? Where we can just complain all day and nobody gets in trouble? I mean for like off topic and stuff. Of course rules apply and stuff but I mean people can just say whatever belligerent stuff we want and not get in trouble. Sounds like a blast.  please dont moderate me for asking this question

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1031 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »

I thought adding mods was gonna be a team decision, yet everyone is throwing in their two cents?

Look! There's people promoting themselves, and being sycophants.

Everything I predicted last night, it's coming true.

Vyse, you owe me twenty dollars.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1032 on: September 28, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »

Huh?  Not really. Just stating how things should go since I used to be a GM and all..

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1033 on: September 28, 2011, 01:22:23 AM »

Huh?  Not really. Just stating how things should go since I used to be a GM and all..

I wasn't talking about you, Rydia. I've been a GM as well, over at InfinityMugenTeam. Cheers!

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1034 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:15 AM »

Exactly. We're remedying on that and fining people to help us moderate place we don't have time to go moderate.

cx_asuka, I'm not going to reply in detail to all you said because really, it's just nothing but trying to belittle our work. It's the addition of all these things that makes us waste time and not roam around the forum like surveillance bots.

Just three things:
    Last time I checked, multi-accounts were allowed again.
    There's a clause about sanction transfer. So when we have a member who's using multis just to troll, and got them banned, it's interesting to know who's behind it and transfer the sanction.

An unneeded additional thing to the forums that doesn't take priority
    Unneeded .. ? Huh ... Well, I guess it depends on the PoV. I guess it's as unneeded as lowering taxes in a country. It makes some users happy, and that's what we're for, right ?

You can tell the persons implicated in that kind of thing to simply avoid each other, it's not like you have to be the mediator in fights (that tend to be ridiculous) between users.
    Well, that's a good one ... "just tell them to avoid each other". I wish it was that simple.  Roll Eyes
    When a conflict has repercussions on the boards, and can implicate other users, I get to the bottom of things to avoid doing major blunders. When it's clear that there's something bad going on between 2 users, the last thing to do is to sanction blindly.
    Because with that kind of attitude, you'll get a mass of users who have "sided" with either side, blustering about power abuse.

So yeah, thanks for the advice, but I think I'm going to keep doing my job a bit more smartly than a warning bot.
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:46:10 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pages:  1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: