Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ..::catgowoofs Movesets::.. Commander Snake v1 -16/09-  (Read 7447 times)
catgowoof
Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 16, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »

I finished this moveset a loooong time ago (3 days after PSA came out) and now I can finally show you guys.
    Copypasta'd from SS.

Commander Snake v1

I couldn’t really think of a decent name so I just call him Commander Snake.  He’s not really supposed to be another character, just another way (also a bit more melee orientated way) to play as Snake.

Every move has been changed except for his grabs, floor and ledge attacks.  I really can’t be bothered making a change log since I did this a long time ago (finished it 3 days after PSA came out), and I can’t remember all the specifics.  So it’s up to you to figure out what all his moves are :p

I’ve been trying to make him as balanced as possible, but I’ll need your help with that.  If you play as him, could you post a comment on what you think needs to be changed? It’s so I can make a V2 which will be  a lot more balanced than it is now.  If you do post a comment on what needs to be changed could you follow this format:

Move: (Ftilt, upB, etc.)

What needs to be increased/decreased: (either trajectory, damage, knockback, range).

That will just make it easier for me to keep a track of what needs to be changed.

Known bugs:

His entry animation:  I can’t seem to get rid of his suit graphic, so you still see his suit malfunction in his normal entry pose but he’s not there (don’t know how to fix).

Side B: If running while doing it you can slide of the stage and keep on the same height as the stage.  All you can do is either teleport back to the stage or keep sliding off until you die.  Not a major problem.

Taunts:  All of his taunts share the last part of the animation, so that means my new taunts share all of the same animation at the end.  This means they take a while to get through.  I made the last part of each taunt make it look like he’s reloading his gun, so it’s like a FPS, because you’re most vulnerable while reloading.  It’s the best that I could do :p

Getting hit: If you get hit while you have the UPsmash missile silo, it will stay with you until you use a move with it again.  Also if you get hit while doing his entry animation taunt you will stay invisible until you do the taunt again.

If someone knows how to fix these please tell me.

Download is in the STUFFZ folder in the released content over at Stack Smash.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:26:43 PM by catgowoof » Logged

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »

Reserved Post.

camelot
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »

Do you play on the PAL version of the game? His sounds are really bizarre when I play as him (NSTC version).

For example... most of his attacks have the announcer say stuff. Like, he'll randomly say "Share stock" or "Congratulations!" or "New record!" or it plays the "dragoon piece get" sound.

If I use his up-taunt, he says "Player 1", if I use his side-taunt he says "Player 2", and his down-taunt makes this weird boost sound.

Up-smash and neutral-b make him say "Wow! Incredible!"

Walking/running makes bunny hood sounds, jumping makes beam sword sounds, and landing makes home-run bat sounds. Kicking either makes bunny hood sounds or "pickup item" sounds.

What the heck?

Other than the sounds, it works fine, though.

FinalSoraRiku
    Mega Kitten

Things sure changed after a few years

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »

Up-smash and neutral-b make him say "Wow! Incredible!"
    lol.  This moveset gave me an idea (MACHINIMAH!)

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 10:03:39 PM »

Yeah I do have a PAL game.  When I play with NTSC ones, I usually get another characters voice.  This happens because the sound files are located in different places in the ISO on PAL and NTSC.

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 10:15:53 PM »

Yeah I do have a PAL game.  When I play with NTSC ones, I usually get another characters voice.  This happens because the sound files are located in different places in the ISO on PAL and NTSC.

Its still cool, even though its kinda glitchy. lol

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 06:29:54 PM »

thought id ast permission. can i use parts of this to make a master cheif moveset?

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »

thought id ast permission. can i use parts of this to make a master cheif moveset?
    Sure, all I want is a bit of credit though.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »

was this pac made with PAL or NTSC iso? last time i used a PAL pac on my NTSC it really freaked out. I hope this is NTSC cuz this looks tight.

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 08:03:59 PM »

was this pac made with PAL or NTSC iso? last time i used a PAL pac on my NTSC it really freaked out. I hope this is NTSC cuz this looks tight.
    Sorry, but this was made form a PAL iso.  The only thing that should be different is the sounds Snake makes.

wildvine47
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 03:53:15 PM »

Hey, since Stack Smash is down, I can't download it.  Can you put it on Megaupload or something?

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »

Hey, since Stack Smash is down, I can't download it.  Can you put it on Megaupload or something?

Here ya go - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmqjyehbimn

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

[this is not a comment]
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:17:05 PM by STUFF2o » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print