Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Voices! Peach/Zelda/ZSS/Brawl Taunts Pokemon Trainer ... hex packs added!  (Read 36889 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: July 09, 2011, 08:32:01 PM »

slight delay... My capture card got fried mid-recording of another project so I won't be able to make the preview until i get another... (if i get another)

Slashy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: July 10, 2011, 10:46:12 AM »

I have a capture card, so I could record it. I just need to learn how to remove the audio lag, someone said I needed to pick a faster compression scheme.

Yes i have a dazzle

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »

i get audio lag or desync when i capture too..just need to resync them in something like vegas pro or movie maker

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 12:48:07 AM »

About all that that happened previous page. I just have to say, Slash, it's good that you're pointing out her flaws, but she doesn't "deserve harsh words. Criticism ca improve people, both positive and negative, but using words that can make people feel low? That's not cool man. Idc how much you give her negative criticism, just be polite and respectful.

She's just trying to provide an alternative to the boring old Brawl announcer. Hell, I wouldn't care if it was the MVC3 announcer voice, it's just an alternative to the Brawl one. It's something new that no one ever tried doing until she did the idea. Many people wanted a female announcer, and though hers may not be perfect, nothing is, it's still pretty good altogether. At least she's not saying phrases all monotonous and boring. There is still room for improvement though. And she can do different voices which can lead to variations to announcer styles.

Lastly, I personally like, not love, like her announcer pack and prefer to hear a female voice on my Brawl. It could be better though, more strength, power, and energy to the voice so it can truly be heard.

Rina-chan
    Expert Kitten

Voice Actress

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 02:45:28 AM »

Well good news is that we're gonna fix it Smiley We found a base voice; I just haven't been home a lot so I haven't really had time to get things recorded yet...

Slashy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: July 11, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »

*sigh* Again she's actually pretty darn good with voice acting just any snippet of Luminous Arc 2 shows she has amazing potential, it's just that for most of her performances she probably isn't getting good voice direction. As a result, 90% of her performances sound dull, similar, or are cringe worthy.

I guess my biggest upset and what is most aggrvating is that she directed this performance so everything could be unfortunately be blamed on her. She wasn't doing an impression and the hatred from Super Smash Flash basically showed that she had no business doing this all on her own, and she should have posted a sample before going ahead and compiling the whole voice pack.

In fact, there are two different roles she took for My Little Pony fan stuff. In Camaraderie is Supernatural, she puts on an average performance that still sounds unnatural off as...cringe-worthy (she speaks so fast that any semblance of acting comes off as forced) rather than menacing, while in Fiends of Dream Valley she pulls off an amazing performance. This is not magic, this is just a testament to the abilities of a good voice director, and in this case Yamino does a VERY good job at this.

Rina needs to understand that there is a BIG difference between directng and acting, and suprise suprise most of the good things she's been involved in weren't directed by her. The director's job is the what while the actor's job is the how. Rina-Chan knows how to pull off a good performance, but probably doesn't know what the performance entails in a given role. In the future she should get constant feedback if she is directing something on her own to ensure a good product.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:00:30 AM by Slashy » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »

^ lete's see how her new announcer turns out.... because the one I did for her.. didn't have much energy in it... I will be ready to help her compile the next...

========

on another note... I got a new capture card... I still need something to test drive it because it's supposed to be *10,0000x* better than my old one, did anyone take care of that preview while i was looking for a new card?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGD5SXm9tS4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGD5SXm9tS4</a>
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:15:50 AM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Rina-chan
    Expert Kitten

Voice Actress

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 03:58:40 AM »

Hey guys, Sheik and Zelda voice pack is finally up!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21149

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2011, 02:50:05 AM »

! sawndz 0.12 is out... the packet format is now different AND the length/Hz rate limit can be longer (in length) or shorter, and at different frequencies.  I can recompile the hacks for you, given i'm supplied the sounds again...

do note, the  TOTAL working limit for each group (to work guaranteed) is 30 seconds (to be on the safe side, because sounds totaling too long a length can make other sounds from the group not work or mute entire groups somewhere else in the brsar) !

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
    Print
    Jump to: