Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's tools - cBliss Tool updated [21/04/2014]  (Read 101474 times)
dindinmaster
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »

Back with more dumb questions, this time about your ASL tool. I'm using PM 3.01 and whenever I try to load an alternate stage, it loads the default stage. Perhaps it isn't yet compatible with 3.01? On the chance that's not the case, I'll try and be as specific as I can. I'm trying to make it so that if you don't hold down anything, it loads the default stage (for example STGFINAL.pac). However, if you hold down Z it takes you to STGFINAL_A.pac and holding down Y takes you to STGFINAL_B.pac. I've got it so that next to button combinations, it says 2 and next to randoms, it says 0. Also, I'm unclear on when EXACTLY you press and hold down the button. Sorry for being dumb and hopefully you can help!

Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #166 on: January 14, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »

Project M 3.0x isn't compatible with ASL because of the custom folder it uses. For some reason, the ASL code doesn't work, no matter if you place the stages in projectm/pf/stage/melee or private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/stage/melee. Anyway, there's a way to fix this, if you're interested.

I explain it here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/asl-on-pm-3-0.344543/

Basically, thanks to my newly updated GCT Fusionizer, you can remove or replace some parts of the codeset, which are what make Project M to load from the Project M folder. After modifying the gct, and moving the projectm folder to the old path (the post includes a batch file to automatically do this in windows), you can use the ASL tool as always with Project M.

Try it and tell me if you get it working.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Oreodesu
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #167 on: January 24, 2014, 04:26:08 PM »

So exactly what do all the pcs and pac files have to be named in order for the game not to freeze?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

It depends on the character. If it's Bowser, for example, the files would be:

Normal Brawl: FitKoopa00.pac, FitKoopa01.pac, FitKoopa02.pac, FitKoopa03.pac, FitKoopa04.pac, FitKoopa05.pac, FitKoopa06.pac, FitKoopa07.pac, FitKoopa08.pac, FitKoopa09.pac

Project M: FitKoopa00.pac, FitKoopa01.pac, FitKoopa03.pac, FitKoopa04.pac, FitKoopa05.pac, FitKoopa06.pac, FitKoopa07.pac, FitKoopa08.pac, FitKoopa09.pac, FitKoopa10.pac

Do the same with all characters and not only with pac files, but with pcs files too.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »

A small twist to cBliss Tool:

My current codes use the memory in a way that every character can be up to 11 costumes except for Wario. It's because of CSP limits that every character except for Wario is limited to 10 costumes by the program to be like in the original cBliss code.

Well, it happens that there's some characters (Ganondorf, Rob, Toon Link, Wolf and Sonic) that don't have those CSP limits. I'm sure there's people who already know about this.

Well, considering this all, I've made cBliss Tool able to add 1 more costume (for a total of 11) to those characters, no matter if in Project M mode or not. Rob, Toon Link and Sonic would use fitxxx11 as the new costume in Project M 3.0x mode. Out of the Project M mode, these would use fitxxx10. Ganon and Wolf will use fitxxx10 no matter what's the mode.

If you use them, don't forget to add the needed cosmetics and character files to prevent the game from freezing.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

Stage shadows tutorial

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2014, 12:04:42 AM »

:O ...I...Um... YES!

HowDoISpaceJam
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #171 on: February 01, 2014, 05:12:52 AM »

Well, it happens that there's some characters (Ganondorf, Rob, Toon Link, Wolf and Sonic) that don't have those CSP limits. I'm sure there's people who already know about this.

Haha, typical that those happen to be some of the characters that I'd struggle to find 10 alts I like and not one of the ones I find it hard to only pick 10. Great news though!
    « Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:14:52 AM by HowDoISpaceJam » Logged

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: February 03, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »

Well, considering this all, I've made cBliss Tool able to add 1 more costume (for a total of 11) to those characters, no matter if in Project M mode or not. Rob, Toon Link and Sonic would use fitxxx11 as the new costume in Project M 3.0x mode.

Since I always had problems adding codes to Brawl and make them work, it's such a relief to use your tools.
    But now I'm pretty much confused, now that you said cBliss actually works for Project M 3.0x.
    I added everything cBliss needs (Brawl Costume Manager proves it), but it doesn't work and I was told Project M uses something else to load characters and it's not compatible, so I almost gave up combining Project M with cBliss.
    Is there something else I need to change additionally to make it work? In the official cBliss thread, there is an explanation but it seems like it's just for 2.5b.

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

Since I always had problems adding codes to Brawl and make them work, it's such a relief to use your tools.
    But now I'm pretty much confused, now that you said cBliss actually works for Project M 3.0x.
    I added everything cBliss needs (Brawl Costume Manager proves it), but it doesn't work and I was told Project M uses something else to load characters and it's not compatible, so I almost gave up combining Project M with cBliss.
    Is there something else I need to change additionally to make it work? In the official cBliss thread, there is an explanation but it seems like it's just for 2.5b.

It is tedious. I did the same thing where I struggled for days and briefly gave up on it, but once you get it working, the payoff is so worth it. I got mine working with the newest Project M Stage Expansion a couple of days ago. Took some serious work to get it, but now I have 78 stages along with 10 costumes for all 41 characters. (aside from Wario obviously with 12, and now Toon Link, Wolf, and Ganon with 11)

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:36 PM »

What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'? Costumes aren't added? Do you get a black screen when booting the game?

The latest version of cBliss Tool just adds the codes needed to expand all the characters in Project M 3.02, including Mewtwo and Roy. The regular cBliss doesn't work well, but my tool knows what to change in the Project M codeset in order to combine the Project M alts with extra character costumes.

You only need to 'add codes' once, and use all the extra menu and character files to get no freezes. If you add them to the iso already, you'll never have to worry about freezes when using extra costumes.

Stage shadows tutorial

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: February 03, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »

What do you mean by 'it doesn't work'? Costumes aren't added? Do you get a black screen when booting the game?

Thank you for replying this fast!
    Well, when using Brawl Costume Manager, I can see that everything is where it should be, it's all available.
    When starting Project M, I can choose every costume for every character, but when I choose a stage, the game freezes. The console doesn't make an annoying sound, it just stops and I can turn off the console without problems.

Yep, I used your cBliss tool, it really is awesome. Just clicking on "add codes" and it's ready to go. Now I got a Stage Expansion package for Project M and added everything, too, but it still keeps freezing.
    I don't believe it's not because of your code, I guess it's due to the Project M code for loading characters (or whatever is loading the characters). Cheesy

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2014, 01:26:48 PM »

I guess it may be the most usual mistake with my cBliss Tool when used on Project M. I've made it avoid the lost costume in characters that have the standard costume as a team color, so the fitxxx10 costume is needed for some characters. Those would be Bowser, Luigi, Sonic, Rob, Ness, Lucario... Don't remember now more, but well, just those who have the original costume in one of the team colors. I don't guess the Brawl Costume Manager program knows of this yet. So, try adding the fitxxx10 for these characters.

Stage shadows tutorial

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: February 03, 2014, 01:57:20 PM »

Okay, I added the Fitxxx10 files for Bowser, Diddy, Dedede, Link, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Ness, ROB, Sonic, Toon Link and Yoshi.
    Now it doesn't freeze when picking a stage, but it freezes shortly before the character appears. Maybe it's due to the costume or the battle portrait, so I'll have a look at it.
    So far, it seems to work!

EDIT: Yep, stupid me. Now that I'm using another SD card I forgot to add the old battle portrait files! I'll test it now.

EDIT2: Sooo, I just tested Sonic and Luigi, they work fine now, but the order of the costumes is pretty much messed up. For example, when playing the second costume of Sonic, it loads the 6th one. ^^
    I also added the Fitxxx10 files for Bowser, but he still doesn't work.
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:30:25 PM by Syeo » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »

You forgot the costume for Giga Bowser.

About the order of costumes, it should be the Project M order now, so the original cBliss costume files will be in the wrong order. All the extra costumes will come after the original ones in their original order.

Open your common5 and the ProjectM one and be sure to re-order the CSPs, they will match after that.

Stage shadows tutorial

Syeo
    Extreme Kitten

Dude Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #179 on: February 03, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »

I guess it's not possible to choose the character order with your cBliss tool, right? ^^
    Back then without using cBliss, I used a list on my computer to know which character is which file, cBliss saved me from having that pain in the *** since you can call them 01-09 in a proper order.

It's a bit complicated to reorder them, because I don't know the order of the original colors (okay, google helps). Sadly, the newest Brawl Costume Manager isn't capable of showing Project M order (01, 03, 04, 05) for 10 slots (for exampe 01, 03, 04, 05, 02, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10). When choosing cBliss order, it's the same as usual and messed up.
    When picking Project M mappings, I don't know what the additional characters will be like, because the cosmetics are turned off and can't be edited.
    Now I just activated Project M mappings, looked which character is shown up and replaced the cosmetics, the cBliss slots are still messed up. Maybe I'll just wait until a new version of that editor is coming out.

Well then, at least cBliss works now, thanks for your help! You'll be part of the reason why I'll play Brawl even when the new Smash is coming out! Always new awesome stuff!

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
    Print
    Jump to: