Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's tools - cBliss Tool updated [21/04/2014]  (Read 100931 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: July 04, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »

So, if I use your stable version, I'll have to change around all my team costumes that are currently compatible with cBliss 1.5 to how Brawl originally read them (ie, FitChar01 isn't always red team)? And, because of that, the Brawl Costume Manager's cBliss setting is no longer compatible with cBliss itself?

No, this doesn't apply to the 'stable cBliss' folder. That one works exactly the same as the official cBliss, only that with less freezes. Just same thing with more stability. The ones that change the color teams are the other 2. But changing the team colors doesn't mean changing the css files, you can have standard mario as red team mario with the files provided in the cBliss package. It would be the original brawl order one that would need a different set of files for the css and stuff.

does it work with the method i using on Dolphin for load hacks:
    use the gecko OS codes in a ini text file method for dolphin?

Not tested it. As I don't know the real cause for it to not work, I can't tell. Just test it and report what's the result.

Is this version of cBliss compatible with FilePatch 3.5.3?
    Would both RSBE and RSB4 folders be affected by cBliss?

I don't know how the alternate folder in filepatch 3.5.3 works when the files aren't in the disc file. I'd say you'd need all the pac/pcs files to be in both folders to make them not freeze in any case. But it all depends on how it works. I'll always recommend to use a modified brawl iso, so all the new files for the characters are already in the iso and there's no way it freezes.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: July 04, 2013, 06:18:04 PM »

I use FPC 3.5.3  (with rsbe folder as default, and wiimote only) and Mewtwo fixed CBLISS, both work great together

Thyrus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: July 04, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »

I'll give it a try as soon as I get the chance then.
    Thanks both of you for the answers (:

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: July 05, 2013, 09:50:14 AM »

REQUEST: cbliss extended:
    Fit*Char*0A - Fit*Char*FF

my motto:
    having them and not needing them is better than needing them and not having them Wink

plus, I really want them XDD
    (like MUGEN's EVE screenpack) Tongue

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Thyrus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: July 05, 2013, 11:46:42 AM »

I use FPC 3.5.3  (with rsbe folder as default, and wiimote only) and Mewtwo fixed CBLISS, both work great together

Tried it today with GCN controller, FPC 3.5.5 and Mewtwo fixed CBLISS, it worked just fine! Cheesy

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »

I need people to test this using mewtwo CBLISS and all the Extra CHaracter Slot codes:

Start a Fight with Sheik, marth (or roy, but just use marth), snake, and charizard,

In my case, the match starts flawlesly, but game freezes after the end of the match,..

Are Extra character Slot codes eating some CBLISS space in memory?? because I tried the same match WITHOUT Extra character slots codes and It worked, or it is another code conflict that is causing the freeze described in this post?

EDIT:

Sorry for bother you people, I found the reason of this freeze, the Extra character slot codes alone are freezing my brawl, why I say that? because I Started the match described before using only file patch code 3.5.1 and the Extra character slot codes, and when the match ended,.. Game froze,.

Mewtwo CBLISS works flawlessly, at least for me,with File Patch Code 3.5.1 or 3.5.3,  err.. maybe the next commentary will leave this thread a little but: Is there a way to fix Extra character slot codes?? because they are eating some space in memory that should not be eaten -_-
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:40:03 PM by shadowXtreme » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Released cBliss tool. It replaces the cBliss codes found inside a gct file with mine. Unlike the stable codes I released, the codes generated here use some extra space in memory to read the new costumes from, even if the normal cBliss is used. This space in memory should be safe, so it should be no problem and the stability should be the same.

It can build the codes for the standard cBliss order, it can change the teams in this set so they're the brawl originals (red mario is default mario instead of mario01), and it can keep the brawl order for the costumes, which would need a different set of portrait files.

The codes are adapted to Project M in case the gct file is found to be a Project M gct, so there's nothing to edit manually in it anymore.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

Stage shadows tutorial

Okami Takahashi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: July 27, 2013, 02:56:34 PM »

This is a neat tool; but will I still have to go through the painstaking process of making new csps and all? Dumb question I know. This whole things still confusing to me.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

The program handles and sets up the codes. The codes allow the game to load extra character costumes from either the sd card or the game disc. Now, if there's no csp's in either sd or disc, the wii will crash when trying to select a csp that's not there. Same thing if the character files aren't found.

So, the tool allows you to customize the code, but you'll always need the csp files to be prepared for this. You can get the files from the cbliss package, or if you already had your csp's, you can keep using them flawlessly, unless you want to keep the brawl order (third option in the program), in that case you'd need to re-order your portraits.

Stage shadows tutorial

Robjoe
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »

It looks like I have a bug to to report with your cBliss Tool.

Last night I was going down the character list, adjusting everyone's maximum costume amount, and when I got to Meta Knight, something strange started happening. It seems that, for all characters beneath Wario, the number of costumes refuses to properly adjust using the drop-down menu. It will subtract 4 from the number I actually enter. So for instance, if I enter 10, the program will give the character 6 costumes. Entering 9 gives them 5, 8 becomes 4, and so on.

Again, this seem to occur only for the characters listed beneath Wario. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Wario can have a maximum of 12 costumes, while all the other characters can only go up to 10?

At any rate, it's quite a handy little tool, so it'd be great if you could fix this. Smiley

Actually, while I'm posting here, I might as well also ask: Would it be possible to let the user manually choose which characters use the default Brawl team colors and which use new team colors? For instance, if I had Link use his default color for green team (like in vanilla Brawl), but also have Ness use his new FitNess01 costume for red team? I ask because in Brawl, some characters use their default colors for teams when they really shouldn't (Ness and ROB for example would benefit from having actual "red" colors), while others have default colors that work fine for teams (try making Sonic more blue than he already is).

Would you be able to implement a feature like that into your tool? If not, could you at least post a breakdown of how the "Custom CSS Expansion Slots" code is built? I could probably mess with the team colors manually if I understood how the code works. (I've looked at it myself, but it doesn't appear to be a simple list of costumes ID's like I'd hoped it would be.)

Some help or explanation in that area would be greatly appreciated!

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:07 AM »

Hi. You're right, that's a glitch, something I missed. The program reads well the number of costumes, but writes them the wrong way. I'll go for it right now.

I'll also try the feature you've suggested, so you can select if the teams are cbliss or brawl character by character. I know how to do it and shouldn't be hard.

Anyway, if you wanted to edit the code by yourself, this is how it works:

The first line just defines the place in memory and amount of data. The data itself starts on the second line, and it all is the same. First number is team, second number is costume. 00 is red team, 03 is green team and 01 is blue team. 0C is end of list, so there will be as much costumes as pairs of numbers before you find the '0C'. Also, each character is 3 lines, except for Wario, and the order is the same as in the list on the program.

So, suppose this is Mario:

00000906 01030204
    08050302 00010507
    0B080409 0C000000

FitMario00 is red team. Next mario in the CSS is Mario06. Mario03 goes next and he's blue team. Next are Mario04 and Mario05. Then we have Mario02 on the green team, and next are the expanded slots. Mario01 would be red team too, but as Mario00 is first, Mario00 will be the one on red team. Changing the first 00 to anything else would enable Mario01 as red team instead of Mario00.

Each number is a color, being teams only 00, 01 and 03. Playing with those values, you can customize any team. I won't make the tool to be able to fully customize this for the moment, I guess it's not that important and people won't be using it. I'll do it so you can select the team for the standard color (fitxx00), and the rest will be kept by default.

Stage shadows tutorial

Okami Takahashi
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: July 29, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »

Is it possible to use Cbliss with the Custom Stage Expansion mod? I just tried using the Cbliss installed on Link, Fox, Game and Watch and Lucario and it froze before I could select Lucario...

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2013, 03:14:24 PM »

If it froze before selecting lucario and not in the stage selection screen, then it's most likely that something's wrong with the lucario files, either csp files or the actual costume files.

I've been using stage expansion and alternate stage loader from the beginning and I got no issues at all.

By the way, cBliss tool is already updated with the fix and the new feature.

Stage shadows tutorial

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2013, 06:24:13 AM »

cBliss Tool: New update with another small fix regarding to code updating.

GCT Analyzer: Fixed some issues with certain codes and added the Replacement SoundBank Engine code to the database, as well as the PAL cBliss codes.

Stage shadows tutorial

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »

For your CBliss tool, is there a way to make it just so i can open it without opening a gct? I use wiiflow, which uses txt codes.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 15
    Print
    Jump to: