Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zero Suit Samus  (Read 1103 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 16, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

Why exactly is her file size so small? And what does that actually mean?

I'd like to understand a bit better how and why certain things are possible to do with other characters but not with zero suit.

I've seen a PSA with a few of her moves changed so I know its possible to redo at least a couple of her moves... But what is it exactly thats her problem as to why its so hard to hack her?

Has a port of ZSS to another character not been found yet? I've seen a Zelda hack with a lot of moves similar to ZSS, so maybe that could be the ticket.

The reason why I'm asking is because I have a Cammy texture and it just seems to me that a moveset for Cammy (not a big one... just a few moves like her spiral arrow and maybe switch her gun for a different move) wouldn't take that much space. I mean her spiral arrow could be a redo of ZSS's current down B... The gun and whip attacks could be kicks... It just doesn't seem like a lot of work (besides the usual amount of work it takes to do moveset/animation hacks) to me. But I have a feeling that if i request it, someone is going to pop in and say 'Hey... thats not possible due to ZSS's file size limit'

So I'm asking here and now to better understand this problem.

Side Question: Ness... is that a suitable port for Peach? I've seen the hack around but I didn't know if it required a .rel or not.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »

the reason her limit is so small is because ZSS and samus share a file size. it's completely possible to hack her just like everyone else but u will get the beep of death more often, the biggest problem i think is people just don't have the patience for it

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »

Doesn't that mean Zelda and Sheik share a file size? Wouldn't the same hold true for them as well? Even Pkmn Trainer?

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:11:41 AM »

Doesn't that mean Zelda and Sheik share a file size? Wouldn't the same hold true for them as well? Even Pkmn Trainer?

yes actually they also share a file size, i think wario(man) and (giga)bowser do too unsure on that last bit tho. samus and zss have a particularly tight file size tho however, there have been a few movesets made for them like dark samus prime and motoko over zss. i've also been making a move set for samus as well as ZSS.

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: