Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Bye
kbye - 37 (51.4%)
seeyoulater - 35 (48.6%)
Total Voters: 72

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54
Author Topic: Starwaffle is gone =|  (Read 187833 times)
Pik
Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #780 on: October 12, 2011, 12:30:41 PM »

This is really vague, why not a bit more explaining?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #781 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »

He just needs a break, like I did. I should probably do something soon though.

But the way he's been putting this stuff out, it's probably starting to feel like work to him rather than a hobby he does for fun. That's how it's starting to feel for me, so I'm slowing down on my releases and works. It's that and college for ME anyway.

Take as much time as you need Star.

15 people are selfish
    11 people are trolling
    the 10 people that picked 3 weeks - 1 month have the right idea.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #782 on: October 12, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

He just needs a break, like I did. I should probably do something soon though.

But the way he's been putting this stuff out, it's probably starting to feel like work to him rather than a hobby he does for fun. That's how it's starting to feel for me, so I'm slowing down on my releases and works. It's that and college for ME anyway.

Take as much time as you need Star.

15 people are selfish
    11 people are trolling
    the 10 people that picked 3 weeks - 1 month have the right idea.
    i voted for the last option and im not trolling lol since many vertexers are saying the model importer is coming we are out of "job" i tough he fell into that groove since many vertexers will stop brawl hacking once the model importer is out

Dot
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic King for a Day Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #783 on: October 12, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »

i voted for the last option and im not trolling lol since many vertexers are saying the model importer is coming we are out of "job" i tough he fell into that groove since many vertexers will stop brawl hacking once the model importer is out

no they wont, they should make custom models so they can be imported, if its a custom model, it has less limitations rite?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
    PM if you add?

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Hey! Listen! Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #784 on: October 12, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »

I've been meaning to say this for awhile... but I've just gotta say that if there are any vertexers leaving just because of the Model Importer, then they're just plan stupid.

I mean sure, with it we'll be able to have the original models of characters into Brawl, but That Shouldn't mean that Vertexers should stop vertexing.

I mean, what about characters who have no 3-D model whatsoever or characters who only have blocky, low definition models from the N64 era? Vertexers could still be around and make quality vertexes of those characters.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #785 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »

I've been meaning to say this for awhile... but I've just gotta say that if there are any vertexers leaving just because of the Model Importer, then they're just plan stupid.

I mean sure, with it we'll be able to have the original models of characters into Brawl, but That Shouldn't mean that Vertexers should stop vertexing.

I mean, what about characters who have no 3-D model whatsoever or characters who only have blocky, low definition models from the N64 era? Vertexers could still be around and make quality vertexes of those characters.
    i agree but im not a vertexer they are the ones who have to decide i also think there are alot of models that will maybe need some edits here and there like putting in tstance fixing hands or body or like lots of ppl say they can make custom models from scratch but i have seen some of them saying they will just stop hacking and  do other stuff

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #786 on: October 12, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »

I've been meaning to say this for awhile... but I've just gotta say that if there are any vertexers leaving just because of the Model Importer, then they're just plan stupid. I mean sure, with it we'll be able to have the original models of characters into Brawl, but That Shouldn't mean that Vertexers should stop vertexing. I mean, what about characters who have no 3-D model whatsoever or characters who only have blocky, low definition models from the N64 era? Vertexers could still be around and make quality vertexes of those characters.

The problem is that it will most likely be replaced with custom models sooner or later. =\

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #787 on: October 12, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »

If a character doesn't have a preexisting model, make a new one. Vertexing would be totally obsolete.

There's literally so many more advantages to making a custom model...

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #788 on: October 13, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »

unless u hate rigging... xDD

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

Afraid my dear? There nothing to be afraid of ...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #789 on: October 13, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »

unless u hate rigging... xDD

Wasn't that part of the "revolution" of this new importer, that model could be ajusted to fit a character existing skeleton? Also, will model import allow the character to have expresions (ouch face, eye blinking and such)? It's one of the thing i hate with import most of them are like dummies. Anyway, I'm sort of septical about this importer thing because when the fisrt importer came out it was supposed to be a big revolution as well and it turn out to be a huge flop (at least for playable character) to me, most import are unfontional  and make the game crash or cause glitchs. In my opinion, for this importer to be worthy of the name "revolution" it has to be playable (no game freezing glitch), the characters most not be "T-pose" 90% of the time and it shouldn't take 6 mounth to a year to make a half complete hack. I mean, import model that have been work on for almost 2 years are not even 50% complete. IF this new importer doesn't reduce the completion of a "full hack" (by "full hack" i mean model + PSA that is at least playable), i'd say stick with the vertex.

お前はもう死んでいる。

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #790 on: October 13, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »

Each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Custom models:
    Pros: Nearly no limitations, better looking results
    Cons: Must keep Wii limitations in mind, requires a lot of time and a lot of skill

Importing models:
    Pros: Possibly quick and easy, best looking results (for higher poly characters)
    Cons: Unknown if faces and eyes will funtion, must stick to the original model and textures, things may not line up correctly with bones

Vertexing:
    Pros: Known results, quaility depends on skill of maker
    Cons: Very limited, using only materials given to one by Nintendo, Normal glitches

The lists are probably a lot bigger, but this is just to convey my general point. Everything has pros and cons. Of course, importing will put a lot of stage makers out of a job as well, so it's not like Vertexersare the only ones effected. The dawn of MarioKart's vertexing method nearly put solo texture hackers such as myself out of a job as well, but yet they're still here. Just keep in mind that some people will cling to the old ways, and some are ready to embrace the future.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #791 on: October 13, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

Wasn't that part of the "revolution" of this new importer, that model could be ajusted to fit a character existing skeleton? Also, will model import allow the character to have expresions (ouch face, eye blinking and such)? It's one of the thing i hate with import most of them are like dummies. Anyway, I'm sort of septical about this importer thing because when the fisrt importer came out it was supposed to be a big revolution as well and it turn out to be a huge flop (at least for playable character) to me, most import are unfontional  and make the game crash or cause glitchs. In my opinion, for this importer to be worthy of the name "revolution" it has to be playable (no game freezing glitch), the characters most not be "T-pose" 90% of the time and it shouldn't take 6 mounth to a year to make a half complete hack. I mean, import model that have been work on for almost 2 years are not even 50% complete. IF this new importer doesn't reduce the completion of a "full hack" (by "full hack" i mean model + PSA that is at least playable), i'd say stick with the vertex.

importer doesnt do everything on its own, u must rig the imported model to an already existing boneset, but u still must rig it... unless u want a 100% T-posed character...

and if it works, it wont be like the first imports, which had DIFERENT BONESETS than the character they're over... now they will be read by the game as if they were actually that character...

but yeah, rigging the thing must be a pain in the ass...

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #792 on: October 13, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #793 on: October 13, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »

you wont post here anymore?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #794 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »

...Wait what?
    Are you kidding me?

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54
    Print
    Jump to: