Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: So has everyone made the switch over to Riivolution??  (Read 15491 times)
Jaklub
Supreme Kitten

Personal Text:

• Awards Featured Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »

Use Wiiscrubber -> custom SFX in Gecko.

As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 10:17:18 AM »

well yeah, you can do that. but replacing the .brsar takes forever, with the risk of corrupting the iso. >.<

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »

I use Riivolution and have customized it to the way that I want it (Read: Heavily). Works really well for me, considering I have an 8gb SD card and 6 different modsets on there (Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, P:M, a Machinima setup, and my customized hack setup). On an SD card Riivolution is awesome, but it is incredibly slow if you're running it off USB. On the other hand, if you use USB you can still use the SD card for photos and replays and stages. Also, with this you can replace SFX without using an ISO at all.

The thing is though, the alternate file loader and alternate stage loader doesn't work on Riivolution. I have a couple of theories to try out involving the FPC and such with a lot of directory manipulation, but otherwise it's impossible. Also, the load times are slightly faster, and if you have a USB loader it is much better to go that route. As everyone else has said, if you use a USB loader you can still change SFX in wiiscrubber. If you use a disc with gecko, you're screwed.

So, if you have a working Brawl disc and have a good sized SD card (or a USB drive) like me, Riivolution's probably the way to go and a lot easier to use if you set it up right. If you really want the alternate stage and file loaders or use a USB Loader, Gecko's the answer.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »

The only thing I dont like aboout Riivo. is the fac tthat you need XML thingys. I used it for NSMBWii before my sd card got stuck, and i was confused. but once i got the xml, thingy, it was great. i replaced songs, changed textures, and everyting. i tried it once on brawl, and i couldnt get ocarina codes to work. that is why i never used it for brawl. now that i cant use discs, i cant lookinto using ocarina codes.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: