Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Tales Of Symphonia Link!  (Read 7442 times)
Naruto200Man
Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 31, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »

After years of fighting Ganondorf with the master sword and other various equipment, link has decided to take up magic. What kind of magic? The Tales Of kind of course! This moveset is one that I have planned after I finish updating Dark Super Sonic. (He's about 75% finished atm, just needs air A's, specials, and FS) I'll be trying some new stuff with graphics and articals, yippie.

A Combo: A few quick slashes, they're different than his normal slashes
    Side Tilt: Demon Fang,  a basic arte he couldn't pass up.
    Side Tilt B: Double Demon Fang, press A+B to launch two demon fangs Smiley
    Up Tilt: A custom spell, he slashes his sword upward in an arch and releases a shockwave.
    Down Tilt: The same

Air A's: The same

Up Smash: Ground Dagger, using his megaton hammer link will slam his trusty sledge from Ocarina of Time into the ground with a great force. Causing spiked pillars of stone to rize up on both sides and attack the enemies many times.
    Side Smash: Raging Beast
    Down Smash: Gravity Well

Up Special: The same but it only spins once and the charging animation/stance will be like in twilight princess.
    Down Special: Lightning Blade
    Side Special: Sword Rain Alpha, he will continue to slash away until you let go of the B button.
    Neutral Special: Hurricane: A custom spell in which link raises his sword into the air in order to sumon a mighty vortex of wind that slices through enemies.
    Final Smash: Ultimate Dins Fire: Link will perform the stance for his spell Dins Fire, and then unleash a huge vortex of flames that covers a good part of the screen!

Stats:
    Weight: about average, a little lighter than DK
    Speed: pretty decent now that he's not lugging all that extra equipment around. He'll move about as fast as mario.
    Air Maneuverability: Dunno, probably closer to Lucario or Fox's
    Size: about ganondorf's size

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 09:06:46 PM »

Needs moar SATSUGEKI BUKOUKEN!

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

LKR000
    Mega Kitten

I love brawl hacks :P

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:35:29 AM »

Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck with it Cheesy

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:53:32 AM »

Needs moar SATSUGEKI BUKOUKEN!

Your excitedness for this project amuses me =_=;

Eh I'll be using effects from various pokemon if I'm lucky, like entei's graphic for his FS =3
    Also some Assist trophy graphics might be used too. Knuckle Joe's fist blur will be good for raging beast. Or I could use the one from the lloyd psa...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

Yep, definitely needs more [Stahnvoice]SATSUGEKI BUKOUKEN![/Stahnvoice] Or just [Regalvoice]Final Fury![/Regalvoice] You could call his FS Final Fury: Din's Inferno! You know, since everyone always has a subtitle for that move. It starts like Stahn's with all the fire-elemental aerial attacks and ends with a dive and a giant Din's Fire explosion! /randomness

On a more serious note:

Neutral-B doesn't need a custom Hurricane spell, there's already Tempest from ToV. It's just a massive tornado with a blast of lightning descending through the centre. The tornado pulls enemies in so they're hit by the lightning, then it blows them away. You could just look up a Tales of Vesperia Raven Arte Exhibition on Youtube. I'd link you to one with the time and everything, but I can't watch Youtube on this computer.

And for up tilt... Maybe Tiger Blade? Or a purely vertical Tempest? (As in, the Strike Arte, rather than the spell. They call it Tempest Strike in games that have both the spell and the Arte.)

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:07 PM »

Interesting Idea...

Down Aerial should be Thunder Blade. Works like Toon Links Dair, has a but longer ending lag but with a multi-hit electric effect when he lands.

Also, It's "Gound Dasher" not Dagger...

Up Smash should be Spread or Grave.

Up Special should be like Giga Bowsers, on the ground, it's Ice Tornado. In the air, victory light spear.
    OR
    Severing Wind.

Down Special could be Absolute or Prisim Sword.

And the Final Smash could be "Triforce Unison". (Custom Move)
    Link would start off Like Triforce Slash but doesn't dash at them.
    Instead he slashes once with Fire. (Representing Power)
    Slashes a second time with Aura (Representing Wisdom)
    He raises his sword charging with energy
    Then, he overhead slashes with with the master sword with Light (Representing Courage) shattering the triforce and sending the enemy flying.

...And I plan on including "Tempest" into my Raven moveset...

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »

For one, I'm using the Tales of Symphonia games as my reference for the spells. The other Tales of games aren't related to this psa at all. As that would make my arte selection quite difficult.

For the Side B, I may use the form of tempest that Emil uses, where he flies forward in the air and slashes at his enemies while spinning around in a circle.

I like the idea of the up smash being Spread, dunno how I'm going to get those graphics though. Spread if I remember straight was several pillars of water shooting out from the ground right?

Down Air could be the brawl variant of the NORMAL lightning blade. Down B air could be the version of lightning blade that summons the giant sword made of lightning. (I think that's thunderblade) That Zelose uses.

Forward Air could probably be Sword Rain and the forward A could be sword rain Alpha.
    The A combo could probably be Demon fang in it's various forms. (Demon Fang, Double Demon Fang, Feirce Demon Fang in that order)

I think Rising Pheonix may be better for the up B as it covers both sides while acending.

The Final smash is still in the concept stages. It WILL be a custom spell, and it WONT resemble any exsisting spell in the series.

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »

If this is a success, NaruZeldaMaster, I think you should make Richter's PSA once im done with Rigging his model. Waddaya say? lol

Anyways, these are all interesting ideas, and i deffinatley support this project. One concern of mine, however, is that it will be too Over-Powered. Just keep all the damages the same for now and let a few people test it out with feedback, and only change the damages for the moves they say, and what they say. Just a suggestion.

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

Link won't be op-ed if he's up against the richter and LLoyd psa's XD

BTW I looked through some arte exibition videos and decided on a final smash and changed a few things around.

A combo: Unchanged
    Tilts: Unchanged

U Air A: Marth's Up Smash animation but with the sword in the opposite hand (I will need to make this animation from scratch though >_<)
    Side Air A: Sonic Thrust <3
    Down Air A: Lightning Blade, tap A button to chain this move AKA SPAMMM IN A FRICKIN CANNNN XD

N Air A: unchanged

U Smash: Photon: Link enters a reversed version of zelos's spell casting stance(because link holds his shield/sword in the opposite hands that Zelose does) in order to charge up for a release of the photon spell. The ball of light appears at the tip of the blade and does fire damage. And yes, I KNOW it's a light arte, but there are no "light" flags in brawl except for pits arrows which don't seem to do anything special.
    Damage(Instant): 3% up to five times Damage (Half charge): 5% up to four times Damage(full charge): 7% damage up to three times.

D Smash: Spread: Link enters zelos's spell casting stance before unleashing spread.
    Graphics will hopefully be whatever squirtle uses in his up-b and damage and range will increase in size depending on the charge.
    Damage(Instant): 5% with short range Damage(Half charge): 10% with medium range Damage(Full charge): 15% with a balanced range (inbetween the short and medium range)

Side Smash: Hell Pyre: Link leaps upward then downward without sending a fireball toward his enemy. Similar to Zelos's animation.
    Damage(Instant): 4% Damage (Half charge): 8% Damage (Full charge): 12% + a bit more knockback.

U Special: Light Spear: Zelos's Light spear from TOS2: Will hopefully be chargable and have different ranges and damage depending on the charge. For the beta it will be a basic upgrade to his normal up b with a new animation + graphics.

D Special: Heal: Link enters Zelos's spell casting stance while checking his damage level.
    If his damage level is over 75% he recovers 5%
    If his Damage level is over 100% he recovers 10%
    If his damage is under 75% he recovers 3% for a few frames.

S Special: Grand Chariot: Link will throw his boomerang and summon lightning (about the same as Collete's Grand Chariot) to attack the opponent with <3

Final Smash: I thought it over and figured I'd give him three seperate FS's for you guys to choose from ^+^ This way you could pick one to use with your favorite spell Cheesy

Option one: Dins Wrath: Link casts a super powered version of dins fire after charging it up for a while. Will have lots of range but only hits three or four times.

Option two: Faroes Rage: Link casts an offensive variant of Faroes wind. Let's hope Lloyd and Ricther don't get blown away in the chaos lol

Option three: Nayru's Anger: A super charged variant of Zelda's neutral b with more range, knockback, and lightning damage. Link also recovers 25% health due to nayru's "love"

On another note: Demon Fang/Double Demon fang, I will need some help programing this one since I don't know how to use "offsets" that well. I'll probably do the animations though <3

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:41 PM »

I would like to see how this PSA would actually turn out.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »

I would like to see how this PSA would actually turn out.

It may take me a while, but I swear I'm going to finish it >-< Link has one of the most forgiving filesize limits and external graphics posibilities in the entire roster~

Thankfully I won't have to change his side special too much XD just make it so that he only throws it in one direction (Straight forward) and change the graphics/damage around some Cheesy

I'm not sure if I'll be able to put the demon fangs in the beta version. But I'll at least have the animations and blade damage done >_<

Can anyone get me a list of links Sound Effect ID's? Just the ones for his voice effects I mean, please and thankyou <3

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 04:13:05 PM »

Sorry for double posting but meh...I made that post yesterday...

Anyway, does anyone know what external graphic the light lines are for Marth and/or Ike's entry animations are?

Not the circles that apear underneath them, just the lines of light that appear. I think they're a seperate graphic, and hopefully they are.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »

Sorry for double posting but meh...I made that post yesterday...

Anyway, does anyone know what external graphic the light lines are for Marth and/or Ike's entry animations are?

Not the circles that apear underneath them, just the lines of light that appear. I think they're a seperate graphic, and hopefully they are.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »

They Are Seperate Graphics i Believe.

or apart of the Model of that Circle.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

I think they're part of the model for the glyph.

I'm pretty sure but not 100%...

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: