Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: editing stage collision and boundaries screws with stage animations  (Read 1586 times)
drspaceman
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

so I've been messing with brawlwall and have been editing certain stages cameras and boundaries, as me and my friends always play 4 player and we generally like a bit more room. things have been working, except on certain stages when i edit the death boundaries certain stage elements get messed up. For example, I edited the yoshis story melee stage (the final one by KTH and GameWatching) but a few seconds after the match starts, randall freezes, the waves in the background freeze, and Pack E Derm freezes. the stage is playable but i wanted to fix it. any thoughts?

Guamboy27
Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:09:08 PM »

Brawlwall is a helpful program, but if you save the stage in it, it can have unusual effects like the ones you named. I have a stage tutorial that has advice for using Brawlwall.
    Chapter 4: The Usefulness of BrawlWall:
    Part 1: Boundaries:
       The boundaries of a stage involve two parts: the Camera and the Death Boundaries. Select the CamLimit0N, CamLimit1N, Dead0N, and Dead1N in the bottom left corner. Play around with the X and Y coordinates of the CamLimit0N, CamLimit1N, Dead0N, and Dead1N. Try to keep the death boundaries out side of the camera.
       When you finish and have boundaries that match your stage, don't save!!! Open Notepad and record the coordinates of each point. Then, without saving in Brawlwall, open the stage Brawlbox. Go to MiscData[100] and view the model. You'll see a bunch of green lines, bones. If you look at the bone names you'll find the boundary points! Here you can edit each point in Brawlbox. When you finish, you can finally save.
    The first paragraph is talking about what you do in BrawlWall. If you already know how to use it, you can just skip to the second paragraph.

drspaceman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »

guamboy thank you you are now officially my hero
    also wow u did junglehijinx? thats on my sd card right now one of me and my friends often played levels.

Guamboy27
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

guamboy thank you you are now officially my hero
    also wow u did junglehijinx? thats on my sd card right now one of me and my friends often played levels.
    Yeah, I actually know what BrawlWall can do from experience. One of my stages I edited with BrawlWall and now it constantly changes its color scheme when I play it (although it looks pretty cool so I kept it that way). Hopefully, my advice will help fix your problem. Also, it's good to know people are enjoying my stage!  Wink

drspaceman
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »

yes yes it definetely helped thanks alot!

Guamboy27
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »

yes yes it definetely helped thanks alot!
    Good to hear. Your welcome!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: