Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Project Bomberman actual progress!!!  (Read 17747 times)
frostymm
Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »

@mariofan
     How would I diversify the explosion graphic exactly? I mean if I could make the explosions look kind of like they did in bomberman 64 or spread out like they do in regular bomberman that'd be cool and all but I don't think it'd work so well with alot of the stuff I've already done and I can't really mess with anything reguarding links bomb either. I don't wanna mess up any other characters besides the one bomberman replaces.

@Omniscient
    Wait so you basically want me to attach an external graphic to a bone and just animate it to be a projectile? That sounds really nifty and all but I need the projectile to move independantly of bomberman for one. Two, the pikmin are articles and I can't really make them follow any bone, there's nothing in Olimars PSA for them really. And three, I've already decided that I was going to mod a poison mushroom or bob-omb to just slide forward really fast and explode upon hitting somebody, it should work out pretty well if I can mod it right.

If I'm wrong though, I'd like to hear more in a P:M or something.

@Darkwolf
    What can you contribute?

Edit: I think the best way to make the slide bombs work is if I made poison shrooms explode on impact instead of shrink. But I desperately need someone who can do item mods.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:37:04 AM by frostymm » Logged

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »

@mariofan
     How would I diversify the explosion graphic exactly? I mean if I could make the explosions look kind of like they did in bomberman 64 or spread out like they do in regular bomberman that'd be cool and all but I don't think it'd work so well with alot of the stuff I've already done and I can't really mess with anything reguarding links bomb either. I don't wanna mess up any other characters besides the one bomberman replaces.
    I'm not saying change the GFX, just use different GFX.
    There's plenty of different GFX for explosions, but from the video I saw, you're only using one for the moveset. Just choose some different looking ones, at random I guess, for the moves.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »

So basically you want me to just use random explosion graphics for all the different moves?

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

Yeah. Seeing the same one over and over gets kinda boring.

GabbaGhoul
    Supreme Kitten

There are still people who use this site?

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:50:32 AM »

Good to see somone finally making bomberman, or attempting anyway.
    I understand your having trouble with grabs specials and fs.
    And to be honest I dont understand to do any of the 3.
    Im a pretty good animator, I worked on project klonoa myself for a few days. never sent the animations though. (hard to balance between this kind of stuff and life so havent done alot of this recently.) got off it for awhile. But I may never use klonoa again till its finished and ported over somone else since scott pilgrims release.

Anyway down to the point I dont really use olimar alot because there are never any good hacks over him. I see this one looking pretty intresting though and Id be glad to help with any animation or regualr attack hitboxes etc.

By the way when the pikmin (bombs) attack your going to have to modify that graphic if it hasnt been already, and simulataniously have that pikmin (bomb) take damage explode graphic effect (and die)
    also when you throw the bombs they should explode when they hit the ground not just run back to you.

Dont know if youve done any of that yet I havent had the chance to try the psa quite yet.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »

@Mariofan
    That doesn't really make any sense though....

@Vamayro
    Easier said than done. We already know all of that XD Its just that the Pikmin aren't in the PSA, they're articles.... I personally have no idea how to edit articles at all. In fact the only reason that the Pikmin are even bombs that explode already is because EternalYoshi did it. Meaning that I may not be able to fix anything on them at all. If it turns out that way I'll just not use them and make the down special something else entirely.

GabbaGhoul
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »

@frostymm
    Indeed, articles are some of the most difficult things to edit in my opinion; though There are quite a few people that are great with articles. Me personally would like to learn how to do all of the things previously said. BUT, No one has any decent tutorials explaining how to do said things. I was Independently working on a Flamedramon psa wich also was another great vertex by starwaffle. I found a cool person that made a fireball for it, Got some old jumping animations from angelic lucario. Converted all normal attacks to fire damage and made a few custom attacks, stopped working on it and never released it to the public. Butnow that Ive realized it Im off topic as hell. My point being we need to ask somone we know can edit articles.

@frostymm and mariofan
    Now im pretty sure he means like there are what 4-5 diffrent pikmin, maybe one get a bigger explosion maybe one bombs bigger then another, maybe you have a chance of pulling up a power bomb which would require more work on that articles model in general. I like the idea of that it sounds like a huge pain though.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 04:59:05 AM »

I'm just saying that for different moves, use different GFX. I'm not saying that they're randomly selected during runtime.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »

As far as the Pikmin go I'm just going to avoid the whole different elemental bombs thing. Its a little silly and it was only used in one game that I never played anyway. If I can I'll just try and make all the pikmin work like a regular bomb except a little bigger. I already figured out how to trigger their death animations with PSA so if I can just make them sit there it'd make a good remote bomb (Like from bomberman 64)

And as far as the graphics go there isn't really much point in putting different explosion graphics on them because there aren't that many types of explosions besides the ones from 64 second attack. If anything I'll change all the explosions to look more like they do in the classic bomberman games if I change them at all. Or make them go sorta lengthwise cause that's what they do.

GabbaGhoul
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »

As far as the Pikmin go I'm just going to avoid the whole different elemental bombs thing. Its a little silly and it was only used in one game that I never played anyway. If I can I'll just try and make all the pikmin work like a regular bomb except a little bigger. I already figured out how to trigger their death animations with PSA so if I can just make them sit there it'd make a good remote bomb (Like from bomberman 64)
    Im not saying elemental bombs, that would be pretty stupid actually.
    I meant special bombs like from bomberman act 0 or bomberman for 360 and ps3.
    there are quite a bit actually; remote bomb, line bomb, power bomb, full fire, deadly bomb, motion sensor bomb.
    Not that alot of those should be done though I think 1 or 2 should.

I was thinking as well, the cool bombs that would work right would be; power bomb, remote bomb, motion sensor bomb. Though we shouldn't do anything like this until we finish all regular attacks and animations.

But here are my ideas for pikimin anyway.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Power Bomb - slightly bigger then regular bomb, slightly bigger explosion radius, slightly more damage, over purple pikmin, resize bomb and add A big (P) to the center of the texture
    Remote Bomb - You will need another vertex for this. over white pikmin possibly. And you may be able to look over snake and see how his remote control bomb works.
    Motion Sensor - this is an actual in game bomb, I would just Import that model over one of the pikmin and resize it. then you'll have to figure out a way to have it stay in one spot and not explode until someone touches it.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:30:31 PM by Vamayro » Logged

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »

Yet again easier said than done. There really isn't much out there for viewing articles except maybe OpenSA but even that has most of the parameters as unknown. Not even trying to copy snakes remote bomb will work because that's also an article. If I ever find a decent way to edit the pikmin or find somebody who actually knows what they're doing I might do something like that but so far I'm thinking I might not be able to use the pikmin at all just because they keep teleporting to bomberman whenever he uses an attack near them.

P.S. Bomberman Act Zero isn't a real bomberman game XD

GabbaGhoul
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »

I Disagree. Not only does it have bomber man in the name, but it actually plays the same as the bomberman games, and it has all the bombs and powerups. Minus the fact the characters arent the same, and the storylines in them dont connect in anyway what so ever.
    I heard actual bomberman fans didnt really like the game... I liked it ._.

I understand easier said then done. Articles are a huge pain in the ass. But I know everything I said was possible. Do I ever think it will be done? Nope. Just some ideas.

I still think the powerbomb wouldnt be to hard.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »

Well Bomberman is supposed to be a fun party game. The only way to play with friends in that game is over Xbox live where it would have been plenty easy to just make it multiplayer. (They seemed to see regular multiplayer as so unimportant that they even put it before giving the female character jiggly boobs =.=)

Bomberman fans didn't like it because they couldn't play it with their friends, there was no real storyline like in 64, the gameplay was repetetive and most people didn't have the skill to get passed all 99 levels without dying making it frustrating to play. Though most people will argue that it was just mainly that they took away Bombermans bubbly and cute appearance that they had all come to know and love.

Though it plays like bomberman and has that in its name I can't call it a real bomberman game =/ Its more like a cheap knockoff kind of like Spiral Knights bomb game. Not bomberman, but still fun sometimes.

Back to Project Bomberman, I'll definitely consider those idea's if I can ever do them. I didn't much care for the elemental bomb thing anyway.

strife98
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

I'LL HELP, I wanna help, will you let me help huh? i really wanna help, so can I huh huh can I pleeeaassseee.

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

This guy seems pretty legit, sure bro you can join <3

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: