Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Is HOJ Ver. 3 OP?
Yes - 2 (50%)
No (If you choose no, please give me a strategy the I can easily use that will make the moveset seem more balanced) - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Gaddswell's "Hearts of Justice Version 3" OP?  (Read 2442 times)
クローバー
Hyper Kitten

I'm back, baby~

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 07, 2011, 06:35:37 PM »

I once used Gaddswell's "Hearts of Justice" PSA over Peach when playing with some friends, and one of them told me they thought it was OP.  Ever since then, I've been debating whether it the moveset is OP or not.  When you vote, I would like you to provide a brief explanation as to why you voted as you did.

I will write an explanation as an example (NOTE: You do NOT need to explicitly follow this example.  You can write in whatever style you feel comfortable writing in.):

I said no because personally, I like the look of the PSA.

NOTE: If you voted no, please tell me a strategy that I can use when playing with this PSA to make it seem balanced to my friends.

If you are interested in the PSA I am talking about or need to test it out to make your decision, follow this link.

NOTE for Gaddswell: I'm not doing this to harm you or your reputation in any way.  HOJ is my favorite of all Peach PSAs.

Current Persona: Jigglypuff
    Check out my Touhou music thread!
    About requests:
    I only do music requests.  My policy is on my art thread.
    Current Request: none

My art threadCheesy
    *NEW!!* YouTube Channel

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »

Nope, your friend is just bad at the game.

クローバー
    Hyper Kitten

I'm back, baby~

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:46:06 PM »

Nope, your friend is just bad at the game.
    Very funny.  Tongue

About requests:

My art threadCheesy
    *NEW!!* YouTube Channel

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

Hm... From what I see in a video... The attacks themselves seem alright... But. The damage seems a bit insane. Take a look at this.
    K

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me... She did 27% damage with one side tilt... She needs some damage readjustments.

But still... She's no more broken then say... Meta Knight, from the looks of it, you can DI out of her kill moves.

So my opinion is mixed here. On one hand, no, she isn't broken, but on another... A bit, yes. But what do you expect? That's a very old PSA, almost all old PSAs were unbalanced in some way...

Edit: Wait... Let me actually TEST this myself... I think I was wrong about that side tilt...

Edit 2:
    Alright... I have mixed feelings... In some ways, no, she really isn't too overpowered, especially for an old PSA...

But, up smash has a lot of range, power, and knock back... That move should be nerfed I feel. Also, some of her tilts are lagless... Her up air is basically her old up tilt, but with two hits, and a good bit of kill power... Her forward smash has an odd property... It can hit, even after she's holding out her parasol, and this can kill easy... And eats shields up. There might be more to say about it...

But all and all, it's beatable, your friends should just fight against it more... Although it would be nice to have one that's fixed up a bit more.
    <_<
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:28:26 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

クローバー
    Hyper Kitten

I'm back, baby~

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »

Hm... From what I see in a video... The attacks themselves seem alright... But. The damage seems a bit insane. Take a look at this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40u8TytHrR4&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s
    Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me... She did 27% damage with one side tilt... She needs some damage readjustments.

But still... She's no more broken then say... Meta Knight, from the looks of it, you can DI out of her kill moves.

So my opinion is mixed here. On one hand, no, she isn't broken, but on another... A bit, yes. But what do you expect? That's a very old PSA, almost all old PSAs were unbalanced in some way...

Edit: Wait... Let me actually TEST this myself... I think I was wrong about that side tilt...

Edit 2:
    Alright... I have mixed feelings... In some ways, no, she really isn't too overpowered, especially for an old PSA...

But, up smash has a lot of range, power, and knock back... That move should be nerfed I feel. Also, some of her tilts are lagless... Her up air is basically her old up tilt, but with two hits, and a good bit of kill power... Her forward smash has an odd property... It can hit, even after she's holding out her parasol, and this can kill easy... And eats shields up. There might be more to say about it...

But all and all, it's beatable, your friends should just fight against it more... Although it would be nice to have one that's fixed up a bit more.
    <_<

I know what you mean about the up smash and side smash.  The up smash should be a little smaller in range and weaker. 

The side smash, as I've read about on Gaddswell's HOJ Ver. 3 update post, was pretty broken from the start.  From what I've read, it was even more broken in versions 1 & 2. 

In any case, I agree with you fully.  She does have some OP-ish moves, but they're just as avoidable as any other normal move.  However, I will say that it also depends on the player.  I charge the smashes constantly, which allows me to kill opponents with 50% damage given that someone is in the right place at the right time.  On the other hand, someone who uses the C-stick or doesn't charge smashes would probably get kills at more reasonable amounts of damage.  In that case, the PSA wouldn't seem OP.

As a result, I believe that my playing style is partly to blame for the response I got.

About requests:

My art threadCheesy
    *NEW!!* YouTube Channel

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »

not really, charging the smashes can actually leave you really wide open, and it's easier to predict that.

Since the moves are much slower this way... Charged moves are far harder to use then uncharged... So, you may very well be simply out playing your friends in this case.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: