Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21
Author Topic: Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)  (Read 161314 times)
Bush
ALL YOUR PLANT ARE BELONG TO BUSH
Special Access

• Awards 2011 SSBB Tournament Winner Pin Collector Staff Helper Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #285 on: September 09, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »

You know, Nintendo actually has nor legal right to remove and void warranty the on HomeBrew.

...the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this does not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.

Someone should sue. Awesome Face

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »

You know, Nintendo actually has nor legal right to remove and void warranty the on HomeBrew.

...the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act states that warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty, this does not apply as the Homebrew Channel is software, not a physical computer part.

On top of that, let's add this. They may as well change the license agreement to it xD

By purchasing this product you agree to the terms of service and the following. At any given time Nintendo will frequently update the wii software and hardware. This is an optional(but suggested) part of the agreement. By Clicking I accept you agree to the terms of service and nintendo has the permission to update and/or remove software from your system without your consent at any given time. This software that can be removed is anything not provided with the purchase of this system (IE we get to screw with your preacious Homebrew) and/or not sponsered by nintendo or it's respected partners.

XD
    WTF  I just made it sound real @_@ lol
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:51:22 PM by NaruZeldaMaster » Logged

Polygon Link
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #287 on: September 15, 2010, 05:20:36 PM »

Agreed, they removed Riivolution from my Wii.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: September 17, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »

Riivolution has been updated to version 1.04.  For more details, go to the link shown below.

http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=496

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: September 18, 2010, 09:43:54 AM »

Great! Cheesy

*sees what's new*

ChaosInvoker
    Mega Kitten

Gone crazy, be back in a few hours

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #290 on: October 09, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »

I think I browsed this topic enough to conclude that it's safe to update the Wii to 4.3 and still get my Homebrew channel back, along with the use of Gecko OS, is that right? The only reason I'd like to update it is so I can go into the Wii shop channel this coming week to get Sonic 4, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Sorry for bumping this topic! >_>

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

I think I browsed this topic enough to conclude that it's safe to update the Wii to 4.3 and still get my Homebrew channel back, along with the use of Gecko OS, is that right? The only reason I'd like to update it is so I can go into the Wii shop channel this coming week to get Sonic 4, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Sorry for bumping this topic! >_>

SONIC 4?? NEXT WEEK?? xD
    *goes off to get a wii points card*

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #292 on: December 18, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

The Neverending Twilight
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: January 03, 2011, 02:19:47 AM »

I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #294 on: January 03, 2011, 07:00:12 AM »

I updated my Wii, sadly, and no longer have Homebrew... but I only updated, because I got Donkey Kong Country Returns and it FORCED me to update, or I wouldn't be able to play it. I didn't realize that the retarded update would REMOVE my Homebrew Channel.

You must've been using an older version of the HBC then.  The current version is compatible with the 4.3 System Menu, and is unaffected by the current Wii updates.

On a side note, all that the Donkey Kong Country Returns update does is stub certain IOSes.  You can easily bypass this update with Gecko OS, or by using a USB Loader program, like WiiFlow.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #295 on: January 03, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »

I installed Priiloader so I (read: other people in my house) could play Kirby's Epic Yarn w/o updating.

CoolGuyMoe
    Intermediate Kitten

Where's my Key?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #296 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »

I used Riivolution to get past it. But my sister didn't know about this and updated my Wii when Just Dance 2 asked for an update.

"Where You At!? Where You At!? Where You At!? OH! Oh My God! Wombo Combo! Get Yo' A** Whooped!!!"

TheFearsomeRyan
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #297 on: January 17, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »

I updated my wii. I got no notifications, and HBC was still there

Black Blood Shooter
    Mega Kitten

Only the insane equate pain with success.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #298 on: January 26, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »

haha im scared to go back on 4.3 my wii will brick Im srs here cause i wanna use the priiloader for videoplayer at the start of the health  warning

though i have question if you have  homebrew but  some weird things have been happening example: i try to start up homebrew broswer and it gives me and error  

those that mean im semi bricked?
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:51:05 AM by Xeire » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »

my wii didnt ask for update (its currently 4.1)  I used priiloader to disable the disc-based update requirement (when going online without priiloader blocking online updates, the game may block you from online gaming until you update....)

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21
    Print
    Jump to: