Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 21
Author Topic: Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)  (Read 161324 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 28, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »

Hackmii Installer .7

Compatible with 4.3! If you've already updated, you'll require some work-around method or to install again with either Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns.

If I may say, it's absolutely beautiful. -picano

-----------

EVEN WORSE THAN 4.2.

Do not update if you want to keep your Homebrew. 4.3 does a better job of deleting it and making sure you can't get it back.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.3

If you want to continue using the Shop Channel, use WiiSCU. (Thanks, mnsg!)
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:10:11 PM by picano » Logged

Anyone
    Hyper Kitten

When my balz itch, I scratch em.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »

Thanks. You just saved my ass, Vyse.

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »

Well no one should have updated anyway, only and idiot would have.

Prepare for a barrage of  topics saying, HOW DO I GET HOMEBREW ON 4.2???

Anyone
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)

KaiserYoshi
    Advanced Kitten

You can't defeat me because I've got magic aaargh.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:22:30 PM »

I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
    I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!

Look at my topic, you ungrateful swine
    Ask me before you upload modifications of my textures.

Anyone
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »

I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
    Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:04:35 AM »

Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

they r not concerned about the brawl hacking, textures, movesets, stuff like that. They r worried about the plp who pirate games such as brawl or other games.

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Anyone
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:13:44 AM »

they r not concerned about the brawl hacking, textures, movesets, stuff like that. They r worried about the plp who pirate games such as brawl or other games.
    Understandable, but that'll just make me wanna buy the wii even more. Can't beat free games. (Don't lie, you, too desire free games. Give into the darkside.  Evil )

Tyeforce
    Hyper Kitten

Nintendo/Sonic Fanboy

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=98610

Well, they finally did it. Nintendo got rid of the Homebrew Channel...kinda. Apparently the update removes the Homebrew Channel, but you can easily reinstall it using Indian Pwns or the Brawl Stage Builder exploit. Anyway, I intend on updated my Wii as soon as I have access to wi-fi that works for it, so I need to know if the SD loader and everything will still work. Has anyone updated yet, and are any Brawl-related hacks affected?

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:52:41 AM »

Understandable, but that'll just make me wanna buy the wii even more. Can't beat free games. (Don't lie, you, too desire free games. Give into the darkside.  Evil )

ok I'll admit, I have a couple of pirated games and all the others games I backed up onto my terrabyte HDD. I buy the games I support like The Conduit, Dead Space Extraction, Mario games, Zelda games, Pokemon Games Pretty much all the major francises and people actually trying to change the wii's image to a mature system and not a shovelware system.
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:27:23 PM by fireking220 » Logged

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 02:22:13 AM »

YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3036

Edit: I don't think this update has any purpose besides disabling homebrew, so... why are you jumping to update ASAP?
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:23:43 AM by Vyse » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 02:28:43 AM »

"ummmmm yaaaaa how do i getz homebrew on 4.2"

Anyone
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 02:57:04 AM »

"ummmmm yaaaaa how do i getz homebrew on 4.2"
    not impressed Good one.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 05:25:53 AM »

Ever since I accidentally deleted my Homebrew after updating to 4.0, I've been more cautious about my System Menu after getting it back.  I'm making sure that I stay at 4.0.

Tyeforce
    Hyper Kitten

Nintendo/Sonic Fanboy

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »

YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3036

Edit: I don't think this update has any purpose besides disabling homebrew, so... why are you jumping to update ASAP?
    Because I hate having an outdated Wii.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: