Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Is it okay to make the same texture as someone else?
hell ya - 33 (57.9%)
as long as it's better - 10 (17.5%)
no - 1 (1.8%)
only if you give credit - 4 (7%)
only if you get permision - 1 (1.8%)
not if theres is more than 10 - 8 (14%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: wtf is with people?  (Read 25666 times)
dally
Mega Kitten

Shadow Being

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 25, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »

ok is it wrong to do the same texture as another person?! i mean, what if people didn't like that texture and wanted one of their own? Wtf is wrong with people, when they see a texture like their's made by someone else? look at what happebd at ESH today, god  Dairantou Glitch [censored] was all like "ass hole i already made this" and if the dude from Dairantou Glitch [censored] is reading this, your texture isn't worth 2 [censored]s anyway, it sucked major ass, and also, make your own textures recoloring someone else's dosen't make it your texture god reading that guys comment really pissed me off... Angry
    Edit: Bonzai, your texture rocked, I don't care if anyone else made it first
    « Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:17:06 PM by dally » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »

I don't see what the big deal is. So if one guy paints a picture of a field, I'm not allowed to present my own take on it? You don't own a texture idea just because you made it first.

I generally notice that the people who say "I made this first" feel threatened because the newer texture is better than their own, so they say they did it first so they can feel superior. It's pathetic. A few months ago, someone posted a pic of a wip Chell texture that looked way better than mine (I made the first and, as far as I know, only Chell). I planned to replace mine in my game as soon as that guy released his (though he never did -- in fact I don't think he posted again -- which was disappointing).

tl;dr: People say that because a) they feel that they have some sort of ownership and/or b) they know the new one is better than theirs so they try to make the other artist look bad via ad hominem.

Random
    Wait, I give myself a title now?!
    Special Access

BIG money! BIG prizes! I LOVE IT!

• Awards Heart Container Founder

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »

Nothing wrong with that...

And its always good to express your mind...And use the biggest words possible...

LOADS of money!...Barbecue tonight?

stickman
    Extreme Kitten

Why are you hitting yourself?

• Awards Pin Collector Ninja Helping Hand Active Contributor

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »

It's perfectly fine to do a texture someone else did. I'm not saying make another freakin Shadow, but by all means try to make what you feel is best. The only time you need to get permission is if you are editing the edited pac from another person. I did that with my PN strap loader with Fit Artifex. There was no trace of FA on it when i was done, but i couldnt access an iso or have someone give me a file, so i used theirs just to have something to edit. Even the other day, n64billy asked me if he could redo my dimentio (and i said yes). You can give credit when you use elements of another edited pac, like injured2day's nude peach FS used parts of Jose Gallardo's pipes on the top and bottom

I say heck yes, make someone else's texture.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:10:23 PM »

more then often plp overeact and go out on the deep end when they see another texture they made and its better. Going back to my midna example. A few days ago I joined these new kitty korp forums and i noticed there were about 3 other midnas out there. I was pissed because they were better than mine sure but that only made me make a better one. The plp who think they own a texture obviously don't know wat competition is.

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »

Competition is a good thing. Creating competition -- thus better textures -- was one of the main goals of that texture review site I wanted to make.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »

exactly vyse, actually i was gonna create a podcast sort of thing to review textures as well

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

redhedge
    Shadow's slave
    Expert Kitten

well....yeah

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 12:31:46 AM »

people can make whatever they want but it gets annoying when there is buttloads of the same thing by 15 different people =3

Register
    Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 02:21:29 AM »

Really, now.
    I don't see why people make such a fuss over textures that other people make, specifically ones you've done and others are making them. That didn't stop people from making [over] 9,000 Shadow the Hedgehog textures when ASH was compatible with the blue blur... No one really cared. I don't see old ]SyntaxError[ members roaming about trolling people who made Shadow, proclaiming "HEY STOP MAKING SHADOW WE MADE HIM ALREADY COPYCATS >( ".

Texture hacking is a form of art; people draw similar stuff all the time in that sense. ]EE[ made Mewcario, SS made Dr. Mario and Roy... That didn't stop me from making my own variations of those characters.

So, if you get inspiration from someone else's work, hey, give them a little credit, too; but if you're inspired by random (and had no idea someone else made the texture), that's understandable, too. I've made plenty of textures that were made by others, without knowledge of it. Pure coincidence.

So haters, learn to shut the hell up and take it. Your texture may have been first in the market, but you shouldn't deter others from making similar variations, just because they're FANS LIKE YOU.
    [censored].

Neon
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 02:48:06 AM »

ok is it wrong to do the same texture as another person?! i mean, what if people didn't like that texture and wanted one of their own? Wtf is wrong with people, when they see a texture like their's made by someone else? look at what happebd at ESH today, god  Dairantou Glitch [censored] was all like "ass hole i already made this" and if the dude from Dairantou Glitch [censored] is reading this, your texture isn't worth 2 [censored]s anyway, it sucked major ass, and also, make your own textures recoloring someone else's dosen't make it your texture god reading that guys comment really pissed me off... Angry
    Edit: Bonzai, your texture rocked, I don't care if anyone else made it first
    i believe the correct name is doritos gay SAKURAI!!!!!!!! led by zerogirlfriends69.
    hes in my skype calls often, really he's quiet annyoing. a few of his team members even agree with me.
    also, its fine to me. don't see a problem with it.

oh damn, theres censors....i'd lol if it replaces what i just said with a picture of shadow XD
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:50:16 AM by Neon » Logged

Someone model hack in Maka from Soul Eater (with Soul as the scythe) into Brawl when model hacks come out and you will become king of the world.

Bonzai
    Advanced Kitten

In Soviet Russia, Smashball breaks YOU!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:49:13 AM »

It's so nice to see people talking about me lol.

I don't intend to do stuff others have done, but there are so many places to check, it sometimes happens.

Two thing's annoyed me though:
    1)So-and-so's is better.
     They looked the same. They were both made of ice. I honestly liked his ice pattern better, but mine says"I'm freezing my nuts off!!"

2)ESH blah blah blah

My name is not ESH. Please, if you want to complain about my actions, don't degrade my team mates, especially BigSharkZ; he works hard just to keep his team above water.

Now for the love of everything, shut up everyone. You're putting more work in arguing than I put in my texture.

And thank you dally and everyone else who liked my work.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 07:21:23 AM by Bonzai » Logged

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »

This is a classic case of my Joker VS FA's Joker. I did mine because i wanted to make another one, simple as that. If you dont like something, why not make something better?

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »

lol bonzai. Conceited much? This isn't about you; this is about a general issue in the texture hacking community. Your case is just a recent example of an ongoing problem.

Bonzai
    Advanced Kitten

In Soviet Russia, Smashball breaks YOU!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »

Woops sorry, can't read straight.

As a general rule:
    1)Make what you want, but don't be a jerk about it or an egomaniac can't read straight.
    2)Listen to Vyse.

ryutrigun
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 12:21:14 AM »

Its not wrong, I had the first idea of making all the pokemon on Brawl shiny. I did only half of them but then StackSmash did all of them some better some not as good as mine. Its like they did the work for me ;P.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: