Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18
Author Topic: Crony's Dark Samus Update!  (Read 152168 times)
Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »

Someone can help me with the final smash attack? I need the same final like Lucario.
    Perhaps someone can port the FS to Samus, then it would only need animations.
    I'm getting this btw Tongue

Crony
    Mega Kitten

Only Phazon can beat Phazon!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 08:06:39 PM »

i just upload one new skin! Look the morphball!! AWESOME 2.0!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:24:10 AM by Crony » Logged

Crony
    Mega Kitten

Only Phazon can beat Phazon!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »

Upload to the Vault!
     Grin
    Enjoy
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:24:57 AM by Crony » Logged

Ct.OWN
    Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »

Ya know, if one of you are good with making animations from scratch, all you have to do is to get D.S. to jump into the air, do her "Lucario" charge-up, and then shoot her beam. DivineOverlord could recolor it if possible so the Phazon beam is more teal blue and aura like, and Gamma Ridley could do the jumping animations(if i'm not mistaken).

Anyway, love how the PSA looks, haven't seen any other good Samus PSAs in forever since it's been almost a year since I've commented in the forums and I'm already thinking this has the feel of a real battler. However, you can touch up that morphball so it resembles those little curves in the orange lines and the outer rim. But other than that, I think this just might become canon in the terms of hacks Smiley
    if someone knows what canon means, please tell me so i can possibly fix the comment.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:31:33 AM by Ct.OWN » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »

i have to admit i never played any samus os metroyde game because i never actually liked metroid but for the pictures the moveset seems preety fun so i will try it and the part where sounds are pal its the part i lick the best xD since im a pal user also made my hacks with pal sound xD and filesize limit will kill you if you had anyting more sadly :S

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:30:45 AM »

Alright... I feel I should comment here... Now, some of this might just be me not being good with her, sorry if some of this sounds like that.

Up B ground... The light hits should have no knock back growth, it seems odd how it loses it's use when the foe is at a higher damage percent.

Up B... Seems REALLY hard to recover with, sometimes she doesn't even seem to grab the ledge, when it looks like she should have.

Down B, she sometimes pops in the air oddly... This is somewhat minor though. Although the hit box lasts a pretty long bit... At least it seems to to me.

The AAA seems odd as a jab... Since the third hit will likely not even work from up close... I wonder if it would be better as a single hit punch type of thing, one to get your foe off you... This way, it would have high base knock back, but no knock back growth... It's up to you though, but I feel the current AAA is out of place.

Down air should get a slight nerf... Since it has a lot of range, speed, and kill power... But at the moment though, it's one of her few useful moves... I'll get to this in a bit.

Most of her moves lack kill power, like down smash, it FINALLY killed Peach at like... About 140%, maybe more... A good bit of her moves are like this. Back air, and down tilt seem to be her only real kill moves... I feel like she needs more options for killing, she herself is very easy to kill, since her moves have lag. And she seems light weight... Either that, or I'm just too tired to play her right...

Also, her grab is SLOW... Now, this wouldn't be bad in itself, but her throws are nothing special either... Either make the grab more like a normal grab, or make her throws somehow worth the extra lag. Another thing, her dash turn grab is normal Samus', you need to fix this somehow.

Her dodge roll is kinda slow, I know Sephiroth's was too, but he's meant to be sorta weak in the mobility department, Dark Samus' should be more normal dodge roll like, this would help her keep way game. It could also use a bit less sparkles.

One more thing... Now, I know how Samus' file size limit is small, but is it possible to change some of the moves that were Samus'? Like most of her air moves, and some tilts. I feel a one hit up air would be interesting, whatever the move would be, it could be slow, but hit pretty hard. And also Nuke's old neutral air... And maybe even somehow make the Z-air something different too? But if that's not possible, that's alright.

All and all, pretty good PSA, but seems odd balance wise... She's too weak, yet too strong in ways... I feel she needs some further balancing.

But again, I know how much of a pain Samus' file size limit is, so if no more changes can be done... Well... That's alright, but if you can, that would be nice.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:45:53 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »

i tryed the moveset and its preety good  i would just change a few thing 
    first neutral B you should had an interrupt so we could shield and stop the neutral B rolling where we wanted its a simple code xD same with down aerial you should add an interrupt too

second why no make his up B only go down if we press B again while is rising so if we wouldnt press B it would just finish in the air  high up that would help recovery preety well

the rest i like xD its a great psa and its a awsome first hack
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:53:58 AM by Carnage » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »

Uh, no, interrupting the down air? I think that move's already too good as it is, it needs more start up lag, since it has no end lag as it is, and also has a huge hit box.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

Uh, no, interrupting the down air? I think that move's already too good as it is, it needs more start up lag, since it has no end lag as it is, and also has a huge hit box.
    if you do down aerial off stage is like certain death also interrupt doesnt give you any advantage or disadvantage you just do the air dodje its preety simple

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »

if you do down aerial off stage is like certain death also interrupt doesnt give you any advantage or disadvantage you just do the air dodje its preety simple
    But that's why you don't use it off stage... Plus if you jumped high enough, it won't kill you anyway, it makes a nice way to gimp someone as it is now... I mean, is Sonic's down air cancelable? No, no it's not. Is Zero Suit Samus'? No.

See what I mean? It would be un-Brawl like if you could cancel it, and would make her overpowered.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »

But that's why you don't use it off stage... Plus if you jumped high enough, it won't kill you anyway, it makes a nice way to gimp someone as it is now... I mean, is Sonic's down air cancelable? No, no it's not. Is Zero Suit Samus'? No.

See what I mean? It would be un-Brawl like if you could cancel it, and would make her overpowered.

naruto is cancellable xD and a few other i saw  like that can be cancelled dont remnber the psa names  but theres quite a few with cancellable down air like that

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »

naruto is cancellable xD and a few other i saw  like that can be cancelled dont remnber the psa names  but theres quite a few with cancellable down air like that
    Yes, but I don't think Naruto is well balanced.

I still say that move should be nerfed a bit honestly...

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 10:21:34 AM »

Yes, but I don't think Naruto is well balanced.

I still say that move should be nerfed a bit honestly...

i think naruto has a balanced psa i mean its good i dont see it  being overpoer also didnt know if you already noticed down B in the air gives you a bit of sideways recovery xD

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

i think naruto has a balanced psa i mean its good i dont see it  being overpoer also didnt know if you already noticed down B in the air gives you a bit of sideways recovery xD
    I don't know... But anyway, you are right about the down B... I wonder if there's any way to make it get less good at recovering as it's used?

But still, try abusing down air... You'll see why I don't want it to have canceling.

Edit: Also... Crony, you might want to tone down the GFX on Dark Samus... There's a lot at one time on some moves, or they're huge, like down air, I'd say make the range, and the orb smaller.

And maybe a slight bit less going on, same sorta goes for up B ground, but the size is about right.

Forward smash could also use a bit more order in the GFX, the tilt versions are alright though, though maybe make them one slightly bigger orb? And maybe make the no tilting version's animation about like the tilted versions, only having her hand go straight...

The up smash, while a bit much, seems alright, since it's a Phazon tornado.

AAA is overboard with the GFX... Although as I said before, I'd prefer that being changed to a single punch, as a way to get foes out of her face.

And as I also said before, the dodge roll has too much sparkles, down tone them.

Down B could use a LITTLE less... But, I guess the reason there's a lot, is to look more like the move it was based on. So I'll let it slide if there's no way to down tone it without looking odd.

Neutral B's start up needs less huge GFX, the rest is fine though.

Also... Crony? If I'm coming off harsh, I'm sorry about that... I only give feedback to PSAs I feel have good potential... And I'm giving this one feedback, so I must like it, it just needs some work. Tongue
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:06:15 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »

I don't know... But anyway, you are right about the down B... I wonder if there's any way to make it get less good at recovering as it's used?

But still, try abusing down air... You'll see why I don't want it to have canceling.

i tryed it for a bit down air just needs a little less of knockbackgrowth and it should be good and downb in the air makes you got abit downwards so it doesnt need to get weaker since it isnt a totally sideway movement you lose altitude everytime you use it.

the up B in the air really needs to be stopped when we are on top high like i said previusly and if we click B while going up he wuld go down i think this would solve recovery problems preety well xD

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18
    Print
    Jump to: