Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18
Author Topic: Crony's Dark Samus Update!  (Read 152164 times)
Crony
Mega Kitten

Only Phazon can beat Phazon!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »

:edit tried it great work so far ^^ it has a nice flow to it. one think i think is a little off is the astral jump. it has a habit of landing a little under where u would think it should. maybe make it so it lands a bit higher up?

Yea, the astral-jump dont landing on the maximum hight because it's too hight! the move will be too strong! this is the reason, but it's look wonderful to see Shocked

...next while the plasma cannon is pretty awesome i don't remember dark samus having fire type moves...

The plasma cannon it's from MP3, Dark Samus stolen this weapon to Ghor when he dies and use it durnig the final battle against Samus on Phazee.

awesome! i'll try it out Cheesy and give feed back... ...anyways awesome moveset  hope to see more along the way ^^

Thanks! Grin  Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance
    And now the NEWS: it's a particular, but i think it's very important! (How love Metroid Prime know why... Wink)

Just Updates now!

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »

I still say down air is really spammable... It doesn't seem all that different from last time, other then maybe the knock back being lower. But it should have some start up in the air. And I know this is possible somehow, since that Sephiroth PSA stalls in the air for a bit, then comes down... Or even this, if possible, maybe it could get stronger as she comes down? So... It would be much weaker then it is now then just short hopped. But when you do a full double jump, it gets more powerful as you come down...

But that might be too much for the file size to handle.

Although, you could just decrease the range some more.

And I agree with zigheart, on both points, up B seems wonky, like it seems to randomly not grab the ledge, when you think it should... And if you're worried it would be too good, make it go less high?

Also... The "Turn into Zero Suit Samus down taunt" kinda annoys me... I keep in my habits pushing it to taunt, but then turn into Zero Suit Samus... Why can't it be like the old way to do that? Just up and down taunt?

Although you COULD make the timing less strict on it, so this way I still have three taunts to use, but other people can have their "Turn into Zero Suit Samus" code. (Which... Makes no sense for Dark Samus to do... What? Did she eat Samus? And then Samus blows Dark Samus up from the inside?
    XD)

Down smash seems... Oddly too weak, it doesn't kill Mario at 140%, and it's hit box is so specific, that even Peach, who's floating at ground level doesn't even get hit at all... So, it lasts for very little time, it can ony hit something that's RIGHT on the ground, and doesn't kill until 145%... You're better off using down tilt to kill with, less lag, easier to hit with, and kills 10% sooner...

So yeah... I'm not sure what it needs, but down smash isn't that useful at the moment...
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:44:27 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 05:47:41 AM »

^^
    i know making down air stronger with high is possible since mario dk made that for his SMBZ down air either in cape mode or without it but dont know how much filesize it takes.

up B could work that way why not making him go lower but doesnt come down? maybe has high as sonic UpB i think it would be balanced move since you dont do damage and get in special fall after using it.

the taunt is there for those who like to swich between ZSS and Dark samus just dont use down taunt datadrain or you could just copy the code to side or up taunts that way you would misclick it.

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »

Epic moveset!! I love it but Awesome Face, it needs a few changes...
    1. Recovery isn't the greatest
    2. Dark Samus is TOO WEAK!!!
    3. The boost ball for special goes too far
    4. Some moves need to be given a little work on
    Could you please invest in doing these changes. Other than that, this is probably the best Samus moveset I have ever used!!!  Awesome Face

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »

Epic moveset!! I love it but Awesome Face, it needs a few changes...
    1. Recovery isn't the greatest
    2. Dark Samus is TOO WEAK!!!
    3. The boost ball for special goes too far
    4. Some moves need to be given a little work on
    Could you please invest in doing these changes. Other than that, this is probably the best Samus moveset I have ever used!!!  Awesome Face
    1. On that, I agree, I feel she should jump less high, but actually stay at that height, rather then fall down really fast after the up B.

2. Eh... Not really, though I do have to say her down smash needs buffing, since down tilt is better in every way, other then it not being able to hit both sides... But when you can't even hit Peach floating at ground level with down smash, that's pretty poor range.

3. A bit, but you CAN turn her around when you fire the missile. So that makes up for it a bit.

4. Yeah, down air, since it's a bit too good, down smash, since it's... Too poor ranged, almost all air moves, even if they're just animation changes (although I liked the neutral air Nuke had), with slight damage changes. And a few others...

So yeah, I actually agree with some of these points.

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 17, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »

You should also make Dark Samus faster since she is really fast in Metroid Prime 2 and 3

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »

You should also make Dark Samus faster since she is really fast in Metroid Prime 2 and 3
    Well, I think they made her slower for Brawl balancing logic, take for example, Ganondorf, doesn't fly, or jump 20 feet in the air.

But... She COULD stand to be a bit faster I guess, like... A little under Meta Knight's speed?

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: September 17, 2011, 10:27:43 PM »

DS had an odd speed+power balance in game. it wasn't so much she was particularly fast,  (around the same speed as samus really except her dash), but her attacks were really fast paced and destructive without a lot of focus on a target most of the time. but that being said she also had insane start up and ending lag on every attack. lol it was when u got to attack in the game with attacks like a super missile. ur boost ball i think captured that feel for DS perfectly. i still think phazon comet should be a bit faster coming downward with more start up. maybe make it go diagonal more like the original would be a nice touch too. down b seems a bit spamable still maybe more end lag for it? i feel that one should have a quick start tho. so far this is one of my favorite samus psa's, great work ^^
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:28:50 PM by zigheart » Logged

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:14 PM »

DS had an odd speed+power balance in game. it wasn't so much she was particularly fast,  (around the same speed as samus really except her dash), but her attacks were really fast paced and destructive without a lot of focus on a target most of the time. but that being said she also had insane start up and ending lag on every attack. lol it was when u got to attack in the game with attacks like a super missile. ur boost ball i think captured that feel for DS perfectly. i still think phazon comet should be a bit faster coming downward with more start up. maybe make it go diagonal more like the original would be a nice touch too. down b seems a bit spamable still maybe more end lag for it? i feel that one should have a quick start tho. so far this is one of my favorite samus psa's, great work ^^
    Ah, good points there.

I agree on all of them, down air could be faster with more start up lag, and I know air start up lag is possible, since DO did it with Sephiroth.

And yeah, I forgot to mention down B, yeah, it's a bit spammable, it should have some end lag on it.

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: September 18, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »

By speed I ment running not attacks.
      Crony, READ THIS IDEA!!!
    You should forget the phazon wave final smash and try out this idea...
    New final smash, Aurora unit 313 appears out of the ground and Dark Samus enters Aurora unit 313 (like Mp3) and sends out a massive wave of phazon that gives an AMAZING amount of damage!!!

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »

Crony, READ THIS IDEA!!!
    New final smash, Aurora unit 313 appears out of the ground and Dark Samus enters Aurora unit 313 (like Mp3) and sends out a massive wave of phazon that gives an AMAZING amount of damage!!!
    Ah... Just one problem with that idea... There's no model that's usable for Aurora unit 313... In other words, impossible to do...

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: September 18, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »

Crony, READ THIS IDEA!!!

i know u did, DS really isn't that fast in metroid prime.  her dashes were only quick bursts of speed, overal she wasn't much faster then samus if any. her attacks were what propelled her forward quickly such boost ball and comet did. and thats tru about no model for 313 altho u can probably use phantoons model if u vertex it a bit, from metroid other M.

Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.

Phazonin
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »

A video............ por favor/please?! This sounds amazing! You did a great job! I've been waiting for someone to come along a make another Dark Samus since Nuke abandoned his...

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2011, 10:59:47 PM »

i know u did, DS really isn't that fast in metroid prime.  her dashes were only quick bursts of speed, overal she wasn't much faster then samus if any. her attacks were what propelled her forward quickly such boost ball and comet did. and thats tru about no model for 313 altho u can probably use phantoons model if u vertex it a bit, from metroid other M.
    Phantoon's model? Hm... If it can be vertexed... That might actually work... If that doesn't bump up the file size by a great amount...

And this is also true, she wasn't that fast movement speed wise, she just had crazy rush down attacks...

Hm... That would be an interesting character trait in Brawl... She needs a few more attacks that speed her forward, and maybe her run speed could be SLOWER... This way, to get around good, she would need to use some attacks to move.

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »

Phantoon's model? Hm... If it can be vertexed... That might actually work... If that doesn't bump up the file size by a great amount...

And this is also true, she wasn't that fast movement speed wise, she just had crazy rush down attacks...

Hm... That would be an interesting character trait in Brawl... She needs a few more attacks that speed her forward, and maybe her run speed could be SLOWER... This way, to get around good, she would need to use some attacks to move.

thats actually exactly how i would invision a DS move set lol was already thinking down A could be a bit more diagonal.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18
    Print
    Jump to: