Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: Crony's Dark Samus Update!  (Read 152197 times)
Crony
Mega Kitten

Only Phazon can beat Phazon!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: October 27, 2011, 04:17:59 AM »

When is the next update?? 

Sorry, but i'm very busy now... i dont know when i can update, sorry :'(

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: October 27, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »

Hey Crony, if you want some ideas for Dark Samus that are based off of Metroid Prime 2 or 3, PM me, I got some cool ideas...

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #107 on: November 08, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »

When you can work on this again... I just thought of a few ways to balance her further...

Side smash should have more end lag, not by much, just a bit, since it's hard to punish at the moment. Plus it's a great punishing tool. It punishes spot dodges. Same for up smash, since it's an upward version of the side smash.

The air neutral B should be something different, like similar to the ground one, if possible that is. Just with some free fall, and no canceling it, once you start it, you have to finish the move, or get KOed trying.

The AAA combo should be a single punch, or something similar, then the fireball. And only if the jab connects. This kinda coding was used in the Sephiroth PSA for side tilt.

Up air I guess could use more end lag or something.

Down smash might be a tad bit too fast, maybe just a slight bit of start up, and a LITTLE more end lag would help this.

Down B could use a slight bit more end lag.

There should be a version of the PSA without the invisibility. I just feel there's too little of a con to use the taunt.

I hope this helps in the future.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »

I like those ideas, Smiley however Dark Samus needs reduced knockback more than reduced damage. Okay, so I have been thinking about a new entry. An entry kinda like the one Dark Samus uses when she corrupts the hunters who are about to destroy the levithan incoming to Norion in (Mp3 of course).
    I have also thinking about a brand new Side-B, how about Nukes Morph ball flyer thingy. (But with more lag and can't be spammed!! And reduced damage and knockback!!) Nukes final smash animation would look great but without the arm cannon zero lazer circle thingy.  Awesome Face
    And about the animation walk slow, how about Dark Samus actually walks like she does in Mp2 before the first battle which is in Agon pirate facility!!!
    About the Down-B, yeah, it's pretty spammy. How about coding like, "Shadow Lord of Chaos's" in which the Down-B only works if the person reflects at the right time or the enemy is right next to them. Those two ideas are based off all the Dark Samus battles!!! Up-B air needs to be rid of that annoying fall or just make the fall much, much smaller!! I now realize that the final smash should be like Lucario's!!! I think that was a great idea to think of something like that!!! I might actually be able to assist you with the animation since I am learning how to animate right now!!!

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »

And now, for some motivation.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23636

Also, side smash needs less shield damage, I was able to break Zelda's shield in two uses of the move... I'd guess the up smash is similar. So maybe make it as much as whatever you'll make the side smash's.

Also, I think you should keep the dark orbs side B, it suits her, though I do agree with the up B not needing that falling animation, it just makes it odd... Perhaps as a trade off, she should have a weaker spike with it?

Also take what I said in my last post into consideration as well... Hopefully when you get back to this, I'll have more feedback for you.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: November 10, 2011, 01:24:42 AM »

with the new dark samus import someone needs to make a full pack for this psa with recolours css and the rest of the stuff

kururu
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: November 11, 2011, 04:56:20 AM »

AAA combo froze samus in t pose

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: November 13, 2011, 10:30:24 AM »

AAA combo froze samus in t pose
    You are probably using riivolution, in that case you must download a, Common_en and place it in your system folder and once you do, open it up and replace FitSamusMotionEtc with the the MotionEtc you got from, DARK SAMUS Final then save. Your done!!!
    Hope this helps!!!  Awesome Face

Crony
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: November 15, 2011, 07:03:55 AM »

hello guys,

Thanks for the comments. I will release a new update soon, more ballanced and with some bugs corrected.
    I'm really glad Nuke come back with the D.S. import model! It's great (i can't wait he do the MP2 version Happy Face)!

be patient to wait just a little bit, sorry :'(

StupidMetroid
    Expert Kitten

I'm back from the dead.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: November 15, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »

Awesome, as I said earlier, I might be able to help you help you with the final smash animation for phazon wave!!! However I am only a beginner at animating, so if you want my help just reply to this, but if you want a pro animator just request DivineOverlord or Gamma Ridley to help you!!!

EDIT: Can you remove the purple fire from Dark Samus's movement animations, doesn't fit her one bit!!! Read my post November 9th for some moveset ideas!!
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:31:24 PM by Wisdom » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 06:38:38 AM »

hello guys,

Thanks for the comments. I will release a new update soon, more ballanced and with some bugs corrected.
    I'm really glad Nuke come back with the D.S. import model! It's great (i can't wait he do the MP2 version Happy Face)!

be patient to wait just a little bit, sorry :'(

Oh? Good to hear. Tongue

Just make sure you take what I said into account.

I look forward to this update.

Crony
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: November 20, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »

DONE! New update ready!

This update concern the ballance of the attacks especially the lags times of some moves, and the attacks power. (in particular Data_Drain advices Wink)

I finally fix the crash animation (aerial down landing), not be cancellable any more.

Thanks everyone for the feedback Cheesy, and sorry for having spent so much time :'(

Enjoy!

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2011, 08:20:10 AM »

Okay, we're getting there. Down B is less spammable, her smashes seem more balanced... However, her forward smash still does too much shield damage... Two hits from it, and your shield is gone. Also... Maybe this smash should be weaker knock back wise? Like have high base knock back, but low knock back growth... Down smash should be her killing smash I think.

You might want to reduce the GFX on down air, and up B ground, since it kinda makes the game lag when used on some stages.

I still say AAA should just be an AA, and the second part should only activate when the first part connects. And the canon should have less GFX.

Down smash seems a bit odd now... The animation and GFX suggest that the attack hits on the first frame, but it hits much later... Fix that up a bit, make the GFX come out as the attack does. And maybe when it does... A little more time for the hit box to stay out? Not too much more though.

Now, here's a suggestion for a buff oddly enough... Her down air has... Actually, TOO much landing lag now, if Falcon shields it, he can Falcon Punch her without her being able to dodge... There should be just enough to avoid being hit by like... Ike's side smash or something.

Up B air still feels odd to me... But eh, maybe it's just a trait I have to get used to.

See if the tether attack can be disabled... It seems odd for Dark Samus to use that for me. Or at least do something not as attack like...

One more thing... If possible, make neutral B air be like I said for it to be, however if the file size is in the way, maybe making the final smash more simple would help?

Alright, other then that, I like this PSA, it is a bit odd she has two up Bs though... Anyway, other then what I said, and the disappear taunt. This is shaping up nicely. The game play is almost there I believe, it just needs polishing. This is gonna be a pretty good PSA in the final version I believe.
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:49:18 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

SquareELinks
    Expert Kitten

Cheese

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »

I still say AAA should just be an AA, and the second part should only activate when the first part connects. And the canon should have less GFX.

Up B air still feels odd to me... But eh, maybe it's just a trait I have to get used to.

This^^^^^ but other than that I really enjoy the moveset Awesome Face

SSB4 Wanted Newcomers: Ridley, K. Rool, Duck Hunt Dog, Mach Rider, Sceptile, Chrom, Shulk, Bandana Dee, Ghirahim, Ray 01, Zero Two (Long Shot)

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »

This^^^^^ but other than that I really enjoy the moveset Awesome Face
    Yeah, she needs some GFX reduction, and like I said, less Shield damage on the neutral side smash... Either that, or it should work like the tilted ones too? No multi hit... Eh... Might be a bit odd... But it would be more consistent with the other versions of the side smash...

Oh yeah, her up B ground also kills shields really fast, but... I'm not sure I have as much of a problem with this, since it has SO much start up lag, and doesn't hit hard unshielded, I guess it could use less shield damage as well, but not as big of a nerf as forward smash's shield damage.

But yeah, she mostly needs less GFX on some moves, get rid of unneeded ones, like ones you hardly notice in the mix of the GFX. Or in some cases, like AAA, make them smaller in general...

And see if it is possible to have just a AA combo, where the second hit only activates when the first one does. Look at Sephiroth's side tilt to see what I mean, if it misses, he just leaves himself open, but if he hits, the second part activates... I think Dark Samus' jab should do the same kinda thing, a quick jab with some end lag if it misses... But if it hits, she fires her canon, and the move works pretty much how it does now from there, just less GFX.

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18
    Print
    Jump to: