Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [TUTORIAL] How to hack in independent victory slots  (Read 6869 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: March 25, 2014, 01:25:11 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MOcDG4MZ0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MOcDG4MZ0</a>

Hi, I have seen a code floating around that mods custom victories in independent of their shared series.  but I wondered, is it possible to do it without the code?

that answer is yes!

here's how to do it:

*note, we will not be adding brstms to the game, we will be stealing sourcing from the uselesss subspace brstms and making use of two unused brstms in the game which are x24 and 000.

this method does not edit the sound groups at all so sawnd files cannot be made for this.

You will need just a BRSAR so let's get started:

open your brsar in brawbox . *version 0.70

now ignoring the group table on the right, we are going to go straight to the folder with the Z series in them located in snd/bgm/ not the snd in  all caps

choose the Zxx folder corresponding the character victory you want to change/isolate from the series (eg: peach)
     and leave it open for later, right now, we are going to pick a brstm slot to use our victory over

You may locate any brstm slot that you do not use (or the stages themselves don't use (this includes the menus))

unused brstm #1

unused brstm #2:

subspaces:

once you have decided on what slot you want to use with the victory, copy the contents of the green box in the slot you choose (there are more than the three examples to choose from!)

and paste it in the green box for the victory slot (F[chara])

repeat for more characters, you cant use the same slot again unless you want multiple characters of your choice to share the same victory song so you can shake things up here if you please

once you are finished, save

put your brsar on your SD card and load up the game.

Enjoy!

ASL compatible custom victory hack
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:44:53 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:36 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MOcDG4MZ0

Hi, I have seen a code floating around that mods custom victories in independent of their shared series.  but I wondered, is it possible to do it without the code?

that answer is yes!

here's how to do it:

*note, we will not be adding brstms to the game, we will be stealing sourcing from the uselesss subspace brstms and making use of two unused brstms in the game which are x24 and 000.

this method does not edit the sound groups at all so sawnd files cannot be made for this.

You will need just a BRSAR so let's get started:

open your brsar in brawbox . *version 0.70

now ignoring the group table on the right, we are going to go straight to the folder with the Z series in them located in snd/bgm/ not the snd in  all caps

choose the Zxx folder corresponding the character victory you want to change/isolate from the series (eg: peach)
     and leave it open for later, right now, we are going to pick a brstm slot to use our victory over

You may locate any brstm slot that you do not use (or the stages themselves don't use (this includes the menus))

unused brstm #1

unused brstm #2:

subspaces:

once you have decided on what slot you want to use with the victory, copy the contents of the green box in the slot you choose (there are more than the three examples to choose from!)

and paste it in the green box for the victory slot (F[chara])

repeat for more characters, you cant use the same slot again unless you want multiple characters of your choice to share the same victory song so you can shake things up here if you please

once you are finished, save

put your brsar on your SD card and load up the game.

Enjoy!

[/color]
    This seems really interesting! But that won't work with Gecko, right?
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:45:47 AM by Red Akeno » Logged

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »

This seems really interesting! But that won't work with Gecko, right?
    unfortunately, unless you can load the whole brsar with it, no there are other things you can do with this which i will go over later which will greatly benifit PSAs with unique final smashes but cant be used in gecko I am hoping to get a push on these new techniques and see what people can do with them

the neat thing about this non gecko thing though, you can make use of the mysterious unused brstms for any purpose with it

the other thing you can use are the mewtwo and roy victory slot if anything uses it... dunno if P:M uses it
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:13:56 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:03 PM »

...you can use the CSE with BrawlEx to achieve the same kind of effect. Just sayin'.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »

...you can use the CSE with BrawlEx to achieve the same kind of effect. Just sayin'.

1) what is CSE?
    2) can you make the game use x24 and 000 at your own will (choose what plays them)?
    3) does that code go by series (eg if you use a diddy slot and DK slot can they still be independent? or will they still share the same song because they belong to the same series)?  or by pointer in the brsar list?

can non brawlex users take advantage of  it without clashing other codes (incompatability)?

I am making a tutorial on modding SEQ music which I am sure codes cant do since  it isnt originally a wave data we can replace with sawnd or strm files

ASL compatible custom victory hack
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:45:13 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:51:59 PM »

http://smashboards.com/threads/cse-custom-sound-engine-v2-5-works-with-geckoos-and-riivolution.300069/
    I primarily use it for the Stage Expansion, but you can use it to use custom victory themes. As for the unused slots, no.

You really should invest some time into researching BrawlEx. It's so useful.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 01:01:52 AM »

http://smashboards.com/threads/cse-custom-sound-engine-v2-5-works-with-geckoos-and-riivolution.300069/
    I primarily use it for the Stage Expansion, but you can use it to use custom victory themes. As for the unused slots, no.

You really should invest some time into researching BrawlEx. It's so useful.

I would like to see codes  with X and Y values  to addd calls to those slots

the next thing is SEQ editing such as item music like the hammer and big gay dance song  I have modded the dedede final smash music before

I do not want my discoveries to go in vien
    so for those who cant utilize brawlex either by its complexity or by  not being able to make it work, is there a simpler way to do 36 custom victories?   because I am still expirimenting with the brsar
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:44:50 PM by Diddy Kong » Logged

theniftytable
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »

Does this work with Project M?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »

Does this work with Project M?
    No it does not because projectM does not run off of riivolution and thus doesn't have the brsar file support required to pull the hack off, using an ISO inject might work, but might bug out if the offsets of the banks change

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: