Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .PAC files?  (Read 3681 times)
blackandwhite9999
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 26, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »

Okay, so I know how to use .pcs files on an SD card. But when I referred back to the page on Smashboards discussing this, I read this:

Every character does NOT need their .pac file but, you need to name the .pac file the same way you named the .pcs file except without the .pcs extension (just the .pac extension instead) so Captain Falcon's .pac file would look like this: FitCaptain01.pac (of his first color, you need to change the number according to what you set it to for the .pcs, this is merely an example, it will not always be 01). The characters who DO need their .pac files are below:

What do they mean by this? Do they mean that I need to have a .pac file identical to the .pcs file in the same location? I'm confused.  Sad

Register
Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »

lol

As noted, all you need for ALMOST all characters are their PCS files.

However, the only exceptions are Bowser, Sheik, Zelda... the transformation characters, basically.

So, in order to make said ^ characters work properly, you simply put the PCS and PAC file together. (I'm assuming you're using the SD Loader.)
    Let's take Bowser for example... You have an edited green-colored Bowser, "FitKoopa00.pcs".
    Simple as this:

FitKoopa00.pcs
    FitKoopa00.pac

Basically, the PAC file is named EXACTLY the same as the PCS file (minus ending in .pcs, of course Tongue ).

FitWario07.pac
    FitWario07.pcs

FitZelda01.pac
    FitZelda01.pcs

FitPokeLizardon02.pac
    FitPokeLizardon02.pcs

Simple as that.~ Smiley
    (You can also supply the PAC files with the PCS files in the SD Loader to make characters appear in various other modes, like the Subspace Emissary mode, or Boss Battles... Modes outside of normal Brawl-ing mode.)
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:34:52 AM by Register » Logged

blackandwhite9999
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »

Thanks a lot!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: