Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No more Footstooling please ;_;  (Read 7114 times)
Kurayamiblack
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:33:37 AM »

I honestly had no clue where else to put this topic. Footstooling... IMO is worse than tripping and Brawl Hacking has been around for what seems like FOREVER in terms of how quickly it's progressed over the years. So I'm astonished to find that getting ones hands on a "No Tripping" code is as easy as, well, tripping... But finding a "No Footstool Jumping" code is like trying to find buried treasure on Jupiter >.>

Every time I find the code, it's in GCT format and obviously when I open up the GCT the tools I use to crack it open don't recognize the code and it gets crammed into a super-code consisting of every unidentified code on the GCT making it impossible for an Average Joe to pick out the code they're looking for. I can't count how many times I've been "cheated" out of a recovery from a footstool addicted CPU (they 3-stocked me once... and I DON'T suck >_>) or I get accidentally Footstooled by a human player who apologizes because they hate it too but needed to hit the jump button to recover and I happened to be right under them trying to do the same.

Personal hatred aside; considering how long hacking and coding has been around, an anti-Footstool jump code seems like something someone should have publicly released a long time ago.

You know where this is going...

"Could someone please create or reveal (because I know it already exists >_>) the code for No Footstool jumping in TEXT format for everyone to use as they please?" -Me and nearly all of my friends

I believe alot of people who, like me, wanted it gone but have just dealt with it would appreciate the code. NTSC-U primarily but if you can get it for others too, go for it. This is something that should be shared! Kirby Dance

Thanks in advance if the answer is a "Hyez!".

Kaye Cruiser
Waveshocker Sigma
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 02:28:03 AM »

I personally agree with this person and would like this code as well. >.>

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »

Footstooling hasn't been done 'cause people look at it as a tech more than anything. Kirby's gimping playstyle is based on footstoolong, for example, so doing the code would hurt Kirby among others a lot. That's probably why no one has made it, specially because no one sees it as annoying, I say again, more like a tech.

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:14:14 AM »

Project M has footstooling remapped from the jump button to the Up DPad button.
    And if it is a tech, then it certainly is one of the most worthless techs in Smash.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 11:00:39 AM »

Project M has footstooling remapped from the jump button to the Up DPad button.
    And if it is a tech, then it certainly is one of the most worthless techs in Smash.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKG4amJJ6E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKG4amJJ6E</a>

I think this proves it's quite a handy tech.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »

Oh there's more then that it can do... It first off, lets Zero Suit Samus infinite ROB, second? It lets Diddy nearly infinite with his bananas I believe...

Footstooling is really pretty broken... Since it opened up a lot of glitches.
    Plus it's odd Sakurai would add something only good players would be able to take advantage of, since most common players don't even mean to do it most of the time, but good players have that uncanny ability to perfectly time stuff. <_<

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »

It does more bad then good.
    But I guess that's why it fits in VBrawl (and that kinda builds up my earlier statement about footstooling).

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »

I actually love footstooling O.o

but there is one thing bad I have to admint, you get "flinched" way too long, it should have been half of the time

Stupid Tinypic :C

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 05:12:23 PM »

It does more bad then good.
    But I guess that's why it fits in VBrawl (and that kinda builds up my earlier statement about footstooling).
    Honestly, I kinda wonder why P:M kept it at all... And no, it's not even fit to be in normal Brawl, I feel a code to get rid of it would be about as good as one to get rid of tripping...

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Kurayamiblack
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 03:32:00 AM »

Oh I know all about how useful footstooling can be, but in my honest opinion the option to get rid of it would be AMAZING instead of being forced to be stuck with it just because other people are okay with it.

I play Brawl+... Heavy Brawl+ to be exact, the extra gravity is sweet with the exception of a few characters whose recoveries are just aweful.

*looks at Sonic* >.>

Would be even sweeter if there was a way to play Heavy Brawl without going to Special Brawl and if you could keep normal Brawl jumping heights without changing Heavy Brawl's gravity, but that's another discussion for another time (unless someone's up for it <.<). The big picture is that Footstool jumping may be effective, but it's just... well, unmanly... You feel like you're being annihilated by something that's not even an attack. The jump button shouldn't be a killing machine. That's like going back to Melee where the CPU is dumb enough to kill itself if you move in just the right way, except now you're doing it to humans. I feel so guilty every time I footstool a friend out of a life because I feel like no effort was put into it; as if I used a cheat code that nullifies my skill for an easy victory (like spamming ZSS suit parts) and especially because 95% of the time the footstool was an accident. I threw my opponent off the ledge, tried to spike them and missed, then accidentally pwned them with a jump while trying to recover. Instant butthurt. e have a rule "No Tripping, No intentional edgehogging, and no Footstooling". Guess which one we CAN'T guarantee won't happen? >.>

I just think it would be a good idea to put the code out there in the open so that people who want it can have it. Some people said they don't see why Project M kept it. Maybe that person would like to have it removed without being forced to play a different Brawl Mod? Isn't freedom of choice what Brawl Modding is all about?

just saying.
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:40:16 AM by Kurayamiblack » Logged

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 05:21:33 AM »

I could be wrong, but if I recall, I believe the initial reason they kept it is because they couldn't find a way to get rid of it at all...I doubt that's still the case, but anything is possible. - -

Kurayamiblack
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »

I could be wrong, but if I recall, I believe the initial reason they kept it is because they couldn't find a way to get rid of it at all...I doubt that's still the case, but anything is possible. - -

Yeah that would be a pretty big problem. But I also came across this thread:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.0

Change list -

- All attack animation have less or no lag (Landing lag is the same)
       - Hit stun increased for better combo's (Trying to find a prefect fit between
               64 and Melee)
       - Faster falling speed
       - Very Slightly increased running speed
       - Character sizes -0.1
       - Weight -25
       - Momentum capture
            - Old L-Cancel Code (Wanting a 64 version of this code)
            - No Body Collisions (Even when thrown)
            - No Power Shielding
            - Slower Shield Recharge
            - Jab Lock Fixed
            - No Footstooling
            - Auto Jab Removed
            - Walljump height does not decrement
            - Dodging and Air Dodge are 1.5 faster
            - Can Special Cancel From Place Dodge after invincibility frames end

Either it's possible or someone's lying through their teeth. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that when presenting a project. Though I must admit I never got around to installing that and seeing if Footstooling was REALLY gone. I probably should have did that before making this thread >_<

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »

Meh...

Footstooling is underrated.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages: [1]
    Print