Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Questions about Model Hacking  (Read 10878 times)
STUFF2o
A Dapper Young Gentleman
Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

1. How would stage hacking work? Wouldn't you need to specify whether a part of the model is tangible, drop-through, etc?
    Stage models are very much the same as character models, and collision models are no doubt in exactly the same format as the stage itself. Trust me, I'm fairly sure stage hacking won't be too hard. HOWEVER, stage PACs are compressed, so it might take some different variations of the tool, just like ASH and STASH were.

3. How far have people gone in making/editing models (though they can't be used yet).
    Funny you should ask that, actually.. I might have a couple on queue.

5. Would this be as popular as PSA Hacking? I'm sure it will take more skill.
    Well, PSA hacking and model hacking have this compared to textures. Trial and error. No model comes out perfect on a first try, even the developers of Brawl had to start over from the ground up once or twice to get what they wanted. In addition to that, model hacking offer a LOT more freedom than texture hacking; that freedom makes it take a bit more effort, and be a lot more time consuming.

Also, I take it I'm the only person that hates Mewtwo?
    What are you on, how is modeling trial and error. You make the model, you rig it, once your happy with it you use it. It looks identical to the thing you see in your modeling program (minus the stuff in game like lights and filters and all that).

You only go from the ground up again when there is something SEVERELY wrong with your 3d file, like something that would be faster to redo the whole model.
    By trial and error, I think he means that we make frequent screw-ups we notice when we text (like texture and PSA's) and then have to go back and fix them.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:20 AM »

Again my post isnt here...

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

Again my post isnt here...
    It's because the forum is using a back up from the 12th, so anything posted after the 12th isn't here.  Or so I think...

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 08:14:58 AM »

...I also dont see some of my post but what ever.

Pages:  1 2 [3]
    Print
    Jump to: